Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
Somebody to teach him fighting would also be jolly good. A lot better than simply kicking ass with a superior machine yet with little skills. Luckily the latter didn't even happen in this ep.

i thought it was shown in this episode that Banagher was trained how to pilot when he was a little boy? or at least how to handle the Unicorn's special program / stress. since most kids his age seem to know the basics of operating a mech (kinda like driving a car in the UC time line), I got the impression from episode 2 that almost nobody could teach much about the Unicorn to Banagher. he'd do well to learn some more about combat, of course, but i thought the "He was raised to pilot as a child" thing was a sign they weren't going to really go down the "Pupil" plot path.

totally agree with you on the point before this. i think this love-interest plot with Audrey and Banagher is set up nicely so they can both teach each other something. at least, i much prefer that to one-sided "Character A falls in love with B and adopts B's ideals/goals as A's own." That seems to be an all too common setup for love plots in Japanese stuff...