Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Log Horizon

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I like the idea of Roe2 being Shiroe's alt.

1. there's this scene in the opening of which I posted that picture from
    2. she said she came from the moon, which is - according to shiroe - the test-server (perfect place to test out classes/subclasses etc)
    3. Some/all(?) people go there and lose something there if they die... (memories etc.) which will end up as a new consciousness for twinks sooner or later? Does Akatsuki want to be some kind of "older sister" since she's so small and all? Maybe Roe2's "soul" is a mix of Shiroe's and Akatsuki's
    4. She says something along the lines "How did I end up with this subclass I'd really like to talk to the person in charge"
    It's as if she started her adventure like that... not wanting it obviously.

And she said she switched with something/someone in Oou.... what/where was Oou again? Gold Vault, Goblin King, some Town Shiroe went to?
    Which expedition is Minori talking about?
    If it's the area near the Goblin King, guess with whom she switched places -> Crusty anyone?

Crusty disappeared around the time when Shiroe wiped and Akatsuki died to the Royal Guard, right? (see 3.) How much time has passed since then? I'm not really keeping track on that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 02-03-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    If it's the area near the Goblin King, guess with whom she switched places -> Crusty anyone?
    If it's established that she really switched places with Crusty, I'll delete this show from my HDD and never mention it again.

However, I don't really see it as anything but a coincidence (and it's not like we wouldn't have already got a truckload of new characters since the Crusty incident a long time ago). First of all, Crusty's disappearance should be tied to the totally forgotten and unexplored flavour text plot thread, and on the other hand Crusty is not a single character phenomenon to begin with: He's half of the Crusty+Lenessia couple, thus nobody can replace him.

I'm very confused how you can't accept his alt getting a personality when a Chinese gold farming bot got a personality.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMoogles View Post
    I'm very confused how you can't accept his alt getting a personality when a Chinese gold farming bot got a personality.
    Because it's not the characters that develop a personality, but the AI (be it subprogram or a script).

I kinda slept through this episode so I can't be specific, but the above reason is what makes bot-personality more believable than alt-personality.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

If it's just an "empty" account of Shiroe, then in practice it has nothing to do with Shiroe anymore. It's not like he could have logged out and switced to another character anymore. We are at least led to believe the player characters we have seen so far are either the very people who were playing the game normally in RL or they are copies of those players' minds given bodies in this game world. It's not like I couldn't accept that there's Shiroe and Copy of Shiroe (2) or even Copy of Shiroe (n), but come on, that would be kind of creepy, and would be even more so if they ever met. They both would believe they are the real Shiroe while the other one is nothing but a copy.

But then again, it's entirely possible, of course, and weirder things have happened in this show. If that's the case, it would be better if Roe 2 was an alt account but wouldn't have any of Shiroe's RL memories since that wasn't the account he was playing when they got sucked in. So, she would be an adventurer with no memories of RL whatsoever.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    So, she would be an adventurer with no memories of RL whatsoever.
    which might be the case, she seems to be clueless about stuff like soy sauce for example.

ok, now i want an awkward sex-scene featuring Shiroe and Roe Tsu.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    If it's just an "empty" account of Shiroe, then in practice it has nothing to do with Shiroe anymore. It's not like he could have logged out and switced to another character anymore. We are at least led to believe the player characters we have seen so far are either the very people who were playing the game normally in RL or they are copies of those players' minds given bodies in this game world. It's not like I couldn't accept that there's Shiroe and Copy of Shiroe (2) or even Copy of Shiroe (n), but come on, that would be kind of creepy, and would be even more so if they ever met. They both would believe they are the real Shiroe while the other one is nothing but a copy.

But then again, it's entirely possible, of course, and weirder things have happened in this show. If that's the case, it would be better if Roe 2 was an alt account but wouldn't have any of Shiroe's RL memories since that wasn't the account he was playing when they got sucked in. So, she would be an adventurer with no memories of RL whatsoever.
    Yea, I'm not sure if it is a copy or what, but it is an interesting situation regardless which is why I think it has to be the case.
    Perhaps Roe2's personality is based on how Shiroe acted while he played the character.

We've already been shown personalities can come out of nowhere though, with the gold farming bot.

Though it is interesting that the bot knew she was a bot, but Roe2 seems like maybe she doesn't know about the real world, as Krayz points out.

