Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beating Children/Spanking

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    beating hurts, spanking shouldn't

spanking a child should be the same thing as spanking a new born baby.
    its the shock that makes them cry, not the pain. (everything else is beating)

thats one of the reasons why spanking won't work if you keep doing it.
    Spanking? lol.. I don't think I've ever been "spanked" by that definition. "Beat" with a stick? Sure, countless times.

(Disciplining tip: use flexible bamboo/plastic. It bends so you won't break bones, so you can go all out. Make sure the target is wearing clothes as to not cut the skin. It saves you medical bills by preventing infection.)

Ani's got a point regarding the ability to comprehend consequences. Apparently I bit this girl when I was young after watching Lion King. Dad told me off, but I did it again. He bit me hard after the teacher told him what happened, and I never did it again.

Fuck having kids...

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Humanity is driven by two things: Fear and greed.

The law enforcement (not laws themselves, but their enforcement) of every bloody country on Earth (except Somalia that has none) is based on fear of consequences. Still people overly regularly speed or ignore red lights if they think they can get away with it with decent odds. So, if the adult world is based on fear, what could make anybody think the child world shouldn't be?

That's a question of "is" vs. "should be".
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Spanking? lol.. I don't think I've ever been "spanked" by that definition. "Beat" with a stick? Sure, countless times.
    thats a shame then.

even people 2000 years (and more) ago knew that you don't have to use strong force or even tools to chastise someone
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 11-22-2011 at 09:50 AM.

thats a shame then.
    Just to clarify, I was talking about the spanking=hand part. All the hits were in the name of disciplining.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to say your parents (or whoever) are a mad and abusive

I'm just trying to state that I believe, serious hitting with the intend of *hurting* the child so it learns the lesson is over the top

Does anyone here even have children?

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    Quote of the century.

Theoretically, we were all children once.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Theoretically, we were all children once.
    Only in theory.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    I don't. And I probably won't.
    But the experience I get from others isn't enticing enough...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I work in retail. I see hundreds of children every day, most of which are just children and do child-like things. But occasionally there are the children that will run down aisles knocking things off the shelves, scream constantly at the top of their lungs, hit and kick random people/associates, and generally just be an all-around demon-child. It's children like this that have not had any discipline from their parents, rather it be spanking or some other form, and the reason why I feel it is necessary.

When I was young, I did stupid things. I was disciplined for it. I didn't do them again, or if I did, I expected to be punished. I don't think I've turned out any more fucked-up than I would have without being spanked.

But again, as DS originally mentioned, there is a big difference between being spanked and being beaten.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

beating hurts, spanking shouldn't

spanking a child should be the same thing as spanking a new born baby.
    its the shock that makes them cry, not the pain. (everything else is beating)

thats one of the reasons why spanking won't work if you keep doing and rely on it often.

but lets not forget, your moms and dads turned out to be good (at least I hope so)
    and why don't you ask them about their time in school and what teachers did there
    Spankings hurt. They leave your butt cheeks sore and red and it hurts to sit after you've been spanked. It may also be an emotional/psychological pain from being punished by your parents. But it's mostly a physical pain. Once they associate that pain (specifically from spankings) with the acts that result in that pain, they will learn and stop those acts. That's the hope anyway.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

what I'm saying is that its enough to give a cuff if you think you have to use some kind of force to get your point across

if parents spank their children with such great force, so that their butt-cheeks are red and hurt when they try to sit, then that has nothing to do with disciplining anymore.. they just want to blow off some steam.

Corporal punishment is purely immoral. Here's a very simple question: in what situation is it appropriate for you to hit an adult in order to correct their pattern of behavior? None (please do not bring up facile examples like defending yourself from a mugging as behavioral correction). There are consequently no situations where hitting a child to correct their behavior is appropriate. You, as an adult, are perfectly capable of physically controlling a child without resorting to violence.

what I'm saying is that its enough to give a cuff if you think you have to use some kind of force to get your point across

if parents spank their children with such great force, so that their butt-cheeks are red and hurt when they try to sit, then that has nothing to do with disciplining anymore.. they just want to blow off some steam.
    I disagree. It doesn't take that much force to tan the soft backside of a child. And if it doesn't hurt, then they won't learn a lesson from it, then it's pointless.

It's like touching a hot burner on the stove. They'll do it one time and learn never to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Corporal punishment is purely immoral. Here's a very simple question: in what situation is it appropriate for you to hit an adult in order to correct their pattern of behavior? None (please do not bring up facile examples like defending yourself from a mugging as behavioral correction). There are consequently no situations where hitting a child to correct their behavior is appropriate. You, as an adult, are perfectly capable of physically controlling a child without resorting to violence.
    Apples and oranges. If children had the cognitive capability than adults have, then the only differences between the two groups would be physical and experience. Then you take a midget who has lived a sheltered life and he'd be no different from a child. An adult might not learn from a spanking, but a child will.
    Last edited by Kraco; Tue, 11-22-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Double posting.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

And if it doesn't hurt, then they won't learn a lesson from it, then it's pointless.
    and that is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Apples and oranges. If children had the cognitive capability than adults have, then the only differences between the two groups would be physical and experience. Then you take a midget who has lived a sheltered life and he'd be no different from a child. An adult might not learn from a spanking, but a child will.
    Children do not have the same cognitive abilities as adults. Thus, a child will take a beating less appropriately than an adult would - after all, an adult will listen to "reason" about how the abuse was justified. Children of course take entirely the wrong lessons from virtually everything, and it's not as though hitting a child to correct their behavior is actually rationally justified.

A simple example, again:

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    It's like touching a hot burner on the stove. They'll do it one time and learn never to do it again.
    Yes, exactly. Once you beat your child and then demonstrate a causal relationship between the beating and the negative behavior the child exhibited, the behavior is instantly corrected. My goodness you are a fucking idiot.

and that is wrong.
    Pain is the human experience that teaches us not to do something. If you skated without protective equipment on and broke your arm, but it didn't hurt to break your arm, what would prevent you from doing the same dumb thing? Spanking a child is application of a basic truth about human physiology and behavioral learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Children do not have the same cognitive abilities as adults. Thus, a child will take a beating less appropriately than an adult would - after all, an adult will listen to "reason" about how the abuse was justified. Children of course take entirely the wrong lessons from virtually everything, and it's not as though hitting a child to correct their behavior is actually rationally justified.

A simple example, again:

Yes, exactly. Once you beat your child and then demonstrate a causal relationship between the beating and the negative behavior the child exhibited, the behavior is instantly corrected. My goodness you are a fucking idiot.
    Not sure what kinds of adults you deal with or if you're spewing from some college textbook (probably citing wikipedia) but adults don't listen to reason, especially when confronted with violence. They may adjust their view temporarily to avoid physical pain. Children aren't quite as capable at learning to exploit this relationship, so bad act = pain works with them where reasoning does not.

We should be glad you're into same sex so you don't procreate and we have another shitty undisciplined brat yelling in the movie theatre or running amok at the grocery store. Though you could always adopt I guess.
    Last edited by Kraco; Tue, 11-22-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Double posting.

doesn't change the fact that they don't have to suffer pain from spanking to learn a lesson, lol

and since when does pain prevent children from doing the same thing some time later again?