Thread: One Piece Episode 607

One Piece Episode 607

CCS-Speed 720p

Edit: I actually enjoyed this episode as something actually happened this time instead of the usual stuff.
    Last edited by LaZie; Sun, 08-11-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Luffy's punches seemed really light this time. Surely a scientist like Caesar shouldn't be the most heavyweight fighter around. It makes sense he knows his own abilities through and through, but why can he take punches without flinching like some old pirate or marine? Especially punches boosted by haki.

I was severely underestimating Monet if she thinks she can stand against Luffy. Although perhaps it's precisely because Luffy couldn't beat Caesar in a timely manner that Monet realised Luffy isn't that tough and decided to intervene.

In any case, based on this, Luffy isn't ready for the New World.

This episode basically turned the entire previous episode into a big cocktease as the fights that episode set up have now been abandoned.

WHAT IS SAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Luffy's punches seemed really light this time. Surely a scientist like Caesar shouldn't be the most heavyweight fighter around.
    It actually makes a lot of sense to me that Luffy is having trouble.

I remember Rob Lucci's description of how Luffy's 2nd Gear works. It uses his rubber body as a pump to force blood through his body much faster than normal, basically functioning like a steroid and increasing oxygen flow to his body.

So it makes sense that it's not working very well(it's wearing off extremely fast, even when he does the full-on leg compression power-up), because he's having trouble getting oxygen in the first place.

And 3rd Gear also relies on him taking in a huge breath of air to inflate his bones.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 08-12-2013 at 04:17 AM.

I wonder what the holdup is on HorribleSubs. I know 608 came out this week.