Thread: One Piece Episode 654

One Piece Episode 654

Episode 654 - HS

- - - - - --- -

Sanji picked quite a big opponent. It was obvious he would intercept Flamingo as soon as it was revealed Law was afraid of the ship getting spotted by Flamingo, but in the beginning of this arc I didn't foresee Sanji fighting the number 1 villain. Though I very much doubt he will actually beat Flamingo for good. I guess the rest of the crew and the little folks finally attacking the factory will force Flamingo to excuse himself. Escaping from the blind admiral shouldn't be too hard afterwards.

Yeah, I mean, I love Sanji, but he couldn't even beat Vergo, and Vergo was just Donflamingo's henchman. I don't see him winning this.

Animation was particularly bad in this episode too.

Pretty much anytime anything looks bad quality, underwhelming, or drawn out, it's likely because it was just the animators stretching shit out or adding filler. This arc still isn't over yet in the manga, and Oda takes a lot of weeks off.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Speaking of Vergo, I wonder if Sanji is still injured from his fight with Vergo. During that fight it showed him fracturing his leg against Vergo's Armament Haki.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Speaking of Vergo, I wonder if Sanji is still injured from his fight with Vergo. During that fight it showed him fracturing his leg against Vergo's Armament Haki.
    Sanji already fought all those nameless goons, so I'd suppose Chopper's miracle poultice already healed something as trivial as a broken bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Sanji already fought all those nameless goons, so I'd suppose Chopper's miracle poultice already healed something as trivial as a broken bone.
    Assuming Chopper or even Sanji was aware that it happened.

I just assumed it was one of those kinds of anime injuries that won't pop up again until he's really pressed. Which he's probably about to be.

That might very well happen. Although to be honest Flamingo likely is so tough that Sanji in his best shape wouldn't stand a chance unless something unexpected happens, so it would feel a bit cheesy if Sanji was sporting a handicap to boot.