• No

6 46.15%
  • IDC

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stickies

Blog Entries

Stickies

How about merging the funny video and funny pics thread into a funny media thread and sticking it in the general section? It's annoying having to use the search function every time i want to post there and both threads are fairly popular

If you think that makes too many stickies you might want to consider removing the irc weddings thread that is barely used anymore

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    How about merging the funny video and funny pics thread into a funny media thread and sticking it in the general section? It's annoying having to use the search function every time i want to post there and both threads are fairly popular

If you think that makes too many stickies you might want to consider removing the irc weddings thread that is barely used anymore
    typing the search into my browser address bar gives me the necessary link already.. isn't that easier than following sticky links on a page?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Yeah and if i wanted to make it even easier i could just add it as a favorite page all over the fucking desktop...

I'm just sayin, they're both popular threads and so similar that having them separated like that just feels weird, especially now that we can even post youtube videos in the thread itself. Also, seeing how they're so popular they should be stickied.

If we unstickied the IRC thread, it would break, figuratively speaking, DO's heart (since he has got no heart to break in reality).

I wouldn't remove it. IRC is still a part of Gotwoot, so at the very least it deserves one sticky thread.

Unsticky my "30 second anime review" thread please. It hasn't served its purpose since the day it was created, no one posts in it, and the exchange on the first page where I flamed the shit out of some guy doesn't even make sense because most of my posts got deleted.

Blog Entries
    Still saying we should go with my idea

And probably unsticky the cosplay thread too, it's been dead for a while now

I agree with all of the above.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

My only question about the Funny Mega Thread is whether the traffic would be overwhelming and/or fragmented based on the current rate of discussion that the current threads have atm.

Please evaluate this particular statement remembering that the particular individual making this claim no longer frequents said chat. The thread was given a recent resurgence in no small part due to the particular individual making a claim that it now should no longer be stickied.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    I agree with all of the above.
    Then do it

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    My only question about the Funny Mega Thread is whether the traffic would be overwhelming and/or fragmented based on the current rate of discussion that the current threads have atm.
    All these questions could be answered through practical experimenting

But then I won't be able to undo it. Let another mod approve and it can happen.

But then I won't be able to undo it. Let another mod approve and it can happen.
    Or we could also just poll this up for members to decide as well.

Not that big of a deal?

Blog Entries
    Pro tip: Whenever given the choice for change or mantaining the status quo gotwoot will surely choose the second

Pro tip: Whenever given the choice for change or mantaining the status quo gotwoot will surely choose the second
    Of course. It's general behaviour for humans - whenever something appears to have a mixed opinion, the course of action would be "no change".

As for "not that big a deal", well that's probably exactly what us mods have decided to think. That, or just going with the whole bystander effect. The person to step up would also be the one responsible for making a (seemingly) irreversible change.

A poll at least opens up the option of sharing the responsibility as well as letting more users decide how they want their forum to appear - instead of the current situation where Ark has an idea but no one wants to do anything about it.

Blog Entries
    Obviously my only remaining option is to create multiple accounts through proxies and samefag all my ideas to no end

You'll all thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Of course. It's general behaviour for humans - whenever something appears to have a mixed opinion, the course of action would be "no change".

As for "not that big a deal", well that's probably exactly what us mods have decided to think. That, or just going with the whole bystander effect. The person to step up would also be the one responsible for making a (seemingly) irreversible change.

A poll at least opens up the option of sharing the responsibility as well as letting more users decide how they want their forum to appear - instead of the current situation where Ark has an idea but no one wants to do anything about it.
    Your loud nonopinion isn't helping. No one else is speaking up so I'll merge it in a few hours after I ask Xan.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Wed, 09-14-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: edited

Blog Entries
    Your loud nonopinion isn't helping. No one else is speaking up, and I think it's a good idea, so I'll merge them.

Your loud nonopinion isn't helping.
    It's justification for my previous post, which was a suggestion for reaching a conclusion to this matter. You are right in saying that I did not have an opinion regarding Ark's suggestion. That's the point, since "No one else is speaking up", which is something we were waiting for. But as you'll "merge it in a few hours after I ask Xan", guess that's case closed.

Can you paraphrase what you just said? Not getting any meaning out of previous post. D: