Thread: GTX 550 ti graphics card not working??

GTX 550 ti graphics card not working??

Hey guys seems I always find help on this forum so once again I'm back seeing if anyone can help with my day to day struggles haha :P

Recently I purchased an EVGA GTX 550 ti graphics card 'second hand' picked it up pretty cheap on an auction site 'great condition for the price!'

Anyway turns out I had to go buy some things before I installed it into my PC. Had to go and purchase a 4 to 6 pin adapter so I could get power to the card and a DVI-VGA adapter. The graphics card has two 'dvi ports' and a mini hdmi port. My Samsung monitor has only VGA and a DVI ports. So after the extra components were purchased I finally put the card into my PC everything seemed to go smooth for once, PC started up fine visuals going fine as usual just abit blurry as I hadn't installed the graphics drivers. PC running windows 7 automatically installed new driver software.

Everything still going fine Drivers installed successfully. Then it required for a PC restart. Click okay. PC restarts but no visuals are coming up the computer is on makes a beeping noise like usual to show the graphics card is running fine but my Monitor displays "check signal cable with a red green and blue box underneath the message that floats around on my screen. check all the cables fastened on tight and I know the vga cable isn't the problem it was working fine just before. Did so google search into the problem sounds pretty common with Samsung monitors but I just can't seem to figure out why it isn't displaying any visuals after the driver updates? If anyone could help I would much appreciate it turns out installing a new graphics card could be harder than I thought .... :P

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    start in safe mode.
    If there's an image, chose a low resolution before restarting.
    See what happens.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    start in safe mode.
    If there's an image, chose a low resolution before restarting.
    See what happens.
    Good place to start. If it boots to safemode but not to normal mode, uninstall the driver and see if it boots to normal mode with standard vga. Then try another driver, maybe even a beta one. Also, check firmware version on the card, maybe the previous owner updated to a goofy firmware version or it needs to be updated.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?