Thread: One Piece Episode 650-651

One Piece Episode 650-651

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 650 - 480p | 720p | 1080p

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 651 - 480p | 720p | 1080p

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm guessing the toy soldier is really Rebecca's father, and Gladiator Rikky was her grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    So I'm guessing the toy soldier is really Rebecca's father, and Gladiator Rikky was her grandfather.
    Yeah. Though I don't know why royals would be gladiators...

This flashback was obviously coming, but I sure as hell wasn't looking forward to it. Yet another determined but sad lady with a tragic past in distress. Except this time she won't even join the crew (because she's useless), so basically it's all worthless pastime. Let's be honest: We all just want to finally see lots of ass kicked in this arc, with Flamingo himself getting his feathery derriere imprinted with a boot sole last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Yeah. Though I don't know why royals would be gladiators...
    Well, Rikky seemed to be in disguise, because he had a mask on, and everyone thought he was new.

I'm guessing Donflamingo expects Rebecca to die in the arena eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    This flashback was obviously coming, but I sure as hell wasn't looking forward to it. Yet another determined but sad lady with a tragic past in distress. Except this time she won't even join the crew (because she's useless), so basically it's all worthless pastime.
    Oh c'mon, every arc has this. That's basically all Wiper was back in the day.

I like that Bartolomeo turned out to be a total Luffy fanboy, lol

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Considering all the crazy stunts Luffy and the Straw hats in general have pulled off, it's indeed very plausible there would be people among the wackier, younger pirates who would look up to them. They wouldn't really need to know Luffy & gang, in fact it would be better if they didn't, they just need to know the public information and rumours about their escapades to create quite a legendary and wild image in their minds. This was quite a good story writing detail.

I quite liked episode 650. I was a bit saddened nobody set up a thread for it. It seems to foreshadow a possible whitebeard-style buildup of a pirate alliance serving under Luffy, between Bartolomeo and the conehead dude.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I know! I wasn't expecting that. I thought he was just another pirate gunning for Luffy, but his interest was something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    It seems to foreshadow a possible whitebeard-style buildup of a pirate alliance serving under Luffy, between Bartolomeo and the conehead dude.
    Wait...what?

I mean, okay, maybe I could see Barolomeo maybe joining the Luffy/Law alliance just as an excuse to follow Luffy around. But Don Chinjou isn't even a pirate anymore. He's going to go home and dig up his goddamn treasure!

Sure, he wants to make Luffy head of his navy, but Luffy's not gonna do that.

Every character Luffy makes friends with isn't going to suddenly start joining his pirate alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I quite liked episode 650. I was a bit saddened nobody set up a thread for it.
    It's just...soooooo much cutting and pasting...