Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shinta|hikari View Post
    It was said.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMoogles View Post
    Darth, Sinon explicitly says she must have been seen and that's how Death Gun dodged the shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DE
    Fair enough. Though there's nothing saying she was right.
    It doesn't prove that she's right. What it does prove is that aim-lines are invisible to all but the one being aimed at. This was actually already established during the cowboy arcade game where the 1st dude made a weird pose and Kirito didn't see the assist lines.

Given the information we've got so far, I don't think Death Gun is the same LC Head everyone thinks he is. He is either some remnant floating around in cyberspace, or the guy after suffering from severe brain damage by being killed in SAO. He then went overseas and started up this shady company so he could exact "revenge" and continue his killing spree.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Continuing to shoot after being spotted is just a waste of bullets for a sniper in this game.
    I still don't think Kirito running down there makes any sense. How long do you think it would take him to get there? They were pretty far away. Maybe he could run there in like 2-3 minutes? Immediately taking off would be a super unnatural reaction to this situation.
    He's fast enough to move his body and arms to deflect all the incoming bullets from a weapon that shoots some 700 shots per minute, which means he can reposition his light saber 12 times a second, precisely. That takes some godly speed, assist lines or not. So, with such speed available, I don't think Death Gun would have had much time. Enough time to shoot Pale Dude, sure, but only if he wanted to drop all the theatrics afterwards. If you are correct and DG aims to publicly execute people, then he absolutely needs those dramatic moments. If Sinon had kept shooting, forcing DG to keep dodging, making it impossible to shoot somebody so calmly and cold-bloodedly, and Kirito had been speeding down the hill, he might have wanted to wait for a better opportunity to get his message through.

Now Kirito gave the terrorist all the time he needed not only to slay Pale Dude in peace but also to deliver the performance and then disappear. In fact dodging the single sniper shot kind of made him look ever tougher and more skillful, and thus frightening to those who are starting to fear he's really killing people.

One could enter the tournament with any nick they wanted, so the government would have absolutely needed the company's help to pinpoint any player getting shot and link it to the real account name. The company wouldn't have complied easily, with accusations being so absurd at a first glance. So absurd that the government dude needed to hire a school boy like Kirito to do the actual detective work, as nobody else would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    One could enter the tournament with any nick they wanted, so the government would have absolutely needed the company's help to pinpoint any player getting shot and link it to the real account name. The company wouldn't have complied easily, with accusations being so absurd at a first glance. So absurd that the government dude needed to hire a school boy like Kirito to do the actual detective work, as nobody else would.
    Well, it probably doesn't help matters that the Japanese government dude probably doesn't have any jurisdiction over the American game developers of GGO.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    If Kirito was serious about catching Death Gun, there's a ton of stuff he would have done. Like, I dunno, learned how the game he was going to play worked before going into it and entering it's best-of-the-best tournament.
    I actually wrote a paragraph about that as well but erased it since it felt kinda obvious how he didn't act like a veteran gamer (reading up on the game).

Well, it probably doesn't help matters that the Japanese government dude probably doesn't have any jurisdiction over the American game developers of GGO.
    True but if they wanted to find out who Death Gun is all they needed is that footage so everything Kirito is doing is pretty much useless other than trying to save lives. Also at this point since they know Death Gun is a player from Laughing Coffin they should use their logs from SAO to track him down or make use of the players that survived for intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Given the information we've got so far, I don't think Death Gun is the same LC Head everyone thinks he is.
    I thought Klein said it wasn't him, just that "It's showtime" was a phrase he used a lot so Death Gun was high up in the chain of command in Laughing Coffin.

Continuing to shoot after being spotted is just a waste of bullets for a sniper in this game.
    I still don't think Kirito running down there makes any sense. How long do you think it would take him to get there? They were pretty far away. Maybe he could run there in like 2-3 minutes? Immediately taking off would be a super unnatural reaction to this situation.
    No if Kirito ran straight away she would have provided backup fire without a question or anything. It doesn't matter if it's a waste of bullets because she would have done it just because she noticed how desperate Kirito was.

