Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gundam AGE

[sage] Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - 06 [720p][10bit]
    [sage] Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - 06 [480p]

I have to say, I'm liking this series more and more.

When I saw the 'worker suit' It immediately reminded me of another MS.. let me know what you think Just look at the build and details.

We finally get to see the Titus next week.

Strange thought: We're already getting close to halfway of Flit's part of the story... If devided equally, each generation will be 15-16 eps long..

btw: does anyone know the advantages of the 10bit version over the 8bit(normal) version?
    My media player (WDTV Live) can't play it, so I have to watch it on my PC...

Thanks for keeping up with this guys. Ive been slacking a bit, too much other stuff going on irl...

So far, my biggest reasons for watching is Wolf and the captain. Wolf is always entertaining whenever hes on screen, and the captain is so bad ass that he can not only avoid court martial by blackmailing the commander of the station, BUT he can take off his hat and trench coat to reveal......ANOTHER HAT AND TRENCH COAT!

The captain surely is the most interesting character at the moment.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    well finally got to watching episode two. tried to go into it with a lot less of a critical eye...

a few parts of this episode were enjoyable. my favorite moment came when the Feddy Captain was just going to preserve the battleship and escape, abandoning the civilians. it's nice to see that the Feddies still have some ridiculous assholes in their ranks. at least they haven't neutered the political commentary that much... and it was nice to see the old man make a sacrifice, and cool how the "captain" (i guess he's captain now? and I guess he's also an elite hacker or something to alter all the files on the battleship to say that he's the captain =p) kicked some ass and grabbed the wheels of power, but still, this show is laugh out loud kiddy at times.

they have a deus ex machina machina. i really need somebody to explain to me how energy works in this Gundamverse. They're pull the COLONY CORE right out of the colony, but that core can only provide five hours of life support? Has the COLONY been running off of energy that isn't produced by it's CORE? But a twelve year old boy designed a machine that instantly creates fully synchronized, improved weapons for a mobile suit, and it's a box just sitting there?

psychic girl is keeping me interested. Emily's taken a huge stumble in my eyes when she blindly raced after Flit. i'm also starting to get interested in the bearded "captain". bold man, bold whiskers.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

gonna try to catch up in this show a bit.

episode 3, in which the old man does everything. i suppose the final enemy didn't necessarily know Flit was out of ammo... if there's more single character efforts in the ballpark of that guy's in 3, this series might actually be pretty good.

episode 4, in which Yurin (i really do almost laugh out loud every time they say her name) overtakes Emily in the masa main character shipping universe. no girl who tries to sink you like that is going to be the one for you.

in the future they will use cables to transfer data

also the episode 4 for people boasting about their ability, but sucking super hard. Wolf is the reincarnation of that guy I hated to death from Gundam00. He had some nice aim though... Also, I am going to assume that the reason the UE did NOTHING about running right on top of the Gundam and Wolf's Genoace scrimmage is that they honestly did not see them. whatever they have that jams others is jamming them. that or they take the shortest buses ever.

Grudek and his beard may yet save this thing. then again, he did let two of his best units sortie for no good reason at all.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 11-22-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

SAGE Mobile Suit Gundam Age EP 8

So far, still kinda have that "meh" feel with this series.

i actually watched 5 and 6 last night and enjoyed them. now that my expectations for this series have been nuked to zero, i'm again pleased if/when they show a more mature side to the show. i thought they did a great job showing how Flit's kindness, and everybody's totally lax behavior in this show, can come back to bite them in the ass, like when Desel stole the Gundam. ...of course, the fact that he simply GAVE IT BACK sorta ret-cons any point they may have been able to make about "don't be overly trusting / kind"... but this is a show for middle and elementary schoolers...

Grudek is the man. I like how he's willing to bust heads and play outside of the rules... i do wish they'd explain how the hell he gets all his info and manages his uber hacking tricks...

some things in this show are never going to make sense. there's a ton of lampshading going on, and even some of the stuff that could be used to develop an interesting, concrete backstory is just sorta thrown out there as though to cover up some embarrassed writer's laziness (the whole "civil war" in 6 was pretty much them saying "now, imagine that LOGH happened during this part here"). in their defense, since this is supposedly set tons of years after humanity has moved into outer space, they've got a lot of room for fucking around.

it's amazing that i can abide Emily. i guess when you've seen one teary-eyed, war-hating female friend of a Gundam pilot, you've seen them all. i also sorta love the fact that that genius old man who builds fucking awesome weapons for a kid yet to hit puberty, is pretty much always Flit's bitch.

so, yeah, i'm actually sort enjoying this show in parts. it pretty much looks like the death knell for the Gundam franchise as far as originality goes, but it's not bad for a show aimed precisely at this demographic.

episode 8
    Shades of G Gundam. Kneeing the opponent in the groin area is a pretty ugly way to win a fight, but I've gotta admit that I like the melee lasers.

Not as much as I like Wolf Ehniack and the G Ex-S (extra special). I don't think there will ever be anything in a Gundam show that I like more than the words "dual high-powered beam sabers". Also saying that the best special feature of his mobile suit was that it had him as the pilot was hilarious and badass. I'm a maniac for the Ehniack.

we all learned a lesson, and took a step forward... ...except Grudek, who spilled the beans on the fact that the Federation is/has been working to suppress technology while people IN THE FUTURE have been living in WOODEN SHACKS

i actually really enjoyed episode 8. sappy and kiddy still? sure, but it had its moments.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Fri, 12-09-2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: watched episode 8

SAGE Mobile Suit Gundam Age EP 10

Spallow didnt get much screen time unlike Titus. But, they really need to give all the other suits some better weapons if they plan to do anything against the UE.
    Last edited by vejita613; Sun, 12-18-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    SAGE Mobile Suit Gundam Age EP 9
    they really need to give all the other suits some better weapons if they plan to do anything against the UE.
    i still can't believe they had ZERO weapons when they sortied against that UE outside of the factory. also, it was mighty convenient that the Gundam got there like a second after it was asked for. Grudek had a good episode, and the first half of this seems to be building to at least sort of a climax. next is a warm-up battle as an appetizer for the main dish?

SAGE Mobile Suit Gundam Age EP 11

No new episode next week.
    Last edited by vejita613; Sun, 01-01-2012 at 07:29 PM.

SAGE Mobile Suit Gundam Age EP 12

Funny how as soon as he stops eating the chocolate, he becomes a good guy.....

It really was a very nice episode! It felt like a good ol' Gundam for 'grownups'.
    It's true that the Yurin - Lalah role was painfully obvious, but it was done very well. When Flit snapped it became a mature gundam series. The next episode will most likely be very sweet. As (likely) the last episode of the generation it'll go out with a bang.

Sparing Desil will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Necromancer powers, activate!

This show is unbelievably great. I look forward to this show every single Sunday and the pace is really picking up with generation 3 - everything is so much better than both generation 1 and 2.