I'm more inclined to think that Roe2 is a diehard fangirl of shiroe and a stalker to boot.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Dual boxing is pretty easy to do. If only players logged on were brought into the world then the idea that he was logged on to two accounts isn't that far fetched.

I've watched people 5-box their way through instances in wow /csb

episode 18 is out
    -------------------------

only good scene was badass Nyanta posing at the end.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I do like the smaller bits about the auto translator and the telepathy.
    And so much for letting the kids do it alone. Nyanta is following them.

Hmm... So, the Odyssey Knight's mission seems to be to disrupt the player only perks (telepathy and resurrection), I reckon. They want to die a true death in battle? That would fit well together with their haggard countenance. They did look almost like some religious cult.

One thing I like about Nureha is how she's so smooth a liar. I thought Touya was falling for her, but I'm not so sure anymore. Although maybe it is so, and the very reason making him so annoyed is because he feels like Dariella isn't honest with herself (no shit) and is unnecessarily carrying a heavy facade (no shit^2).

At least it's certain now that Roe 2 is similar to the people of the land. She knows absolutely nothing about RL.

Largely a tiresome episode again, but at least it did contain a bit of information. The next ep naturally looks better. Jolly good for the party as well: They don't need to go looking for wyverns when the beasts instead come to them!

They should invite Demiglasse. wyyyyveerrnnn KIIIICKKKKUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    And so much for letting the kids do it alone. Nyanta is following them.
    I don't think he's following them as much as keeping an eye on Minami. Shiroe knows the Silver Swords are in control to the north so his next real threat would be from the south (assuming having the princess is a good way to keep the king/nobles from doing something stupid in Maihama... but that's why Akasuki is there anyway). He knows there are Minami spies in the city so he has to assume they know the city's protection is down (which the viewers already know is true). The swarm of wyverns even at medium level would do some serious damage Akihabara or at the very least would have them preoccupied enough for Plant Hwyaden to swoop in to take over the city in the aftermath. Nyanta has the gryphon to ride making distance travel easier so at least he's give a heads up to a coming army whether it be beasts or "humans".

I'm more interested in seeing what's behind the marked masks of the Odyssey Knights. Wonder if using the mobile temple too many times messes up your face or turns you into something.

Poor NPCs, only 42 songs gifted to them by the BGM gods.

The mobile cathedral seems like it would be super dangerous for players.
    If you get resurrected there, what's to stop the people surrounding it from killing you again? And again, and again, until you don't have any memories left.

The mobile cathedral seems like it would be super dangerous for players.
    If you get resurrected there, what's to stop the people surrounding it from killing you again? And again, and again, until you don't have any memories left.
    Maybe that's exactly what they want? If they can't prevent respawning (like they did telepathy), they might as well wipe their own memories and thus their regrets and suffering in the same process. They won't miss RL if they don't remember it, after all.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Horriblesubs S02E19

-----------------------

I really don't understand what's going on anymore. People of the Land are being smarter, and Adventurers are being dumber. Now I can't tell who is who, where they're from and where they are going.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I do know, however, that even an episode that should have been full of fighting and thus good can be made pitiful simply by Minori being there. That's really all to know about this episode.

I can't help but think the Odyssey Knights really do know dying and seeing glimpses of their past doesn't mean they are getting any closer to RL, but they are willingly fooling themselves as they are sinking into oblivion.

It's pretty hard to see what exactly is going on in Minami. It's also quite annoying they are supposedly making huge leaps in all kinds of magic technology (even the mobile cathedrals of the Odyssey Knights are from there, I believe), but we haven't seen anything fancier than the old steam ship from Akiba, despite the fact there're supposed to be thousands of people in those guilds.

Agreed, I also donīt like all these sudden introductions. People of the land have been portrayed as stiff, uncreative, now itīs the exact opposite.

And while I got the answer "because itīs a shounen anime" before, I really wonder how those adventurerers that have decided to accept this world as "real" think about offspring. Basically, would it be possible for and adventurer to have a baby with another adventurer? What about adventurerXpeopleoftheland? For those that have no ambition to return to our reality that should be a big topic.

Oh, and this episode ruined Nyantaīs appearance. Instead of slaying random ghost monsters in the woods, I wanted him to insta-jump on that train and then suddenly stay behind that overly confident PotL-woman :P