Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
So, Munsu, whatīs the argument against spoiler tags? I must have been absent when that was discussed.
Don't care to waste more time on this as it is, but the main gist of it is unneeded when Gotwoot has a hard line policy against spoilers in the first place regardless if spoiler tags are in place or not. What you'll find then is a bunch of discussion hidden by spoiler tags just because people are unsure of what should be included in tags or not, so they go with the tags "just to be safe". It's a pain in the ass.

To give you an example, you go to Animesuki, and you can sometimes go full pages with all the content hidden by spoiler tags... and half of it shouldn't have been in the first place.

It just plain sucks.

And that's just ONE issue I have with it.

And then you find the spoiler tags mine, because you just have to risk opening the spoiler tag because it's usage is so inconsistent that you feel confident that what's inside a spoiler isn't really a spoiler for you.. then bam, you get hit with a spoiler because you couldn't resist...

And so on...

Yes, spoiler tags can be useful... but they can also be a pain in the ass, an unneeded pain in the ass that will transform the nature of GotWoot discussions in a manner I don't care for. I might as well go to Animesuki and be done with it (and I never cared for how they go about discussing stuff).