Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Kirito's being weird. I don't think that counts as PTSD.. just being weird.
    Yeah, it counts as an acute syndrome of lacking guts. It's as if the author realised that Kirito looked too much like a well-rewarded hero (he got the princess and the seed of the kingdom, after all), not like a victim of the SAO incident. So, he suddenly became a total victim in this episode with all manner of symptoms we have never seen before.

This is the first time he's actually had to confront what he did.
    After SAO, he was too concerned with getting Asuna back to worry about anything else. After that, he was just being happy and not remembering the horrible things he went through.

I love the "The two... no.. three people that I killed" line. Like the crazy guy that tried to kill him doesn't count.

I thought the one he forgot was Kayaba. He remembered the other three (two nameless laughing coffin members and the traitor guy).

Kirito has actually killed four people.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 08-10-2014 at 04:55 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    He said that he didn't even know the real names of 3 people he killed. He knew Kayaba Akihito's.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It's kind of funny Sinon's super exaggerated trauma looks far more plausible than Kirito's sudden outburst. Kirito knows perfectly he possibly saved thousands of people, not to mention Asuna and other friends, by defeating a few crazy and dangerous killers who had it coming, and he never experienced any particular negative backlash. Instead, he got rewarded. It's the opposite of the look of horror on her mother's face that Sinon was "rewarded" with after her self-defense action. Asuna should be concerned about her hubby's mental weakness.

Harem +1

lol, you could feel it when Kirito was holding Shinon with one arm.

And Kirito´s monologue may be the most clichee-filled, hollywood-esque amount of babble I´ve listened to in a long time. The way his facial expressions kept changing ... it was like watching some beginner actor trying to summon a certain emotion. Cringe-worthy to the max.

But it was nice to see some SAO-flashback. Was that part even in the first season? I cannot remember Kirito and his friends fighting this group of red players. Can´t wait for August 20th, when Hollow Fragment is released for PlayStation Vita.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

No, this flashback was not in the first season.
    I'm also looking forward to Hollow Fragment. Recently bought a Vita for it (and some other Vita games I want to play, like P4G, Danganronpa, and others).

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Are games like these actually fully localized or do you have at least the choice between original voices with subtitles or dubs
    I was thinking about getting a PS Vita too. Not for this game, but for other "JRPGs"

It depends on the game. Some have audio options, some don't. Some don't even have English audio tracks.

I know its offtopic, but not worth a new topic imho:
    Just read some stuff about Hollow Fragment... it recieved a free DLC with Gun Gale Online content worth 30+ hours of gameplay ? Will that be included in the UK/Europe version?

I don't think so. But probably if it sells well they will bring the patch over.

So does this game have shotguns? Seems like one of those would just lay waste to Kirito's particular fighting style.

Probably?
    We only saw him fight guys with ARs or SMGs.

Arguably, a shotgun is a very poor choice for a 1v1 duel in a FPS where you start far apart often in open areas, so I doubt anyone was using one.

Traditional video game shotguns perhaps.

But if this game is meant to achieve some aspect of realism...as we're led to believe, they could use slugs or even buckshot and it would work fine. Real shotguns don't fire at 45° angle or dissipate their kinetic energy within 15 meters.

Kirito would theoretically be able to deflect/evaporate the slug as he has been the bullets, but the buckshot might prove more challenging.

He was doing a fine job at keeping bullets from doing anything but graze him, so he'd probably have no problem.

The things Sinon was doing this episode was far more egregious than anything Kirito did with his harem protagonist powah.

edit:
    added a video showing their effectiveness. Would have liked to have found a shorter one, but it gets the idea across.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 08-11-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Shotguns are deadly and can be fairly accurate, and would be a great choice in 1v1 duel.
    Variety of ammo - from buckshot to slugs, hard to dodge etc.

i assume that they aren't using it in game due to agi-only metagame - shotguns probably require strength investment - well the kick from firing it is damn heavy from what my friend told me, as i have only used pistols IRL.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

They had shotguns in the shop where Kirito bought his Double Action, 7 to 8 Rounds/Magazine energy sword which is capable of shooting 9x19mm, .38 Super, .45 ACP and 7.65x21mm ammunition ....

RPGs are available too
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 08-11-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Somebody with an assault rifle will have shot a shotgunner long before they are close enough for the shotgun dude to do anything. Unless the map is nothing but rooms and corridors. However, since they don't know beforehand the turf, it's a safer bet to take a rifle. Sinon is even betting on a sniper rifle and a simple pistol for a side arm. But then again, she was looking at a target 10 meters away through the sniper rifle scope, so I guess in this game nothing matters.

I think Sinon's sniper rifle has adjustable scope, so if she takes off basically all of the magnification then she can aim that close.

Regarding shotguns, yes, real shotguns would probably actually be pretty useful. However, in virtually every video game shotguns are basically melee weapons, so I would expect it to be similar here.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMoogles View Post
    I think Sinon's sniper rifle has adjustable scope, so if she takes off basically all of the magnification then she can aim that close.
    Haha, yeah. Since this is a shooter game, I bet her scope goes from a wide-angle to an amazing zoom with absolutely no aberrations or distortions of any kind, yet naturally provides a huge aperture to use in dim lighting. Everything in a convenient packet just for Sinon!

Who the fuck even uses the scope when you are so close to the target that he can SEE YOUR EYE MOVEMENTS from behind the scope. >_>

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."