We're talking about the dude with uber stats that could run through a whole dungeon at high enough speed that the creeps barely reacted and made it to a meeting that Leafa deemed impossible to arrive in time. We're talking about a game built on SAO, the game where Asuna ran all the way from town to where Kirito was before the paralysis ran out which has got to be further than this sniping distance. Are you really going to say it's impossible for him to make it? And exactly how is it unnatural for Kirito whom has been in life and death situation for over 2 years to not react with a backup plan to save someone? He said it himself in ALO that he won't let his party members die again, so why shouldn't he do everything possible to save someones life?

I don't know that catching Death Gun would really be so easy.
    See answer to Darth, besides you tell us then how Kirito would ever find out Death Gun real life name and what use he is if he can't find that out? Again whether Kirito was in this tournament or not they would have gotten pretty much the same information about who he really is, the only thing he can do is to save people from dying which he's already failed.
    Last edited by fireheart; Tue, 09-02-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Spelling etc
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireheart
    I thought Klein said it wasn't him, just that "It's showtime" was a phrase he used a lot so Death Gun was high up in the chain of command in Laughing Coffin.
    Hmm, I interpreted that as Klein saying the personality wasn't the same, but the catchphrase was used. Given that DG talked so robotically the entire time, I chalked up the "personality change" to brain damage or a lingering 'ghost' as opposed to a different person copying it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Hmm, I interpreted that as Klein saying the personality wasn't the same, but the catchphrase was used. Given that DG talked so robotically the entire time, I chalked up the "personality change" to brain damage or a lingering 'ghost' as opposed to a different person copying it.
    Yeah I suppose it could be this, just figured it was someone else since he started talking about other members of Laughing Coffin.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Best part of this episode? Sinon shooting a dude and it kinda warped him around. That's a .50 BMG for you.

Worst part of this episode?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Can´t believe they´re forcing a coincidence like the death gun being the same gun that was part of Sinon´s trauma. SO forced.
    I thought the absolutely worst of that scene was Sinon's reaction. "What are you doing here now? ( ゚д゚) (o﹏0)" As if it was the gun that she killed a guy with. Manufacturers make each and every gun unique, there's really only one of those out there...
    How could there possibly be more than one?!

That's not what Sinon says?
    Going back and looking, she says something like "A Black Star 54... What? That gun... What is that gun doing here now?"
    The odds that DG would be killing people with the same model from her trauma are ridiculously low. Probably nobody even uses that gun in the game because there is just better stuff.

I feel really bad for random eyepatch dude that ambushes Kirito and Sinon. He empties a whole clip, and is like "WTF!?", reloads, empties another clip, then gets just totally owned.
    Sinon's rifle is really ridiculous.

I think it's weird that a game with force fields and laser guns and monsters even bothers to have real world weapon models in the game in the first place.

I think it's weird that a game with force fields and laser guns and monsters even bothers to have real world weapon models in the game in the first place.
    Does it even belong there? It might be something Death Gun just modded in while he was creating the whole RL deadly pistol. Besides, the game obviously sports lots of guns with regular calibers (because those are within the limits people can handle), so it's not like this particular pistol would be strange in that sense.

Besides, the game obviously sports lots of guns with regular calibers (because those are within the limits people can handle), so it's not like this particular pistol would be strange in that sense.
    Sure, but it's obviously a very specific brand and type of gun that really exists in SOA's real world.

I would think that with GGO being as fictionalized as it is, that all of it's guns would be similarly fake. Kind of like how all the cars in GTA games are obvious references to real vehicles, but they are all renamed and slightly altered so as not to violate trademarks.

