Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 157

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    Well if Rinnegan helped the Sage of the Six Paths create all ninjutsu, it helped Pain create this technique for controlling people. Perhaps this is just Pain's interpretation of 'Six Paths'. Though I am guessing there is a limitation that forces him to use no more than six puppets OR he just chooses to use six puppets and has each focus on one type of technique. Also noticed his summons have the Rinnegan eyes. Wonder why Jiraiya didn't notice/comment on that. This episode gave us a little peak into Rinnegan's abilities: he was able to see the barrier around the leaf village.
    During Pain's fight with Jiraiya, he was also able to see Jiraiya activate a search barrier when he himself was invisible, which made him turn to a fully offensive summon. I think it's pretty established that the Rinnegan can see and understand all techniques. He also detected that Jiraiya was undergoing a change when he was charging up for Sage Mode. (and it I doubt he came to that conclusion solely from his toad-features popping up).

As for the comments about the new guy being able to summon things, I think that fact itself highly suggests that Pain himself can get new bodies, but those bodies still perform the same abilities. Regardless of the body, that particular "guy" performs summons.

It's a bit hard to definitively back this up since we haven't seen too many moves from anybody yet, but the above could be extrapolated to suggest that the Six Paths are six "schools", or six "styles" of techniques ninjas can use.

We've seen summoning, absorbing, genjutsu (the guy who peeks into your mind, then takes your soul)....... the rocket fellow may even be "projectiles".

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post

We've seen summoning, absorbing, genjutsu (the guy who peeks into your mind, then takes your soul)....... the rocket fellow may even be "projectiles".

seems more like a puppet type technique (the rocket guy). reminds me of Sasori turning himself into a puppet-- why can't someone else have done the same?