Thread: Music: How much do you have?

Music: How much do you have?

Hiya, muziq luvaz! If you like music as much as I do, you're always on the lookout for more good music and always seek every genre possible. So I am curious to know, how much music do you have?

I'm thinking used space and song/artists/genre count for a clear picture. And what genre is most dominant? Post it here for brags and boasts and compare!

- # of bytes used
    - # of songs
    - # of artists
    - # of genres
    - Your dominant genre(s)

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I have probably an average amount.

91.2 Gigabytes
    15,000 songs (roughly)
    250 artists (roughly)
    10 genres (roughly)

Dominant genre would be modern/alt/hard/classic rock, with a healthy side-helping of electronic/trance.

None, since my external HDD crash.

~80 gb
    ~12000 files

Not sure how to properly check the number of artists/genres, but out of the total 80gb, about 60gb is Metal/Rock.

The rest is pretty much a "misc" category with everything from Psy-Trance to Frank Sinatra :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

35GB
    10055 songs
    I dunno how many artist..too many
    Pretty much every genre, though it's dominantly RnB/Urban/Jazz/OST.
    -----------------

about 200gb
    mostly metal, old rock, and ost's.
    too lazy to add it all into foobar2k to see the rest of the stats.
    oh and + 13 audio cd's, excluding OSTs
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Something like 5Gb... 20-25 years of personal CDs and some from my wife. Got 95CD for 20€ in June, did not have the courage to encode them yet although there are really good tunes (Texas, Cranberries, etc...). After that I might have 5Gb more.
    I'm mostly into Pop, mostly girls singing. I do have some electronic music (Vangelis for example), some classical and french pop.

Thing is, I do not listen to music that much and I do not care enough to download some.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

@rockmanj: Dude, that sucks big hairy Italian balls. I'd cry my ass off if that were to happen with me. How much do you think you had?

@Xelbair: It seems I'm closer to your amount. In what format do you store your tunes?

Some interesting genres here. I'll have to check out the lot, no doubt. As for my collection:

- 209 GB
    - 35,213 songs
    - 2,388 artists
    - 339 genres
    - Hip Hop/Rap (864.5h), Soul/R&B (177.1h), Rock (131.3h), Pop (110h), Electronica (92.2h)

Honorable mentions go to; OST (53.9h), J-Pop (37.5h), Alternative (30.5h), House (25.1h), Dance (23h) & Jazz (18.3h) with Other (130h) & Unknown (219h) left for mp3 tagging. My favorite genre is Trip-Hop, it's the one genre I can always listen to and not get bored of.

This is information used from explorer and WMP 12 (size and numbers are estimates). All songs are in either mp3 or wma format, mostly at 192kbps.

Btw, I always kept thinking that SSD's are ideal for keeping valuable data like this safe. You'd have no problems like wear and tear or mechanisms breaking. Like dropping your drive would be a less frightening occurrence. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Some of those numbers don't really match up their guys. Either the files are ridiculously large or pretty small or are you counting Music videos as well?

According to Itunes have a little over 42,000 songs some are duplicated or different albums with the same song.
    On external HDDs have about 20,000 more.

Mostly rock, soft rock, rap, hip hop, R&B, pop, World, Alternative and a lot more.

I seriously need to organize everything though.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

mp3 320kbps and FLAC, some of my audio cd rips take 1gb(about 2-3 of them), but i'm too lazy to redo them.(lowest compression + FLAC + extra rear channel for 5.1 system)
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Yeah most of the stuff i have are probably 320kbps mp3s with some lower-quality ones that has just piled up over the years, and a bunch of FLAC's for the groups/songs/albums i like the most.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."