Thread: ASUS O!PLAY Problem

eb999

ASUS O!PLAY Problem

HELP! HELP! HELP!

What is different between episodes 1 and 3 versus 2 and 4? I am trying to play these episodes on an ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 media player with firmware rev 1.33N. Episodes 1 and 3 play fine, but 2 and 4 have sound but no video. The fact that two of the four episodes play perfectly indicates that there must be some difference in your production process between the episodes. Anything information you can provide would be appreciated, so I can advise ASUS of the problem. I have downloaded the 720p H264 version - I don't know if you have any other resolution available.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eb999 View Post
    HELP! HELP! HELP!

What is different between episodes 1 and 3 versus 2 and 4? I am trying to play these episodes on an ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 media player with firmware rev 1.33N. Episodes 1 and 3 play fine, but 2 and 4 have sound but no video. The fact that two of the four episodes play perfectly indicates that there must be some difference in your production process between the episodes. Anything information you can provide would be appreciated, so I can advise ASUS of the problem. I have downloaded the 720p H264 version - I don't know if you have any other resolution available.
    Exactly what files are you having trouble with?

I'm only guessing, but it looks like you're referring to Moonlight Mile S02 Episodes 1-4 by Gotwoot-subs?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Might be a bot too, that's why I didn't answer at first

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

yep, botttt~
    -----------------

Sounds like it could be related to the header compression issue I had with my WDTV media player with episode 4.

mkvmergeGUI versions above 4.1 or so default to enabling header compression on audio/video streams and some standalone media players don't support this properly. If the person remuxes the files manually selecting none for header compression on both the audio and video streams in mkvmergegui the file may play for him/her.

Is it endearing or saddening that Buff responded helpfully to a bot?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

HELP! HELP! HELP!

In the comments section:

@ Ed B:

That’s odd because the process was exactly the same for all four episodes. The video encoding settings were identical for all four releases. The x264 version was even the same for episodes 2 and 3, There is one possibility I’d like to check out though. Download this episode 2 patch and see if you can play the patched file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bn1b7g7ccv77wt

HELP! HELP! HELP!

I have the same problem, but I use VLC Player and download through u-torrent. With Mirai Nikki Ep. 2,3, and 4, all I get is a green screen with audio. If you know what's going on, please tell me. If it matters, Win. 7 64bit all the latest updates.

-EDIT-
    I fixed this by downloading the 8 bit versions, because I had the 10 bit. Now the sub's aren't showing up.
    Last edited by hollowichi1931; Sun, 11-06-2011 at 05:01 AM. Reason: half-fixed my own problem

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Google for x264 10bit or Hi10

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.