Thread: One Piece Episode 648

One Piece Episode 648

Episode 648 - HS

- - - - - - - - - -

Flamingo is severely underestimating Luffy. But I guess that makes sense since he hasn't really personally dealt with him before, even if he has needed to suffer some consequences. But generally speaking I suppose Flamingo is usually worrying about bigger politics than individual pirates out there, so Luffy and the minuscule crew might not seem like much to him, as long as it's not personal like with Law. I didn't expect the blind admiral to turn out to be such a tool, though.

The ship situation is ridiculous. There're four of Straw hats & associates, one enemy devil fruit user of questionable direct battle prowess, and they are in the middle of an ocean. Why don't they just gang up on the art lady and toss her overboard? Once in water, she would be easy to deal with and they might even manage to encourage her to undo all the artistic damage.

Zoro getting envious of Luffy was given. After all, Zoro only cares about fights, drinking, and sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I didn't expect the blind admiral to turn out to be such a tool, though.
    I don't know what else he's supposed to do. Law's admitted who he is, and that he's guilty. It's his duty to arrest him.

It's not like when he met Luffy in the bar, when he could at least pretend he didn't know who Luffy was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    There're four of Straw hats & associates, one enemy devil fruit user of questionable direct battle prowess, and they are in the middle of an ocean. Why don't they just gang up on the art lady and toss her overboard?
    All of their everything sucks though. Nami and Brook are weapon dependent, and their weapons don't work, and all of Chopper's striking surfaces don't work.

I'm not even sure Brook can take his hands off his face.

And I doubt any member of the Donflamingo family has no battle ability whatsoever. Even if she's not that strong, she can probably defend herself from people that are incapable of attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I don't know what else he's supposed to do. Law's admitted who he is, and that he's guilty. It's his duty to arrest him.
    I just don't like how he's bowing down to Flamingo. He should have taken Caesar in for questioning, but the moment he heard Flamingo was using Caesar, he just accepted it no questions asked. Now he's basically helping Flamingo, nothing more. Not much of an admiral. Shichibukai are still pirates, even if they are working for the government. An admiral should have more pride.

Jounin
    But he is a new addition to the Navy. He hasn't risen up through the ranks like the others. Can't expect him to have that pride that other have. Also his inexperience might make him unsure of how to act now that he has learned that Don Flamingo is also a Celestial Dragon. He might be unsure if he can touch him at all without suffer the consequences from the top.

Also, they made it pretty clear that crew of Warlords are immune to prosecution as much as Warlords themselves. And Donflamingo claimed Ceasar as his crew.

Law could have done the same with the Strawhats, but he chose not to because he wanted to start a battle here with Donflamingo to give the Strawhats a chance to destroy the factory.