Thread: One Piece Episode 646

One Piece Episode 646

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 646 - 480p | 720p | 1080p

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hot damn! This is what we've been waiting to see! This is probably Luffy's first opponent that's actually at his level since the time skip. This guy's got all the Hakis!

Awesome musical cues in this as well.

Yeah, this should be a good lesson for Luffy. New World probably has lots of people employing haki, even if not conqueror's haki, so he could use some practice. It's too bad this geezer hadn't be foreshadowed earlier in the show, or at least I can't remember such a case, so it's kind of inconsequential he claims he lost everything due to Garp, but nevertheless he seems strong.

The cactus thief was a joke. He was lucky he never tried to catch any big names but instead got to experience his weakness in the controlled, more or less, environment of this arena.

The Funky jacket brother had one of the more useless fruit powers so far. Since they are called Devil's fruits, I guess they should have some unlucky ones mixed in as well.

I loved that guys fruit honestly.

If you're just a really skilled person, that fruit could have a lot of powerful applications. Like if you could trick someone like Luffy with a ridiculously powerful body into putting you on. It's just so weird and interesting.

Here i thought that the previous episode ended on a buildup/cliffhanger note, then this fucking ep happens! HHHNNGGGGh!

Makes me wonder though, what would happen if the Jacket-Jacket dude managed to get another fruit user to "wear" him, would he then gain access to that persons powers as well...?

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I always kinda wondered how some of these people planned to get past this stage of the competition if things went their way. I mean, can both Funk bros be considered one person while they're together? Would Kelly have to progress to the finals without his brother? What about the King and Dagama, for that matter?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I brought that up back when they revealed the King's power.

Some of these characters don't seem like they could possibly win outside of this battle royal-style matchup.

I don't think lots of them planned too much beforehand. Obviously the nameless small fries were career gladiators or some random people who didn't know at all what they would be facing, that is, what sort of monsters are out there. Some of the named ones also had a limited perspective, thinking they are badass, like the weapon stealing cactus guy. He had obviously fought lots of battles, but still failed to realise the full scale of powers. Bellamy might have been a little different, serving under somebody like Flamingo and also having got beaten so easily by Luffy when he'd believed himself to be invincible. But he simply had to try. Only a few contenders present know how things really stand, and they are obviously strong. If they weren't strong, they wouldn't know and live to tell the story.