Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Yeah, that tamer should have died 10 times over while he was talking. Bell is just being absolutely ridiculous here.

Episode 11

- --- --

Yeah, I didn't really enjoy the fight that much. The deus ex danmachina was a little bit too thick. Ais, Bete & gang fighting that xenomorphic monster would have been sweet, though. The only remotely good part was Bell charging his blade with the spell reflection, but even so it's kind of strange the reflection is stronger than the original spell. It was pretty much obvious the monster wouldn't want to listen to the tamer's annoying ramblings, unlike Bell and Ryu, who seem to possess +1000% resistance to madmen speeches. The Tamer finally kicking the bucket was the best part of the episode, no doubt about it.

Now I hope the monster lost Bell & Ryu's trail and those two just need to survive the far too deep layer facing its ordinary dangers.

Another annoying thing was Bell's party acting like absolute n00bs. I get it that it's hard to even imagine leaving Bell behind, but what good would all of them dying do? When they noticed the floor boss spawning, they took all the time in the world to get moving and thus failed to flee. Such amateurs have no business being anywhere near floor 27. They should restart from floor 1.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't know if it was that the reflection was supposed to be stronger than the original, or that Bell just wanted to use the move as a distraction in order to surprise the monster.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Bell got his 10 minutes rewind, I forgot she was Marie. Instant arm reattach and fully healed/functionnal as if nothing ever happened...

I get it that Bell will probably be the first adventurer to evolve to level 5, so he needs to overcome hardships. But maybe that's a little too much ?

Speaking about levels: my guess is that that white floors tale is from low level adventurers compared to Bell now.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    I get it that Bell will probably be the first adventurer to evolve to level 5, so he needs to overcome hardships. But maybe that's a little too much ?
    What do you mean? Every one of the strong adventurers has evolved to level 5 normally, as far as I know. I might be remembering wrong, but aren't Ais, Bete, Ottarl (I think that was he, the dude serving the sexy goddess Freya), and maybe some others, level 6 now?

I thought many of them are lvl 5. Ais should be 5, as are some of her buddies in that guild. I think Finn may be level 6 and the head guy from Freya's guild is lvl 7

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Oh, I did not catch that. I thought at some point Ais was to be the first level 5 in history. Maybe I got that wrong, first season it was, long ago.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Oh, I did not catch that. I thought at some point Ais was to be the first level 5 in history. Maybe I got that wrong, first season it was, long ago.
    Ais is famous for leveling up in an unmatched record time. That is, before Bell appeared and broke those records by being even faster. But yeah, it's not like Ais would be the strongest person around, she just got strong quicker than those before her.

---

Fuck, are we STILL on this?!

I'm so bored by this now.

The party is putting up quite a decent fight against the twin-headed sea dragon. Probably because while the thing has two devastatingly powerful special skills, it's clearly not too smart.

I'm a little bit disappointed the disaster monster found Bell & Ryu so fast. Considering those two are half dead, they can't really fight. Not that they could have fought against it from the beginning. If they can't fight, they must deal with it by other means. I hope it will be innovative.

I was getting deadly bored of the despondent sunday prophet girl's depression, so it's great she got over it for the time being.

Everyone in the show is boring! Hestia is the only fun character, and she's been sidelined for 2 seasons now!

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    The whole "speaking monster" thing ruined the show.
    The Mermaid is just another example of this.

The show and dungeon should've remained a reverse "SAO Tower"

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The whole "speaking monster" thing ruined the show.
    The Mermaid is just another example of this.

The show and dungeon should've remained a reverse "SAO Tower"
    If it had remained that simple, the story would have been over very soon. The bigger story is obviously more complicated, but sometimes I do feel like the anime, maybe also the original novels, I wouldn't know, can't really handle the deeper things in a very smooth manner. I'm especially annoyed by the frequent Uranus scenes, which try really hard to be all mysterious, grandiose, and foreboding, but in the end it never feels like they achieve anything. Nevertheless, the situation is not static, that much is clear. Maybe the talking and feeling monsters are the dungeon's way of trying to break the stalemate.

Nothing should ever be SAO anything.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    A rogue god and the in-fighting between the gods themselves are enough material for multiple seasons.
    Not to mention what is going on with all the characters themselves and their pasts.
    The mystery of the dungeon itself and why the gods don't do jack in there or aren't allowed and the purpose of it etc. is still mostly unknown. (Pandora's box or something?)

The dungeon could've - and probably should've - remained a place without allies.
    Now a monster can show up at any point that is part of the "Xenos group" and help Bell, which is exactly what has happened here.
    The mermaid came out of flipping nowhere and is all alone and somehow able to survive just fine for no real reason other than running away, but running away for some reason doesn't work for anyone else as the dungeon shits out monsters left and right.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 01-06-2023 at 07:15 PM.

I don't care about the CGI twin dragon fight.
    I do care about the whole Deep Floor thing. That seems interesting and unexplored. I agree with Krayz33 in that with the introduction of Xenos floating around, I'm expecting Minotaur to come save the day if things get rough.

- ---- - - -

Aside from Bell losing his cool all the time, the deep floors part is actually pretty nice. It's the minimal resources, 1 HP adventure that one could only clear in a game with copious amounts of saves and reloads. Ryu and Bell's cooperation works well, which is enjoyable to watch for a Ryu fan.

However, Cassandra is really getting on my nerves. Assuming she makes it out alive, she should immediately stop being an adventurer and never enter the dungeon again. She's a giant, unnecessary weakness for any group. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if now, believing she caused Haruhime to sacrifice herself, Cassandra still wouldn't try anything to make up for it. I bet she will still keep standing still, wallowing in absolute self-pity. I should give props to the author for creating such a detestable character.

The deep floors give a "Exploring caves in a FromSoftware Game" vibe, which is great.

As for the dragon bossfight, I was waiting all episode for the spell that Chibi asked the spellcasters to ready, but it never happened. I reckon Haruhime got rescued there by the rescue party people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I reckon Haruhime got rescued there by the rescue party people.
    That's what I'm expecting as well. There's no way a girl picked up by Bell would die. Even if he didn't pick her up in the dungeon.

Episode 14

- - - - - - -

The dragon fight conclusion was better than I expected. It was kind of dodgy, but I didn't dislike it. Did Haruhime have a fire resistance cloak? I don't remember anymore, but it felt like the video paid attention to her cloak flying away. I guess there had to be a reason to why she survived. Mikoto's spell also finished, thanks to her pearl hunting lungs. I think I preferred this sort of ending to one where they simply get rescued.

What comes to Bell and Ryu, nothing happened, but I still can't help but be baffled by how they don't check to see if the corpses still carry some usable gear. Bell and Ryu have absolutely nothing, apart from daggers, basically, but the cadavers seemed promising.

I thought there was going to be something safe about the "rooms" being dead ends, but nope they're literally just dead ends. Monsters will still approach.

As for the dragon, yeah I enjoyed it more than I expected. Mikoto just survived lol. No rescue, just... endured the fish and suffocation.

edit: Also, another case of official subs not necessarily being error-free - Mikoto says they can't win, not unless she's willing to risk her life. The subs say she can't lose, which was confusing.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 01-21-2023 at 08:41 AM.