Thread: Naruto 696

Naruto 696

Chapter 696

The chakra shroud Naruto has kind of looks like this...., which was known as an Asura at time. Kishi must really like Indian Mythology.

Something something fire beats wind beats lightning. I wonder if that is going to finally come into play soon, since they had first referenced that when they discovered Naruto's affinity.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Has the crow that Itachi stuffed inside Naruto's throat appeared yet?

Spirit Bomb!!!!!! I choose youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... Goooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Something something fire beats wind beats lightning. I wonder if that is going to finally come into play soon, since they had first referenced that when they discovered Naruto's affinity.
    That came into play when they combined the rasengan and amaterasu to attack Obito.

Yes, that's what broke Kabuto's control over Zombie Itachi.

ANBU Captain
    Only technique/power up yet to be revealed is what the 1st passed/told sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Only technique/power up yet to be revealed is what the 1st passed/told sasuke.
    Yeah I think your right? That was right before Sasuke got Jedi held in the air by Madara and stabbed? Wait did sasuke not get super healing or something like that? No wait that is when Kabuto had to arrive to save him right? Whatever....

On another note though Naruto can't kill Sasuke can he? I know he says he is not trying too. But even if he wanted to if Naruto kills sasuke than he can't do his half of the unsealing or de-moons eye plan release.... Right?

Well two things could happen. Sasuke is fatally injured and offers to do the release before dying... or after sasuke dies than the Sage of Lazy paths could perhaps give Naruto both halfs of the power so he can preform the release? But both of those possibilities seem unlikely.

If Naruto killed Sasuke (which he won't) he could just take Sasuke's eyes and then have the power of the SotSP. Or he could take Madara's eyes and develop the upgrade himself.

This is turning out to be a real shitty ending. We've got what, 4 chapters left to not only conclude this fight but also free the tailed beasts, free the world from the Mugen Tsukoyomi, tell everyone what happened, decide who will be Hokage (remmeber Tsuande isn't dead yet so no guarantee anyone new will be crowned), establish a new Village system or alliance and set up a legacy for the future.

Either there is going to be a Naruto Z/GT after this, or this will be incredibly rushed, particularly when you consider relatively minor fights like those between Sakura/Chio and Sasori took so long.

I have a feeling another Naruto manga will come out taking place in the future.

I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Yes. If I recall, it was used on the zombie Itachi to cancel out the mind-control effects Kabuto had on him.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Thought this chapter was at least a significant improvement from the previous one. The whole Kyuubi clone or whatever that was gathering sage chakra for Naruto was pretty cool. At least we're still seeing a few shreds of strategy in this final battle.