Thread: One Piece Nostalgia Thread

One Piece Nostalgia Thread

So I got sucked into browsing various One Piece clips on Youtube, and thought it would be great to have a thread like this to share some of the good ones. So, here you go!

and one more

Last edited by Assertn; Sun, 11-03-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I was kinda surprised Sogeking never amounted to anything beyond the Enies Lobby arc.

I half expected Usopp to adopt that as a recurring persona every time he decided to get serious.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar

This scene broke my heart, still picking up the pieces.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I was kinda surprised Sogeking never amounted to anything beyond the Enies Lobby arc.

I half expected Usopp to adopt that as a recurring persona every time he decided to get serious.
    I think they had a throwback to Sogeking in Thriller Bark arc, didn't they? Like Soge King represents his courage or something.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    This scene broke my heart, still picking up the pieces.
    Yeah, it's a great scene. I have also gone back to rewatch it a couple of time. Just like with Nico Robin, Luffy forced Nami to proactively rely on the rest of the crew and didn't just force the help down her throat. As much as I appreciated that slice of toughness in Luffy's character, I also enjoyed how the prideful Nami needed to admit she couldn't solve it all by herself.

Being a Zoro fan, one scene I have rewatched a few times is the one where Zoro goes to buy swords in Loguetown. Not only does Zoro show his quality as a swordsman in a totally peaceful environment but it also has Tashigi, whose interaction with Zoro is only getting better as the show goes on. It's a somewhat long video, though, running over eight mins.

@Kraco

This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    That's interesting. I thought I was the only one who got that sort of messages from time to time when trying to view youtube videos others were gleefully watching. Or more specifically the messages I always used to get were something like: "This video is not available in your country".

That's a shorter version. If it's blocked as well, then there's little I, or anybody, can do about it.

I'm still waiting for something awesome to happen with Zoro's cursed sword. It's like they always make a big deal about whatever new sword he gets ("wow! this one is so fast!" "wow! this one has so much power!") as soon as he gets it, but then it becomes moot once the next arc begins.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Ooh, Reputation comments show up in the notifications now. Neat.