Thread: One Piece Episode 653

One Piece Episode 653

One Piece 653

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, Violet sure would make a great Lookout for a Pirate crew.

If the guys on the ship get fucked over again, it's totally Nami's fault. It's just goddamn stupid of her to screw around trying to get one of the Fruit-eaters to handle the goddamn seastone cuffs.

Man, either I missed that big reveal of DoFlamingo's in the manga, or I forgot it. I knew he was supposed to be a descendant of the tenryuubito, but it didn't register to me that his ancestor was the original king of Dressrosa that united under the World Government and relocated to Marijois.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

So, I can't remember, is the Void Century before or AFTER this founding of the WG?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    So, I can't remember, is the Void Century before or AFTER this founding of the WG?
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Century
    Looks like before.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

[URL="http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=574408"]
    If the guys on the ship get fucked over again, it's totally Nami's fault. It's just goddamn stupid of her to screw around trying to get one of the Fruit-eaters to handle the goddamn seastone cuffs.
    The ship was truly left with the worst group of crew members to guard it. No real fighter in the bunch. As stupid as it was that they didn't finish off the art hag the first time she fell, it was still kind of natural for these particular people.

The scene of Bartolomeo spotting Zoro was pretty funny. The dude really is a huge Straw hat fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    No real fighter in the bunch.
    Nonsense. Brook is totally a badass.

As stupid as it was that they didn't finish off the art hag the first time she fell, it was still kind of natural for these particular people.
    Frankly, they didn't NEED to finish her off, because she's a fruit user, and they had cuffs. They just needed the ONE FUCKING PERSON present that could actually TOUCH the cuffs to not be a chickenshit for 10 SECONDS, and cuff a fucking unconscious person.

The scene of Bartolomeo spotting Zoro was pretty funny. The dude really is a huge Straw hat fan.
    I liked that he said Zoro was considered the Vice Captain(1st Mate). I'd always felt that way, but nobody in series had ever said it before. He's always just described as the Strawhat's swordsman/warrior.

Nonsense. Brook is totally a badass.
    Yeah, he is, but he's an artist first, fighter second, like we saw during this fight as well. Which is just fine, since that's his role and he's pulling it off well. A bard in RPG terms.

Frankly, they didn't NEED to finish her off, because she's a fruit user, and they had cuffs. They just needed the ONE FUCKING PERSON present that could actually TOUCH the cuffs to not be a chickenshit for 10 SECONDS, and cuff a fucking unconscious person.
    I counted that as finishing her off. The same as kicking her into the sea. That is, doing anything at all to make sure she wouldn't stand up and continue the fight.

I liked that he said Zoro was considered the Vice Captain(1st Mate). I'd always felt that way, but nobody in series had ever said it before. He's always just described as the Strawhat's swordsman/warrior.
    My memory being what it is, I can't be absolutely sure, but I have quite a solid feeling Zoro has been called that before, in one way or another. At the very least the second in command if not vice captain literally.

Yeah, he is, but he's an artist first, fighter second, like we saw during this fight as well.
    No we didn't. We saw him PRETENDING to be an artist first, so he could stab the shit out of her.

No we didn't. We saw him PRETENDING to be an artist first, so he could stab the shit out of her.
    Nah, he was only pretending to be an artist sharing the hag's artistic sense. Obviously in reality they were lightyears apart. Brook is a rocking musician, the hag was... Dunno, a hypocritical expressionist or something. Fighting isn't the point for Brook, even if he can do it really well. Though he does even that rather artistically, if you think about it, and for example compare his sword fights with Zoro's.

Fighting isn't the point for Brook, even if he can do it really well.
    That's like saying fighting isn't the point of Sanji, cooking is. Even though he's the 3rd strongest member of the crew.

Or, god help us, fighting isn't the point of Luffy, leading is.

The Strawhats break down into two groups of people. Those you can fight, and don't mind it, and those who can fight, but never want to.

Brook does not belong in the latter group with Nami, Usopp and Chopper. He's a legitimate badass who has no problem throwing down, even though, like Robin, he doesn't have any particular interest in it.