Thread: One Piece Episode 657

One Piece Episode 657

[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 657 [1080p]

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting real tired of Rebecca's anti-violence "fighting", hope that shit gets finished soon.

Bartolomeo's reaction at the end was pretty hilarious, lol

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I'm getting real tired of Rebecca's anti-violence "fighting", hope that shit gets finished soon.
    It would actually be quite nice if she suddenly dropped the act against a tough opponent, cutting deep and winning that way, when nobody, the opponent included, wouldn't have expected such. But in reality it's no doubt some bullshit about not hurting anybody when she's been hurt so much herself.

This episode was otherwise so useless that only Bartolomeo saved it. That guy is hilarious.

Yeah, unfortunately the D block fight has already been going on for about twice as long as it did in the manga, but I suppose that's to be expected.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It would actually be quite nice if she suddenly dropped the act against a tough opponent, cutting deep and winning that way, when nobody, the opponent included, wouldn't have expected such. But in reality it's no doubt some bullshit about not hurting anybody when she's been hurt so much herself.
    I don't really have a problem with the gimmick, or the philosophy behind it. But it's not particularly entertaining to watch, and they're spending too much time on it.

We get it, she's a Technical Pacifist. She's ring-outs people. Move on.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if she wasn't a fricking gladiator. A professional gladiator who refuses to fight. That's like a pilot who refuses to fly. A physician who wouldn't meet patients. A teacher who declines to share knowledge. An actor who won't act (okay, there's Steven Seagal, a bad comparison). It'd be unbelievable arrogance that she walks there, especially now when fighting outsiders (not her loser friends behind the bars), and thinks she can take on all these mofos and multi-million bounty cutthroats without fighting back without everything she has got.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if she wasn't a fricking gladiator. A professional gladiator who refuses to fight. That's like a pilot who refuses to fly. A physician who wouldn't meet patients. A teacher who declines to share knowledge. An actor who won't act (okay, there's Steven Seagal, a bad comparison).
    It's...actually nothing like any of those things. Because those people all CHOSE their jobs.

Did you forget that gladiators like her are prisoners being forced to fight? It's not like it's her goddamn career choice. She doesn't want to hurt people, but is being forced to fight in the arena. I have no problem with her non-lethal fighting style.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 08-18-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Nah, she totally wants to win to prove something. I don't remember anymore what if she's told it already. If she was as much against it as you suggested, she would have fought for a while and then let herself be pushed out of the platform to be done with it. But no, she's in aiming for the finals. That means she's not simply forced to fight against her will. She's forced to fight in accordance with her own will. We even saw the flashback with the soldier where he told her she's not ready yet, trying to hold back her eagerness to participate in some deadly competition. Just look at her friends: They are all losers with a slave mentality and probably like you said: They don't have the will to fight for real. But Rebecca totally has the will to fight and that's why she's strong despite her stupid voluntary handicap. She has the will to fight but not the will to cut. In other words she has no respect for the fights. I suppose I can partially understand that considering the whole spectacle is designed by her archenemy, so by offering less violence and less blood she's in fact insulting Flamingo. But is that her real reason?

Nah, she totally wants to win to prove something. I don't remember anymore what if she's told it already.
    She said she wants the fruit to kill Donflamingo. They already said that this particular event was voluntary. But most of them aren't. Remember the whole "survive 1000 matches and you go free" thing they talked about before?

But the simple fact is, if this is the fighting style she's been using in the colosseum for the last decade or whatever, and she's never even been hit before, it would be stupid of her to try and do a bunch of stuff she's never done before now.

I suppose I can partially understand that considering the whole spectacle is designed by her archenemy, so by offering less violence and less blood she's in fact insulting Flamingo. But is that her real reason?
    No, the flashbacks made it pretty clear. Her reason is because her mother told her she shouldn't hurt people, but Soldier said she needed to become strong to protect herself. This is how she's doing both. She's a completely defensive fighter.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 08-18-2014 at 08:47 PM.