Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Log Horizon

Second seasons went absolutely nowhere. IŽd like to see more, but only under the promise of a coherent plot.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by shinta|hikari View Post
    Does anyone even care? This flopped so bad recently.
    A series turning to shit, something I already agreed to in this thread, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to see more of this series animated, in particular to finish up the running plot.

I'd take another run of any series left unfinished any day of the week regardless of how shitty it had become. Exceptions made when the next portion ruins an already good series, but that already occurred here.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    True, but this isn't Shana so I'm no where near as eager to see more.

Actually in retrospect I wish Shana stopped after S1.

I guess the thing is that if a series has no hope of being any good, we'd rather see resources being put into other things. It could be a brand new series, or continuing a good series (Claymore, Berserk etc).

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Season 3 begins on January 13, 2021.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Shit time to live in the Database again.

wtf, 3rd season outa nowhere!

hype

I STRONGLY hope that S3 will bring the necessary focus to this anime. Also, I probably need to rewatch S2 because I forgot everything

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    wtf, 3rd season outa nowhere!

hype

I STRONGLY hope that S3 will bring the necessary focus to this anime. Also, I probably need to rewatch S2 because I forgot everything
    I wonder what this would mean for the continuation of the light novel as well. As I understand it, there was one release a couple of years ago after the tax scandal, but not sure if that was work that had already been submitted or what.

I know he has written a couple of volumes as a web novel, but with no light novel adaptation yet. Depending on how long of a season it is, I figure they may need to borrow material from the unpublished novels, since I recall pretty much all the light novel that was out at the time was animated (with barely any new material since).

We'll see. I kinda recall season 2 being a disappointment, but I always liked this world so I welcome this new season.

If Crusty reaches Japan quickly and starts to tease Lenessia mercilessly, the third season might still be worth it.

I'm expecting absolutely nothing from it, though. I guess I'll force myself to have a look, nevertheless, for old times' sake.

S3 Episode 1

- - - -

I imagine being a player and bowing down to some NPC king. Because that's what Eins apparently did. He accepted the position of a Duke of Akiba, which means absolutely nothing. He's not a duke of anything in practice. Maybe he's betting on Akiba falling under Minami or something. It's hard to imagine he would want to become a meaningless duke under an NPC king unless it was for a bigger, nefarious purpose. The players in Akiba shouldn't give a single shit about his fancy title of a duke. Realistically the members of his guild should already be wondering whether to stay in the guild or not, since it's not an independent guild anymore.

Plenty of Lenessia in the episode, but it all feels empty without Krusty there teasing her. And now we learned she's supposedly marrying some noname, instead of Krusty.

Phew, gotta admit: That was a slog. It actually continues the same way it ended, so no quality difference or anything, but ... i think the long wait has killed this anime for me. Animation is so basic, and there's just too much going on with, at the same time, nothing exciting going on.

Will keep watching anyway, but I hope it gets better.

I'm... lost. Kinda forgot just about every character in the series.

That happened to me at the beginning of season 2. I gave up.

The Director and Series Composition writer both seem to specialize in series where if you're not a fan of the novels or the series/film, it isn't for you. Recaps and reintroductions were needed back then too.

Episode 2

- - - -

I still think there are far too many players who seem to give a shit. It's like they are forgetting they are players. The round table was excellently believable because it was nothing but a kind of annoying necessity for handling some pressing practical issues. It was only when some losers, like Eins, started to think too much that problems arose. It should still be only his own problem, though. The players, at large, shouldn't give a shit about the people of the land's politics. If Eins wants to play excel sheets with the NPCs, he's free to do it, but he should keep it to himself. There's no imaginable way for him to enforce anything upon the other players, save for some scrubs. What exactly could he do to the fighting guilds? The episode made it sound like the players depend on the NPCs, but all those NPCs would already be dead without the players, killed by the goblin horde.

It also feels like a giant mistake to bring those whatever people of the land nobles to meet Shiroe. I get why Eins, playing his little dreamy games, would want to meet the glasses villain in private, but what the heck kind of role do the NPCs serve? I hope Eins isn't trying to mix NPC nobles in the Akiba affairs. That wouldn't end well.

This show desperately needs Krusty back!

I can keep up with the new things happening, but hard to connect them to past events when you've forgotten just about everyone. The cast here is huge.

Episode 3 & 4:

Well, we got some elections coming up... and Shiroe finally decided to make a move, except:

"I feel like I haven't seen Shiroe much lately, though."

So do I... so do I.