Thread: One Piece Episode 634

One Piece Episode 634

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 634 - 1080p | 720p | 480p

--------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, this arc is reintroducing Luffy to all sorts of people he met on Jaya.

Also, introduction of the usual "Historical tragedy from before they were born that the Strawhats solve by accident while beating everyone up."
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 02-23-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Also, introduction of the usual "Historical tragedy from before they were born that the Strawhats solve by accident while beating everyone up."
    Us, the viewers, not knowing who Cavendish is beautifully adds insult to injury for him, though.

I love how Jesus looks like he just picked up a grocery bag off the floor and decided to name his masked identity whatever words were written on the front of it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Us, the viewers, not knowing who Cavendish is beautifully adds insult to injury for him, though.
    I was referring to the mystery with the guy on the statue.

I assume it's going to end up being the next "Fate of Shandia/Merfolk Queen Assassination plot" type story. Where a bunch of stuff happened 20 years ago, and there will be a lot of angst and drama about it, and then Luffy will beat up the person responsible for completely unrelated reasons.

I was referring to the mystery with the guy on the statue.

I assume it's going to end up being the next "Fate of Shandia/Merfolk Queen Assassination plot" type story. Where a bunch of stuff happened 20 years ago, and there will be a lot of angst and drama about it, and then Luffy will beat up the person responsible for completely unrelated reasons.
    The man was supposed to have been around only 20 years ago. There's no way a ton of people wouldn't remember him unless he never existed in the first place or some strange fruit power wasn't used to wipe him from everybody's consciousness. Seriously, though, he has zero relevance at this point. The whole colosseum wasn't any topic before Luffy heard about Ace's fruit as the prize a couple of eps ago, so who cares about the history of the fighting arena, let alone a single man?

Unless the blind admiral and this Kyros fellow are the same man, and the single wound he ever received blinded him. Though that wouldn't really explain, either, why nobody remembers him, but at least it would grant this story some importance. I guess the pink gladiator woman could be his daughter, granddaughter, or something, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Seriously, though, he has zero relevance at this point.
    Right. Just like Liar Noland had no relevance to anything the Strawhats were doing in Skypia.

Until you get half-way through the arc and then, oh wait, it was relevant all along!

We'll eventually find out the statue guy was once the king or something, and that Donflamingo made everyone forget him somehow when he took over or something and after Luffy beats down Flamingo, the girl(who, yeah, is probably his daughter/grandaughter) will be the kingdom's next ruler.

Perhaps. But the main point of this arc should be to find and destroy the factory, as per Law's plan. Everything else, which is funnily enough everything actually going on (though Franky at least is trying), is just a distraction. I think in the Skypia arc they hadn't really any real goals, it was just a pure adventure, so anything could be relevant.

True, but you could say that about most of the places they go.

Most of the islands they visit their "purpose" is to just get to the next island.

It is funny how, getting to Raftel is supposedly just a matter of following the log poses to their end, yet everyone gets bogged down in the New World and never ends up getting there, and now that's exactly what's happened to the Strawhats.

I wonder if all the places Law is dragging them is even towards the end of the Grand Line or not.

Well, at this point, everyone's using the 3-way log poses, so I imagine there's so many branching paths to take, that it's difficult to figure out which one leads to raftel. Then again, I don't even really know what that means, anyway, since "Yonkou" are somehow classified as the closest pirates to achieving that goal, yet they roam about just as much as anyone else, considering Whitebeard crossed the red line to get to the government HQ, and Shanks and Kaidou weren't far behind.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well, at this point, everyone's using the 3-way log poses, so I imagine there's so many branching paths to take, that it's difficult to figure out which one leads to raftel.
    Which is great for pirates who are just living in the new world at this point.

For anyone still trying to get to the end, seem like simply using the original poses that go from one island to the next would be the better choice.

Then again, I don't even really know what that means, anyway, since "Yonkou" are somehow classified as the closest pirates to achieving that goal, yet they roam about just as much as anyone else, considering Whitebeard crossed the red line to get to the government HQ, and Shanks and Kaidou weren't far behind.
    Something obviously is preventing the Yonkou from reaching Raftel. I thought they said way back when that it was actually each other. Like if any one of them tried to go to Raftel, the other 3 would move to stop them.

Or was it the Marines and the Warlords that would try and stop them.

It was something like that.

Something obviously is preventing the Yonkou from reaching Raftel. I thought they said way back when that it was actually each other. Like if any one of them tried to go to Raftel, the other 3 would move to stop them.
    One of them would still make it there. The last one standing. Unless they are cowards or merely uninterested.

Well, we saw in flashbacks that Whitebeard pretty much WAS uninterested. All he really cared about was his crew being a family.

Well, we saw in flashbacks that Whitebeard pretty much WAS uninterested. All he really cared about was his crew being a family.
    He also wanted Ace to become the Pirate King
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07