Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haikyuu!!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention.. the subtitlers screwed up. Karasuno won their practice match, not the other way around.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention.. the subtitlers screwed up. Karasuno won their practice match, not the other way around.
    In episode 4?
    http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=748522

Or in the previous ones? Because episode 4 had a lot of them.

Anyways, good to see more female characters. Hope this one also sticks around more often.

I was talking about Episode 03. I only saw 04 just now. That was fine, no errors there.

HS - Episode 11

----------------------------

Someone is going to get absolutely OWNED next episode.

HS - Episode 12

----------------------------------------

It's here!!!!!!

The other team was nicely characterised for a cannon-fodder team. It makes me feel a little bad about pwning them. Oh well, that's life. It sucks that you can only have one manager on the caught. So left out :'(

Also, nothing beats a good rally.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 12-20-2015 at 02:17 AM.

new episode is out, whatever number, since nobody is watching anyway
    ---------------------------------------

just because someoneīs drawn in a different artstyle doesnt mean heīs stronger ;O

and ive gotta say: i really HATE the teacher of Karasuno. He looks just as young as the players, and heīs so awfully close with them. Either heīs a pedophile, or gay.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

The one with glasses? I don't see the problem with him. If he's as young as them, that makes him less of a paedophile right?

There's not much to talk about (like most sports anime that don't have a romantic subplot actually), but it's good. This is one of those anime that I'm eager to watch weekly.

I wish I was as eager as you :/ This anime TRIES to replace Kuroko, but itīs just not exciting/manly enough. With Kuroko, each episode would have me pumped up from excitement and tension.
    In Haikyuu, everybody is so ... nice. It needs more true rivary and antipathy.

Kuroko killed itself but being too magical. The early days were good.

I've always thought of this as more of a "Knight in the Area" thing that actually worked properly: King of the Court's been looking for someone who can receive his passes, while the scorer's needed nurturing/backup to make his skills useful. Unlike Knight in the Area, you actually follow through instead of throwing in some psychological bullshit.

I can see the Kuroko comparison though. They're both sausage fests.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    In Haikyuu, everybody is so ... nice. It needs more true rivary and antipathy.
    I'm cool with this. It's interhigh sports. You don't need to make assholes out of each other.

I'm still watching, but not giving it too much thought.

Lol, I totally forgot about Area no Kishi. How did it end again? Did he fuse with his dead brotherīs mind and become the best player ever? ;D

The mix of adrenaline and comedy in this show is great. They're timed well and don't overstay their welcome.

Just caught up. Was worried about the latest game being too long, but it was overall entertaining from start to finish.

I still think that Hinata's impact on this team has been highly diminished since the beginning of the series, at times going through most of the episode without him taking part in any portion of the game. So we're both seeing a lessening of his role on this team (despite getting better and finding new weapons to compete with) and a lessening of his role in the series as a whole (at least in games as it were).

I was surprised when the opposing coach commented on how there's not much to do with Number 10, he'll get his points... but he really hasn't been all that featured.

Minor rant over.

Seems like there's one more episode to go for this season to end.

I think it's slightly better that way since he's supposed to be a decoy as opposed to an ace. He's flashy, but doesn't necessarily top-scores.

He's really got to get those wipe-outs down. It's the best anti-block thing ever.

I think it's slightly better that way since he's supposed to be a decoy as opposed to an ace. He's flashy, but doesn't necessarily top-scores.

He's really got to get those wipe-outs down. It's the best anti-block thing ever.
    This doesn't come into since his "decoy" play doesn't get featured either. He's often non-existent on the floor from a viewers perspective.

I have no problem with him being a decoy, and him being the main character and all, he should be featured more during the games.

My 2 cents.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I don't know how the final against that powerhouse team will play out, but maybe they had in mind to show everyone else progress in the team and then they will put the lights on Hinata again showing how he still evolves and makes the difference.
    Their level as a team and on an individual level was below the average.
    Now we know everyone is better and they can beat strong teams. But they clearly aren't that strong yet.
    To me, the greatest weapon Hinata has is his hability to see everything around him and choose the best spiking spot, as well as his speed and ability to spike/block anywhere. Coupled with imba sets, he should become unstoppable when he masters that kinetic vision.
    Because otherwise he's small and his spikes lack power. So he can only work on his speed and kinetic vision to make a difference.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Well, finished watching episode 25, last of season 2...

Overall, I enjoyed the first season more, but still a solid sports anime. I think the practice matches arc was a bit overlong, and not all that entertaining, so that was the biggest flaw for me even though I usually enjoy training segments.

Now the wait for season 3, which comes out this fall.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...in-fall/.99844

With the first arc being about playing Shiratorizawa, how do you think it will turn out.

I mean, if story wise it was a win, then I'm sure they would've included it as the conclusion of season 2. But who knows.

I'm leaning towards the season beginning with a loss. Not sure what it will mean for the seniors, we'll see.

I think it'll be a win. They can then spend the time playing in the Nationals.

This can be a cliffhanger.

I think it'll be a win. They can then spend the time playing in the Nationals.

This can be a cliffhanger.
    Yeah. Could go either way. Beating this last team was a goal as it was, so it does fit as a season ender even if there was a bigger fish to fry around the corner.

Season 3 - Episode 01

-------------------

And it's back. More of the same, so I can't complain.