Thread: Delete the Shingeki no Kyojin thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I do occasionally make predictions despite having read the manga. They are what I remember thinking or hoping back when I was reading that point of the story. And usually more or less wrong... I omit any such "predictions" if they are correct unless they are so obvious that only a monkey wouldn't see them coming.
    See, this is actually posting spoilers, because since you omit things that actually happen you are revealing what doesn't in your "predictions". This is terrible, equally as terrible as people who post "After this chapter I'm pretty sure that <"speculation" that is very obviously just a bunch of manga spoilers you couldn't possibly predict>".

I guess as long as people don't know that's your posting gimmick they can't discern a pattern but really? Inventing fake "theories" and pretending like you don't know what's going to happen is absurd. What kind of enjoyment do you get out of posting that.

If I had posted fake "theories" about what was going to happen in GoT based on what I was thinking reading the books at the time my posts would be, rightfully, deleted in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    I guess as long as people don't know that's your posting gimmick they can't discern a pattern but really? Inventing fake "theories" and pretending like you don't know what's going to happen is absurd. What kind of enjoyment do you get out of posting that.
    What kind enjoyment do I get from posting anything at all here? It's just discussion, where you post something and hope people will react positively. You do have a point in the sense that I don't post "theories/predictions" about any really significant things that could kill the joy for someone else. It's naturally a pity to withhold like that, understandably. But with as few posters as we have in General Anime, it seems to me that if manga/novel/VN readers stopped posting entirely, we might as well abandon the forum.

Not to mention there's still a load of things you can post about the current episode/ongoing plot revealed so far/introduced characters, etc, so being a manga reader isn't any death sentence. You are overdramatising it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    What kind enjoyment do I get from posting anything at all here? It's just discussion, where you post something and hope people will react positively. You do have a point in the sense that I don't post "theories/predictions" about any really significant things that could kill the joy for someone else. It's naturally a pity to withhold like that, understandably. But with as few posters as we have in General Anime, it seems to me that if manga/novel/VN readers stopped posting entirely, we might as well abandon the forum.

Not to mention there's still a load of things you can post about the current episode/ongoing plot revealed so far/introduced characters, etc, so being a manga reader isn't any death sentence. You are overdramatising it.
    And there's always the manga forum where you can discuss all this crap without reservation...

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    And there's always the manga forum where you can discuss all this crap without reservation...

Off-topic.
    -----------------