Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1451

Thread: Sword Art Online

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    This has nothing to do with it being a video game, it's just as odd whenever my body gets flung several meters into the air after being killed by something like that in BF4, its not supposed to happen, yet it happens - it's funny and it was pretty obvious that it was used as a comedic device

It's also odd that when I play Mario kart that I can play as yoshi. Dinosaurs shouldn't be able to drive little cars. Clearly Mario kart is just trying to be a realistic racing game based on nothing and is failing miserably at it.

Dude, I totally saw a raptor at the go-cart track once.

So many dead kids...

You guys are missing my point, but thats cool

HorribleSub - Sword Art Online II - 10

The forced melodrama was so laughably bad. We couldn't have Kirito using Sinon as bait as would have been obvious, no, he had to singlehandedly defeat an enemy and then notice that she was in trouble so he could save her, and then know that Death Gun would be using the horse to force a situation where Sinon, paralyzed with flashbacks from DG's chosen weapon, could no longer pull the trigger.

So we've got Kirito using the difficult to drive buggies twice, and Death Gun using the even harder to ride robot horse (that somehow has better endurance and speed than the trike-buggy and can go offroad better)...which Kirito predicted he would, but Sinon's trauma ruined the chances of a clean escape....which was okay because Kirito can drive a difficult to control vehicle without looking.

But they succeeded anyway and lay out each other's backstories. Then Sinon all but proposes to him. I got to give her credit, sure, Kirito has killed more people, but they exploded into a puff of polygons. Sinon saw blood. Big difference.

I did notice that Kirito has almost a full charge on the laser sword but has been using it at the coolest temp. I guess the sword can get hot as hell but drains way more power?

I think the temp was low because it was turned off at that moment.

Yeah I have to admit that was probably the worst episode of the season. Very forced. Also, I thought one of the guys disconnected after DG shot him? Either way, not letting you log out during a tournament is pretty unbelievable.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    Yeah I have to admit that was probably the worst episode of the season. Very forced. Also, I thought one of the guys disconnected after DG shot him? Either way, not letting you log out during a tournament is pretty unbelievable.
    The disconection was a result of the player really dying, if you're thinking about Pale Rider....

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

The no log out during tournament, that was quite offhandedly thrown there, was the worst part of the lousy episode. I'm sure SAO survivors especially appreaciate it when they find out the button has been disabled. For no reason whatsoever. Surely logging out would simply equal to dying in a last man standing contest such as this.

Looking at Kirito and Sinon both compete at who's more sorry for themselves I can't help but feel Death Gun is easily the best character in this story (after the robot cowboy). I pray he won't have a sob story behind him.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    then know that Death Gun would be using the horse
    That's easy though. The horse was the only thing that could catch up to them. The other options include DG riding a buggy and never catching up, or not riding at all and never catching up. If you assumed correctly it would have saved you, and if you didn't then you don't lose anything.

Buggys are "difficult" in that not everyone can use them. However, there's nothing to say that once you reach a certain skill threshold that it still requires concentration. It al comes down to whether it's really a mental skill, or a ride +99pts ability.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Shitty episode. That's enough contribution.

Either way, not letting you log out during a tournament is pretty unbelievable.
    It's a completely retarded plot contrivance. What if your house caught fire or something? You'd just have to burn to death?

Who even gives a shit if someone logs out? That just means they forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    That's easy though. The horse was the only thing that could catch up to them. The other options include DG riding a buggy and never catching up, or not riding at all and never catching up. If you assumed correctly it would have saved you, and if you didn't then you don't lose anything.
    It's also retarded that the horse is faster than a wheeled vehicle.

She said the horse was for off-road, so if it was faster than the buggy off-road, then fine. But he was driving down a street.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    It's a completely retarded plot contrivance. What if your house caught fire or something? You'd just have to burn to death?

Who even gives a shit if someone logs out? That just means they forfeit.

It's also retarded that the horse is faster than a wheeled vehicle.

She said the horse was for off-road, so if it was faster than the buggy off-road, then fine. But he was driving down a street.
    She said "you can go offroad, but it's too hard to use".

It's as retarded as all melee weapons being 1-hit-kill in some video games, or that revolvers are so much more powerful than some automatic pistols.

Where's the sense in that?

The sense is in rewarding players who master difficult things in a game. Who would ride a horse when a buggy is faster and easier to use? That would be like... retarded!

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    The sense is in rewarding players who master difficult things in a game. Who would ride a horse when a buggy is faster and easier to use? That would be like... retarded!
    A person who would truly go off-road, which would mean terrain rougher than deserts, smooth plains or grasslands. A walking vehicle is always highly more forgiving with terrain than any wheeled vehicle. The only error in this episode was the horse being faster than a wheeled vehicle, but I suppose that could be explained if the buggy was cheap (a lousy, underpowered engine?) and the horse highly expensive and powerful. It would be quite a jarring ride in RL, no doubt, but since this is a game, it can actually be as smooth as the programmers wanted.

Not only that, but it seems that all dead players have to watch everything in observer/spectator until the tournament is over
    Otherwise I don't get the "As soon as it is just us and another one we can kill ourselves to end the tournament"
    I expected Kirito to say something like: "Well then, please go kill yourself, I don't want to worry about you when I fight"

And lets not forget that during the Qualifying Sinon was able to forfeit
    Everything is way to convenient

I still wonder what Kirito is trying to do in this game...
    He had the option to talk to Death Gun already but it seems like he didn't really care about that... what is he going to achieve by defeating him? I don't get it.
    Death Gun will lose BoB, ragequit and log in one day later to kill more people and there is nothing Kirito can do about it
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 09-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.

I still like this season better than the 2nd one.

At least this arc is tied up more in what the original season was about. i.e. it's about a VRMMO where people can die in real life.

I still like this season better than the 2nd one.

At least this arc is tied up more in what the original season was about. i.e. it's about a VRMMO where people can die in real life.
    Nah I don't think there's been a single scene so far this season where I've been like "Damn, that was an amazing episode", which happened several times in both of the previous seasons.

Although it's more tied into the idea of people dying in real life, the premise of this whole situation is much more retarded than in the first season. Group of people all trapped in a virtual world where they have to live new lives is much better than some uber hacker slaying unlikeable characters in a game that doesn't really make much sense (referring back to the inability to log-out during the tournament) and where users aren't really stuck.

the premise of this whole situation is much more retarded than in the first season.
    Yes, but I think it's less retarded than the premise of the second season.

Yes, but I think it's less retarded than the premise of the second season.
    Arguable. Regardless of the premise, scenes in the past season like Kirito going rage-mode and turning into that Berserker with illusion magic and raping his pursuers, or stealing his sisters sword to dual-wield against the fire lord in the sky, or blasting off into the sky when Yui notifies him she senses Asuna is up above are scenes you could go back to and rewatch. We're 10 episodes in and there isn't a single scene I would rewatch in this season.

Regardless of the premise
    Considering I specifically said "premise" if you disregard the premise, then you're having a completely different discussion than I was.