Thread: One Piece Episode 612

One Piece Episode 612

Episode 612 - NWTChuu

- - - - - - - - -

It seems like things finally start to move forward, even if a bit sluggishly. But at least most of the time the focus was on few people, instead of all over the place. Although convergence did play a small part in that, but that might revert in the coming eps since the folks are again as divided as ever, with the shackles team also breaking up.

I'm immensely happy because Zoro was stuck with Tashigi. That ought to provide some entertainment and snarky comments. The same as Monet, I was wondering why Zoro doesn't attack at all. I can't recall it, but is he supposed to have some principle of not fighting women? He even started his swordsman career by continuously trying to best Kuina. However, if his slowness in defeating Monet provides us scenes of Zoro commenting on Tashigi's fight against the harpy, then I'm more than happy he didn't finish the fight already. Tashigi can't accept a pirate being an excellent swordsman and carrying famous blades, so she no doubt wants to prove her skills in front of him. I doubt she can defeat Monet, though, and the preview seems to suggest as much, so perhaps there will be again some funny development in the relationship between those two.

I'm a little curious about Monet being classified as a harpy. I imagine it as being a different species, kind of like merfolk, but in flashbacks, she looks like a normal human. We know she's a logia user, so it's not a zoan fruit, so what's the deal? Can harpies just change forms at will?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I'm a little curious about Monet being classified as a harpy. I imagine it as being a different species, kind of like merfolk, but in flashbacks, she looks like a normal human. We know she's a logia user, so it's not a zoan fruit, so what's the deal? Can harpies just change forms at will?
    Or Law did that to her body, the same way he made those centaurs. In fact that was what I thought back when it was revealed Law is responsible for the chimeras. Only when it was revealed she has a fruit power I thought for a while there's an actual race of harpies out there somewhere, as I found it hard to believe a logia user would want her body altered in such a manner. Now with the newest revelation of a normal human body in the past, it's back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I can't recall it, but is he supposed to have some principle of not fighting women?
    Not that I can recall. That was always Sanji's character trait.

Which is too bad because Diable Jambe would totally wreck Monet.

Or Law did that to her body
    Yeah, once it became obvious she wasn't a Zoan I just assumed she was made the same way as every other animal-person on the island.

I'm not exactly sure WHY though, since she probably wasn't paralyzed by gas like the pirates were.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    To get the ability to fly maybe?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Oh yeah...that is a pretty good ability. I forget that in all the shonen hub-bub I guess.

Harpies as a species should totally be a "thing", though. I mean, it works well with merfolk and other deep sea mythos.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Harpies as a species should totally be a "thing", though. I mean, it works well with merfolk and other deep sea mythos.
    The difference being that "The Sea" is basically the focus of the One Piece word.

Besides, Sky Islanders are already more or less One Piece's harpies.

I suppose the other possibility is that she has two fruit powers. Maybe she's a prototype. It's not overly likely somebody like Blackbeard came up with the technique by himself. Furthermore, we have already seen Punk Hazard was even a base for researching artificial fruits and it seemed like Caesar was likely messing with them as well, if we accept what happened after Smiley's triggered death as evidence.

I suppose the other possibility is that she has two fruit powers. Maybe she's a prototype.
    I think if she was actually a zoan, we'd see her shifting occasionally. She hasn't changed from "hybrid" form for the entire arc and only appears human in flashbacks.

It's not overly likely somebody like Blackbeard came up with the technique by himself.
    It's because he ate the Chimera Fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I think if she was actually a zoan, we'd see her shifting occasionally. She hasn't changed from "hybrid" form for the entire arc and only appears human in flashbacks.

It's because he ate the Chimera Fruit.
    I just figured he was able to handle it because he was a D. Wasn't there a Whitebeard/Roger flashback conversation that reflected on that?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I just figured he was able to handle it because he was a D. Wasn't there a Whitebeard/Roger flashback conversation that reflected on that?
    I think so. But there's been no indication that the Ds can use multiple fruits.

If they could though, it would be pretty awesome if Luffy got Ace's fruit. From whoever in the war had a banana in their pocket.