Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Mortal Kombat 2011

Game: Mortal Kombat 2011

E3 2010 Mortal Kombat Trailer

Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment just revealed that the famous fighting franchise will return on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2011 in a new MK that will be played in 2D.

The game will include extensive online play, a "tag-team" game option that supports up to four players in two-person teams and "the deepest story mode of any fighting game." The game will also support classic 1 vs. 1 combat. The graphics engine is said to be brand-new.

MK creator Ed Boon is overseeing the project, which is in development at the new MK-centric NetherRealm Studios in Chicago. "This game really is a response to what players have been demanding," Boon said in a press release, "mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!"

Yeah I saw the trailer several hours ago, and I'm just gonna quote some joystiq poster, since I share his sentiments.

I was going to post something long and boring that showed my excitement for this game, but instead I'll shorten it into something like this:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNTTTTT TTT

Yeah....
    -----------------

I'm pretty excited as well. I really want to try out this new tag team mode and see some new fatalities. I can't wait for them to release a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    The game will include extensive online play, a "tag-team" game option that supports up to four players in two-person teams and "the deepest story mode of any fighting game."
    The claim about the deep story mode intrigues me, given games like BlazBlue's considerably extensive one and the Soul Calibur franchise's broad (but convoluted) ones.

Fighting game story modes are for some reason really hard to do. I know most are just adapted from the arcade version, but it's a nice surprise when they put a lot of effort into them.

holy crap....MK back to the way it was meant to be. thats awesome. i loved that fatality at the end rofl.

Game Informer posted a new preview for the upcoming Mortal Kombat game.

Pouring Buckets Of Gore On Gaming's Bloodiest Series

Mortal Kombat Trailers

A couple of Sub-Zero trailers from the new MK game. The first one tells his backstory and the second shows off his moves.

Sub Zero Trailer

Sub-Zero Lives Trailer

Scorpion has a couple of trailers also.

Scorpion Trailer

Scorpion Arises Trailer
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 04-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Don't tell me Sub-zero lost his orignal fatality...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

He didn't..
    -----------------

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    He didn't..
    With that second vid and what seemed to be a fatality, I was fearing he did loose his trademark one. I guess it's even MK's signature. At least, many reviews on tv, news etc... almost always had that fatality shown when speaking of MK, or even just mentionning the game.

I never really played that much, but MK is the only arcade game I finished -17 years ago or so... already...- , but I only did it with SubZero. Because I like the fact you can freeze your oponent, and of course his fatality.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

The second vid doesn't show a fatality, the first vid does, but that is his 3rd one, his first fatality is the classic one.
    -----------------

Kratos in the PS3 Version of Mortal Kombat

The latest issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine has revealed that God of War protagonist Kratos is to star in the PlayStation 3 version of the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot.

Kratos will have his own fatalities, attacks, and God of War-themed combat arena when the game launches in March. He won’t ‘be a playable character in the game’s story mode, though. Even so, Kratos seems like a perfect fit for the franchise, him being one of the most violent characters of the generation.

David Jaffe, director of the first God of War and creative director of the second, expressed his happiness of Kratos’ inclusion on Twitter moments after the news hit the net.

“LOVE that Kratos is in the new MK. So bummed he’s not in the story portion. Heard about it from Ed at E3 this year and had to keep super mum on it but man, ****ing LOVE it. He totally fits in that world.I **** you not- on some level I feel like all the characters I work on are alive and that I have a relationship with them and I can tell you, if I know Kratos- and I do!- he’s ****ing LOVING his time in the MK Universe. I bet he makes a **** ton of friends there. He should pull Zeus in and ****ing leave his ass there!”

When mulling how Kratos might dispatch his foes in Mortal Kombat, Jaffe suggested the Greek powerhouse would "f*** the s*** out of Sonya and Katana at the same motherf***ing time!!!".

"Hell," he added in a tweet that seems to have been removed, "I think Kratos should reach out and pull the f***ing MK Classic narrator into the game and gut the f***er. Oh, or rip the head off."

