Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless network issue please help?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaRuTo001 View Post
    ok its morning now still haven't fixed it and I can't and don't think that I even had local ethernet connection to the internet last night so I may have been doing everything wirelessly this is what I am getting with my local connection cannot even connect
    Attachment 1112
    ok that and I got up to the cmd test bit last night I recieved the 0% thing this time so I thought why is it not connecting when i the test results are showing that the two routers were communicating so I don't know what to do you see I keep getting stuck at ground zero having to go back to master router secure it then start all again.*sigh*networking seems hard for me*sigh*
    Attachment 1113
    I needed to see the page after you click "details" in the first screen.. but ...

Host unreachable.. hmm... I don't think I can troubleshoot this from across the Tasman Sea. Might have to find a friend or a friend of a friend or something to give it a look. Alternatively, you can also just trial-and-error your way through.

Feel free to feed info here though, if you haven't given up yet. I'm still hanging around.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

whoah sorry I didn't realize that there was page 2 and that you had replied to my last post I thought you had just given up.yea IDK really what I can do at this stage maybe I was wrong on this whole internet in sleepout idea and just have to forget about it.haha from now on I guess it's laptop and xbox+ipod touch main house use only.

EDIT: do you still need to see that details page or is it pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by NaRuTo001 View Post
    whoah sorry I didn't realize that there was page 2 and that you had replied to my last post I thought you had just given up.yea IDK really what I can do at this stage maybe I was wrong on this whole internet in sleepout idea and just have to forget about it.haha from now on I guess it's laptop and xbox+ipod touch main house use only.

EDIT: do you still need to see that details page or is it pointless?
    I'll see it if you still feel like troubleshooting.

kinda found a way around it I put the mac address of new router into the main router/modem and then I did the other way round as well seems to work secured the internet so it seems like it's alright get full bars in sleepout connected xbox can go on that awesome um the only downside is that the connection is fine but like you said the internet seems kind of slow but hey I can't complain at least I have internet in my sleepout

kinda found a way around it I put the mac address of new router into the main router/modem and then I did the other way round as well seems to work secured the internet
    Wait.. you didn't give the routers each other their mac addresses the first time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff
    ...The following changes should be made to your Master Router....

...Set the router to "Access Point and Wireless Repeater Function"
    -Manually add the details of your repeater in the table. Read the MAC Address off the bottom of your repeater router. If asked for the IP address of the repeater, enter 192.168.1.99

..The following changes should be made to your New/Repeater Router....

..Continuing on with the settings, go into the Wireless Distribution part of the new router now and select "Repeater Only", enter the MAC address of the Master Router etc etc...
    Ah well, glad it worked out for you in the end.

No I did do the thing with the mac addresses the first time but I didn't know how to secure it but this time I looked up the master routers security settings and matched them with that so all I had to do was those to things.

It's weird now I don't have local internet connection via ethernet from the wireless router or from the master router
    and I just tried connecting in my sleepout now and I can't connect only getting limited access or no internet access tried diagnostics reseting wireless adapter nothing it's odd that it was working around lunchtime but now it isn't btw connected to the main router at the moment still in sleepout

It might be a DHCP pass-through problem. Sometimes the request times out or simply doesn't get through all the hops from your Master to your laptop.

The workaround is to set up a static IP. Use something the DHCP server is unlikely to assign, so perhaps something as high as 192.168.1.20 would be sufficient.