Thread: One Piece Episode 613

One Piece Episode 613

Episode 613 CCS-Speed

-----------

I guess I'm a hopeless Zoro fan since this episode was great in my opinion. All the previous Monet scenes were made better in retrospect now, including the one where Luffy was having far too much trouble with her, since it all ended up as being character building and background to make her fall more meaningful in this episode. Fall and all the other little bits that were there only to make Zoro look more cool and badass. Having Tashigi there, desperately trying to her swordsmanship in front of Zoro but only ending up being shot down promptly made it all the better. He really got under her skin by giving off the impression of a bigshot who barely needs to consider the likes of Monet worth noticing, after she had struggled so much.

It almost seemed like Zoro used a weaker form of the emperor's haki to paralyze monet
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I believe that's what any other anime would call "Killing Intent".

It was just weird that she completely spazzed out like that.

Tashigi/Zoro banter is both amusing and adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    It almost seemed like Zoro used a weaker form of the emperor's haki to paralyze monet

I was thinking the same thing, but on the other hand the whole emperor's haki (or haki in general) seems still so ambiguous definition wise that it's impossible to say. Under a more realistic setting what happened between Zoro and Monet could happen without any mysterious powers; a complete demoralisation by a vastly superior opponent. So, it could be very different compared to Luffy rendering hundreds or thousands of people unconscious. Still, considering lots of "regular" people can learn some forms of haki, Zoro of all people should be able to acquire at least a minor form of emperor's haki because he's quite a menacing fellow, especially compared to Luffy. Unless it's a genetic superpower.

All in all I actually prefer it this way: that we are left guessing and everything isn't revealed immediately. It keeps the story interesting!

Obviously, Luffy has bestowed a piece of his Conqueror's Haki upon his friends via osmosis!