The furore has had the knock-on effect that Epic Games decision-makers Cliff Bleszinksi and Mark Rein openly - via Twitter - talked about getting Gears of War characters in the Xbox 360 version of Mortal Kombat.

Wrote Bleszinksi: "'Clay Carmine for exclusive 360 character in the new MK would be an awesome contrast to Kratos.' - I agree!"

"Must figure out a Gears char in MK!" he added.

To which Mark Rein responded: "Cliff: you know that Mortal Kombat game uses Unreal Engine 3, right? Just call Ed [Boon] and chat with him about it."

Mortal Kombat is out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2011.
    March 2011, hrmm. Releasing right after Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Mortal Kombat Release Date and Multiple Editions

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today releases a special extended trailer for the award-winning and iconic fighting game Mortal Kombat, featuring the playable warrior Kratos -- from the renowned God of War series -- exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

Launching in April 2011 and developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat is available for pre-order now on both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The game will be available to consumers in three editions– Standard Edition, Kollector’s Edition and Tournament Edition.

Details of three different editions of Mortal Kombat:

* The Standard Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game.

* The Kollector’s Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines, a collectible art book, downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes.

* The Tournament Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, a portable fight stick, and downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes. The number of tournament editions is very limited with only 20,000 copies available in North America.

Players will be able to pre-order any of the above at North American retailers as of today. Specific pre-order programs include:

Gamestop: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Gamestop will get exclusive access to the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin and the original Scorpion Fatality.

Best Buy: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Best Buy will get exclusive access to the Klassic Sub-Zero Playable Character Skin and the original Sub-Zero Fatality.

Amazon: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat on Amazon.com will get exclusive access to the Klassic Reptile Playable Character Skin and the original Reptile Fatality.

Mortal Kombat will feature Kratos as a playable character, as well as be in Stereoscopic 3-D exclusively in the PS3 version. The brutal warrior from the acclaimed God of War franchise will have his own customized move set, fatality, and fighting arena, available to all original purchasers when Mortal Kombat hits stores.
    Hrmm, so the release date is April 19, 2011 and not March. I hate retailer exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    Any of you went for the Platinum trophy on SFIV?
    No. I rarely fight online and I'm not good enough to beat the hard trials and challenges.
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 12-13-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Added some more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Hrmm, so the release date is April 19, 2011 and not March. I hate retailer exclusives.
    Man, that's awesome. It looks really good. And with Kratos in it makes me want to get it even more. I hope they did a better job then those cats @ Namco with the PSP SC: Broken Destiny's Kratos.

No. I rarely fight online and I'm not good enough to beat the hard trials and challenges.
    I managed to do all the Trials but I'm stuck at Level 10 in both Normal Survival and Time Attack challenges. Supposedly you're to fight with Zangief or E. Honda, spamming the hell out of it but I can't manage. And it doesn't have that much online trophies, luckily.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    I managed to do all the Trials but I'm stuck at Level 10 in both Normal Survival and Time Attack challenges. Supposedly you're to fight with Zangief or E. Honda, spamming the hell out of it but I can't manage. And it doesn't have that much online trophies, luckily.
    I beat the Normal Survival and Normal Time Attack modes by using Zangief and spamming his Lariat over and over.

Edit: Mortal Kombat Kratos Trailer
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 12-16-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Mileena Gameplay Video From The New MK

Mortal Kombat Release Date and Box Art

Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios bring fans an action-packed Mortal Kombat video featuring new footage of the infamous unhinged clone Mileena and what happens when she finds a new “playmate” to tear apart. In addition to the brand-new video, revealed today is the game’s official box art and release date of April 19th, 2011.

Mortal Kombat is the most brutal installment of the landmark fighting game to date is set for release on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. The game is being developed by NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat creator and creative director Ed Boon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That boxart is pretty cool, glad they used the 2 most powerful warriors in the franchise.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Popular*
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

powerful²*
    -----------------