Thread: One Piece Episode 655

One Piece Episode 655

Episode 655 - HS

-- --- - - - - -

An alliance where nobody sticks to the plan. But I suppose since this is so personal for Law that despite the fact he's himself deviating, or rather now revealing his real plan, it makes even more sense he was so pissed off when the Straw hats were earlier doing whatever they wanted. Although who knows, I still don't really feel like he's a man attempting a suicide strike. It might be just talk to keep Flamingo more wary and to buy a little bit of time.

The ship guardian quartet was bloody annoying in this episode. They did nothing but scream and stare. After all the fights they have been through, you'd think they had a bit more wits and battle readiness.

Sanji's fight against Flamingo went pretty much as expected. He's not at that level yet. Possibly never will be, considering fighting is only his third interest after cooking and women. Or women and cooking. Or cooking for women.

I liked that they called themselves the Spiral Hats. Go Captain Sanji!

I think it's very unexpected that they're splitting up to separate islands. Makes me wonder if they aren't going to have their own separate adventure, like Luffy did when he got sent to Amazon Lily.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I think it's very unexpected that they're splitting up to separate islands. Makes me wonder if they aren't going to have their own separate adventure...
    Yeah, a filler adventure, you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Yeah, a filler adventure, you mean.
    Well...it wasn't. I mean, Luffy's solo adventure damn sure wasn't filler.

I still haven't read the manga for ages, but I'm under an impression we are impressively close to the latest manga chapter. A filler arc would help the anime studio more than the usual stretching. What's a better opportunity than the crew splitting and one half sailing away from the established action? They could basically encounter anything on their way to the other island and, moreover, the two toughest fighters are absent (among others), as well as the two people who could fix the ship. That means any danger they encounter could actually feel like a danger without the need to force a handicap to cripple Luffy and Zoro.