Thread: One Piece Episode 639

One Piece Episode 639

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 639 - 480p | 720p | 1080p

I'd say Sanji deserves lessons like this, but at the same time I believe he will neither learn from them nor change. He lives for cooking and ladies, after all.

At a first glance it didn't look like Luffy's initial fight will have any overly strong opponents. They are all never heard of folks, after all. But I doubt he will go all out at once, so we might see some fighting. Though with Luffy you never know. He doesn't exactly plan things too far ahead.

Seems weird that all of a sudden, Law and Ceasar's fruit powers have very specific energy limits. This is something that has never ever been brought up before with any other fruit user.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I'd say Sanji deserves lessons like this, but at the same time I believe he will neither learn from them nor change. He lives for cooking and ladies, after all.
    This. It was super obvious that this was a trap for him, but mitigation of a completely flanderized character's one defining trait is something that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    At a first glance it didn't look like Luffy's initial fight will have any overly strong opponents.
    They're obviously saving all that for the 1vs1 battles later.

After all, none of the Donflamingo family members introduced at the start of the event are even participating in these rounds.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Lame, I really liked Violet.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Lame, I really liked Violet.
    Uh... No. Like DE said, anybody could see she was building a trap for some purpose. She was like that from the very beginning, so if you liked her, then you liked a viper.

It is weird though if she was luring him into a trap than she had him kick that guys ass. I get luring him an entire town over to separate him from his friends, but having him take the time to fight a bunch of guys seems pointless. It's not even like those guys were strong enough to weaken him a little.

Unless she needed to see Sanji use all his powers. And now she has a counter for them.

What was so obvious about it being a trap? was it that she liked him? has weirder shit never happened in OP?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I dunno, just, tropes.

Super hot girl just happens to pick one super horndog who's supposed to be in hiding out of a crowd. Leads him to an entire nother town. He keeps getting attacked a long the way. And every line out of her mouth is exactly what a femme fatale would say to lead someone into a trap. Fake a lot of tears. Never actually explains what her problem supposedly is(though to be fair, Sanji wouldn't have let her explain even if she had wanted to).

Besides the most obvious, it's Sanji's lot in life to repulse all women with his obnoxious fawning. Any female character that finds that charming is obviously faking.

She DID try to explain why she wanted him to kill someone this episode. But as I said, weirder things have happened, a girl falling for Sanji is really not an impossible task. Guess I`m just naïve.

But as I said, weirder things have happened, a girl falling for Sanji is really not an impossible task. Guess I`m just naïve.
    It's not impossible, but if it ever happens, I doubt it's going to happen instantaneously the way it happened here.

I still think Baby 5 and Sanji are made for each other. Sanji desperately needs someone. Baby 5 desperately wants to be needed. And they both smoke.

I don't really know what she plans to accomplish by handcuffing him, anyway. As if he couldn't break free from those at any time.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well, if they're Sea Stone, he probably can't. He may not have a fruit, but Sea Stone is still essentially unbreakable.

Then again, none of Sanji's abilities are actually hindered by cuffing his hands. So...yeah.

Didn`t she also cuff his legs?

Didn`t she also cuff his legs?
    So she did. I guess I missed that.