Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcement of New Gundam Series Due on June 13th

Genin
    Quote Originally Posted by Illrenmazou View Post
    Great news! Although there will be changes, younger fans of the franchise may finally enjoy early UC without the barrier of outdated animation.
    +1
    I even have trouble watching the old UC series because of the animation. The gundam just never seems to "move" correctly.

You know, I'm not going to even bother creating a new thread for this since I doubt many people are watching it anyways so...

{SAGE} Gundam AGE episode 1 720p

Overall, pretty generic.

CONS (mostly nitpicky stuff):

-"Yeah, UE attacks other places, but theyre not going to attack here".
    -And then Flint argues with the teacher...like THATS going to change anything. Shouldnt he be taking that to like the admiral or something? Since you know, they trust him with the development of a mobile suit anyways.
    -SFX are pretty generic. Then again, I thought the same thing about 00 and I got over it. Also sounds like theyre recycling SEED SFXs too.
    -Friend of mine was complaining about how AGE and UE can take alot of shots and show no damage. Doesnt bother me too much, considering the tone of the show. Plus, that short of thing has been seen before in Gundam.

PROS:
    -MC is apparently a freaking genius. Built his own damn Gundam. And apparently they gave him full control (atleast in in development). And, so far, it doesnt look like its gotten to his head like certain other Gundam protags. Yeah, hes a bit anti-social but hes just trying to save the world and such.
    -Still not a fan of the character designs, but the Mobile Suits didnt look too shabby.

Thats all I got for now really. Considering that its only the first episode and its intended audience, I dont want to be TOO judgmental. As I said before, I will keep my expectations low and hope for the best.

I think this should get it's own thread.. I know I'll be watching it. The only way to know if something sucks is to see it for yourself. Bitching in advance is getting you nowhere.