Thread: One Piece Episode 621

One Piece Episode 621

Episode 621 - HS

- - - - - ---

This must have been some kind of "bad graphics week" for One Piece. But then again, nothing really worthwhile happened so it hardly matters. Giving the task of stopping Caesar's rescue to Nami and Usopp seemed 100% artificial. Nami clearing the poison gas was infinitely more significant and relevant. She was the only one who could do that, but stopping the stupid two and Caesar could have been handled by other people more smoothly and with less effort. I can't help but wonder if they even tried to escape in the manga or if that was anime original content.

"You can count on me when the enemy turns his back."

Oh Usopp, you haven't changed a bit.

And seriously, Baby 5 would be Sanji's dream girl. She even smokes!

We didn't have a thread for last week, but they really were fucking with the audience. Straight up showing an explosion that never actually happened.

Least Monet got what she deserved. Because Law is fucking hardcore.

Looks like Flamenco's deal is he's a spoiled brat with a bunch of undeservedly loyal servants.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    We didn't have a thread for last week, but they really were fucking with the audience. Straight up showing an explosion that never actually happened.
    Didn't Law mention that the explosion was from the SAD place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    This must have been some kind of "bad graphics week" for One Piece. But then again, nothing really worthwhile happened so it hardly matters. Giving the task of stopping Caesar's rescue to Nami and Usopp seemed 100% artificial. Nami clearing the poison gas was infinitely more significant and relevant. She was the only one who could do that, but stopping the stupid two and Caesar could have been handled by other people more smoothly and with less effort. I can't help but wonder if they even tried to escape in the manga or if that was anime original content.
    Yeah, definitely way too many shots of people freaking out in the transport cart, Nami awkwardly gathering up courage from her promise to the children just so she can point her rod forward and blow wind out of it, and Baby 5 killing time with her silly weapons when even her main transformations weren't working. I suppose that's understandable, considering how close the anime is catching up to the manga. The Usopp/Nami wombo combo, however, is canon, though I see it as more of a comical climax to the "capture ceasar" mission.

But hey, how about that Doflamingo, eh? All, flying through the air like a badass. And then you got the shadowy figure riding on a giant penguin, I mean, c'mon!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    But hey, how about that Doflamingo, eh? All, flying through the air like a badass.
    He's not doing anything Sanji can't do.

And then you got the shadowy figure riding on a giant penguin, I mean, c'mon!
    Pretty sure that's Aokiji.

Doflamingo needs to be living right next to Punk Hazard if he intends to catch the alliance folks there. They are all but finished with everything already and likely eager to leave due to the presence of the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    He's not doing anything Sanji can't do.
    You think Sanji can travel the entire distance between islands on the grand line quickly by just kicking through the air?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

You think Sanji can travel the entire distance between islands on the grand line quickly by just kicking through the air?
    Don't know why he wouldn't if Donflamenco can do it.

Jounin
    Maybe because Don Flamingo uses his fruit power to travel though the air and Sanji would kick air. If it was such a good way to travel CP9 would all have just needed to fly. But in the end they used trains and shit to travel between islands.

Huh? Isn't his power to control people like puppets? How exactly does that help him to travel through the air like some celestial rabbit? It looks very much like the skill competent marines and Sanji use, just stronger for longer jumps.

I believe his power is technically wires or something. Still don't know how you'd fly with that, unless you were tethering yourself to something pulling you.

But yeah, at the end of 620, you can clearly tell he's using the Moon Step.

Jounin
    And still he makes his "puppet-move" while he fly at the end. Maybe that's because he was excited and unconsciously did it? My first thought was that it was to fly. Specially since it doesn't really look like Geppo that CP9 used.

At first, I thought he was killing those seagulls cause he was POed, but than it turned into a transition.