Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

It's official, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is in development. From the trailer on the Capcom side you can see, Ryu, Morrigan (Darkstalkers) and Chris Redfield (Resident Evil).

On the Marvel side there's Wolverine, Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.

Also, in one of the shots it looks like Chun-Li's outline, so she's almost certainly in the game as well.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Teaser Trailer

Yeah great stuff, this also pretty much confirms TvC was running on MT framework too, and could easily be ported to other platforms.

I hope chris's super involves him punching boulders lol.
    -----------------

Dang... there is a trailer already? I'll download it somehow and give my impressions later.

Oh, fuck yes. God knows how much money and quarters I spent playing this thing destroying my friends.

Ok, watched the video. I was hoping it had more gameplay that video but oh well. Its good anyway.

I just hope the console version has the option to configure better your buttons. I just couldn't get myself to replay Marvel vs Capcom 2 from the PSN with the horrible button configuration. It just doesn't work for a controller like it worked on an arcade.

Kotaku has a new article up about the game.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Will Be a "Living Comic" With A Deep Story

Kotaku also put up some promo pics with guesses on the silhouettes.
    Last edited by Marik; Tue, 04-20-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Ok, watched the video. I was hoping it had more gameplay that video but oh well. Its good anyway.

I just hope the console version has the option to configure better your buttons. I just couldn't get myself to replay Marvel vs Capcom 2 from the PSN with the horrible button configuration. It just doesn't work for a controller like it worked on an arcade.
    I actually only played it on the dreamcast, so I love the xbla port :].
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Press release:

Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
    Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
    3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
    Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

It already has Morrigan, now all I need is Cammy and I'll figure out the rest!

Chris Redfield will luckily indicate a return of Jill (hopefully in RE5 costume!). The Kotaku article says that the roster is only a little over 30 though...

EDIT:

/Crosses fingers/ ...Phoenix Wright!
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 04-20-2010 at 07:05 PM.

2 wishes. Back to 6 button configuration and Spidey.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Some info and pics.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is in the newest Game Informer. Dante (Devil May Cry), Felicia (Darkstalkers), Deadpool and Captain America were listed as confirmed characters.

• The game is currently using Tatsunoko vs. Capcom style Light, Medium, and Hard attacks along with the Exchange button to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists. .

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained.

• MvC3's characters were all created from scratch — you won't see recycled character models.

• A sort of cross-over aerial rave can be performed, where you can safely change your character in the middle of an air combo, using the exchange button.

• The flow of combat is just as intense and hectic as MvC2.

• Story mode is being slightly improved, with beginning and ending story bookends, along with in-game events to keep it fresh in players' minds. Producer Ryota Niitsuma insists that though this story is better than in other MvC games, it doesn't steal the spotlight from the action.

• Capcom is paying a very large attention to detail to make sure all the characters are very in-character and act like themselves.

Backgrounds will be lively. J Jonah Jameson is in a helicopter in the background of the Daily Bugle stage shouting and pointing at the players. There's also a parade in the background that has huge air balloons of characters like Spider-Man and Viewtiful Joe. Servbots and Tron Bonne in the background of the Megaman Legends stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    • Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• The flow of combat is just as intense and hectic as MvC2.
    These things and Morrigan alone make this a must-buy.

Awesome info, thanks for the update.

*drools*

Famitsu Scans

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I had an okay time with the XBL version, just had to swap around some buttons.

Don't think I'm gonna get this, but it still looks pretty cool. Just hoping they take out the "IM GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIIIIIDEEEE~ dundundun" loop out of the menu screen, because that song haunts my nightmares.

*goes off to play some MvC2 for the hell of it*

Capcom-Unity released some HQ screens today on their blog.

Blog Entry

Yeah they were up on eventhubs as well.
    I really like the shot of iron man with his proton cannon.
    -----------------

E3 2010: Exclusive New Character Teaser HD

Has a few seconds of Dante and Deadpool.

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 - E3 Gameplay 3

stumbled across this. O_O

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.