Thread: One Piece Episode 649

One Piece Episode 649

480p - 720p - 1080p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahah, the moment they showed how Garp "ruined" Chinjao i just fucking knew that Luffy was going to "fix" that somehow.

Even though the "fix" simply seems like a side-effect from the punch, it's just such a "Luffy thing" to happen, i bet they become instant friends after this.

Classic Luffy, lol

And can they please cut down on the fucking recaps in every damn episode.
    Last edited by Penner; Sun, 06-15-2014 at 11:59 AM.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Hahah, the moment they showed how Garp "ruined" Chinjao i just fucking knew that Luffy was going to "fix" that somehow.
    Same, though I was expecting a punch to the gut, or the groin though. Or a double punch to both sides of the head at the same time.

The way they did it didn't make much sense. Punching down on the top of his head should have made it worse, not better.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Same, though I was expecting a punch to the gut, or the groin though. Or a double punch to both sides of the head at the same time.
    Yeah. For a moment I thought it would happen already when Luffy stopped Chinjao's spinning and smashed the hawk punch in his belly, sending him flying. But then I realised this wouldn't probably end before gear 3. Nevertheless, I'm glad this ended already. It took long enough, even though I admit the flashback and stuff did make Chinjao a bit more believable as a tough opponent. At least this way the geezer will have no reason whatsoever to chase Luffy anymore since he can return home to drill some ice.

This episode made me wonder if Luffy somehow absorbs logia power form those he encounters.. We've seen him use a fire punch (Red Hawk, Ace) against Hody and now a lightning (Enel) punch against Chinjao.. he even named the attack Thor.. after El Thor.
    I guess it's the same kind of thing Kurohige used to steal Shirohige's powers, with the difference that Kurohige knows how to do it.

I wasn't sure whether that Thor punch actually was electrical, or if it was just a graphical effect for the impact.

But yeah, that's basically the second unexplained Elemental attack Luffy has used post-timeskip.

Also, I guess Luffy really doesn't shrink at all after 3rd Gear anymore.