Thread: One Piece Episode 636

One Piece Episode 636

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 636 - 1080p | 720p | 480p

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, fun episode. I care about the coloseum stuff way more than anything else going on. Want to see what happens next.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 03-16-2014 at 09:16 AM.

This tournament seems nice and simple, so it ought to be a good watch, assuming the marines don't mess too much with it.

Disguises are wasted on Luffy. They only work as long as he doesn't open his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Disguises are wasted on Luffy. They only work as long as he doesn't open his mouth.
    Well, that big guy clearly just saw through it. And then he ratted him out to Cavendish.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Well, that big guy clearly just saw through it. And then he ratted him out to Cavendish.
    Who knows. To me it looked like the kind of verifying question stupid people would get tricked with. Asking something only a certain individual would know. If there's a reaction, the true identity is verified. The simplest form would have been to call Luffy's name from behind. I bet Luffy would have turned around, asking "What?".

So...are you and me the only people still watching this or what?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I watch it, it`s just that there`s always a period in every arc where things are being set up and when shit hits the fan, more people will talk in stage two I`m certain :P
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Before this match started, I thought Bellamy is in fact unlucky here. One of his best bets is the combination of speed and power he gains from jumping around with his spring legs. However, this arena is working totally against him: It's utterly flat and the walls are beyond the borders of the arena, and thus won't help him gain horizontal acceleration. He's stuck with vertical accel from the floor and whatever little horizontal he manages to get by using simple friction from his boots. Anybody going outside of the arena will get immediately disqualified, even if they didn't drop into the moat but somehow managed to return. It might not matter so much right now against the small fry, but it ought to matter later when fighting against people whose skills and powers aren't hampered by the circumstances.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but they seem to be playing pretty fast and loose with physics to cover for the fact that that terrain would obviously suck for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Before this match started, I thought Bellamy is in fact unlucky here. One of his best bets is the combination of speed and power he gains from jumping around with his spring legs. However, this arena is working totally against him: It's utterly flat and the walls are beyond the borders of the arena, and thus won't help him gain horizontal acceleration. He's stuck with vertical accel from the floor and whatever little horizontal he manages to get by using simple friction from his boots. Anybody going outside of the arena will get immediately disqualified, even if they didn't drop into the moat but somehow managed to return. It might not matter so much right now against the small fry, but it ought to matter later when fighting against people whose skills and powers aren't hampered by the circumstances.
    Well, technically, the same could be said for Luffy, but in the end that always seems circumstantial at best.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Well, technically, the same could be said for Luffy, but in the end that always seems circumstantial at best.
    To a lesser extent, yes. But even in the distant past Luffy has still shown lots of techniques that wouldn't require him to grab onto something, stretch, and jump. I suppose Bellamy is the same, possibly, but when he seemed to get serious against Luffy back during the Skypiea arc, he certainly relied on it. He must be a lot stronger now, though, but basics are still basics.