I would think that with GGO being as fictionalized as it is, that all of it's guns would be similarly fake. Kind of like how all the cars in GTA games are obvious references to real vehicles, but they are all renamed and slightly altered so as not to violate trademarks.
    There are millions of gun otaku, or lesser aficionados, all around the world, so preferably game studios would actually want to use models and names of real guns. In the past they more readily did. They even sometimes paid the arms manufacturers some nominal compensation for the trademarks. I recall EA made a while ago a decision to drop the payments but to continue using the models. The gun makers haven't always been happy with their products appearing in games because of the negative image shooters have accumulated due to populistic politicians and non-governmental organizations demonising games to further their own agendas. However, I imagine things are a bit different in Japan due to their draconian copyright laws. GGO is supposed to be American, though, so in that sense real gun models in the game wouldn't be out of the question.

In short, lots of people like to see real brands and models in games. I'm not much of a gamer or gun fanatic, but even I like to see guns I recognize, instead of totally fictional ones. Non-MMO PC MP games invariably get real guns introduced as mods, which tells something about their popularity.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

I feel really bad for random eyepatch dude that ambushes Kirito and Sinon. He empties a whole clip, and is like "WTF!?", reloads, empties another clip, then gets just totally owned.
    Sinon's rifle is really ridiculous.

that scene was so unbelievable funny, just imagine you are that guy - whenever I empty a whole magazine into someone in BF4 without getting any hitmarkers, I will remember this
    "Us-oooooo"

as if that wasn't enough, he got hit in the chest behind head-level cover and his body flew 10 meters after being hit by a rifle

only in battelefie.... GGO
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 09-03-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    as if that wasn't enough, he got hit in the chest behind head-level cover and his body flew 10 meters after being hit by a rifle

only in battelefie.... GGO
    ...maybe you should see what a .50 BMG (aka 12.7x99mm NATO) rifle like Sinon's can do to something like a deer or a goat or a large can of paint. Hydrostatic shock is a hell of a thing. Sure, that scene is exaggerated, but it's not that bad.

In short, lots of people like to see real brands and models in games. I'm not much of a gamer or gun fanatic, but even I like to see guns I recognize, instead of totally fictional ones.
    I like to see real guns too...in games that take place in the real world.

If you aren't in the real world, there's really no point in it. And at this point, any given Borderlands weapon manufacturer gets more brand loyalty from me than any real world one.

I like to see real guns too...in games that take place in the real world.

If you aren't in the real world, there's really no point in it. And at this point, any given Borderlands weapon manufacturer gets more brand loyalty from me than any real world one.
    How much in the future is GGO supposed to be? AK-47 is an ancient weapon already but you can hardly watch news from great many conflict zones without seeing them in copious numbers. M16 is no different. Even forgetting that, gun designs are hardly random. I reckon most guns that stood the test of time were designed by professionals. It could be slightly challenging for game developers to compete with that and come up with many novel models that look as convincing. Pew pew laser guns are a different thing since they don't exist in reality and nobody thus expects them to look one way or another, other than to look futurisic.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Sure, that scene is exaggerated, but it's not that bad.
    yes, it was *that* bad.., you are not sent flying, you will most likely not even fall backwards if you get
    I get that it will ruin your day and might tear of a limb... it might end in a nasty splatter, but that is totally different to a body flying around like that, its always weird to look at
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 09-04-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    you are not sent flying, you will most likely not even fall backwards if you get
    I think you will fall backward rather than forward. 0.50 packs quite a punch. I have only fired 0.50 as heavy machine gun rounds, and the thing's tripod was anchored to the ground with a few sandbags to fight the recoil. But yeah, it won't make you fly. Otherwise the shooter would fly as well, because naturally the force is the same in both directions.

I think the Rule of Cool applies here.

Again half of you still fail to understand this is a VIDEO GAME INSIDE AN ANIME. Proportional physics don't apply here. You don't sit an argue how much a plasma gun in Halo 3 should send someone flying if plasma guns existed based on neutron density and Higgs-Boson ratios.