Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

They pretty much turned an ominous murder case into a hotspring-episode with all their comments about boobs, flat chests and stripping all the women of the village off their clothes.

If you found this episode more interesting than any episode of s1, for example the episode where the hero is forced to go to a deeper level because a horde of strong enemies is coming up from behind, then that´s a really odd opinion.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    30s of comedy in a show that always had comedy in it "ruined" it? Especially in a fanservice heavy one like DanMachi?
    This episode alone had more story to it than the whole main series.

On top of that, what is "interesting" in them running away from monsters?

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    You know, judging from this screenshot, it really suggests the stats reset on levelling up.

Also, Aiz is second to Hestia for showing her back, but don't mind me. I like her back.
    Not sure, even in the Light Novels it is not explained clearly how their stats work on a level up. I suspect their base stats are there and present, just not visible on the level 2 sheet. I can't see them entering the dungeon with 0 stats, that's like asking to be killed and they do not start over at floor 1. I suspect their base level stats are there and maybe build on to their current level kind of like a passive skill or in this case passive hidden stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Not sure, even in the Light Novels it is not explained clearly how their stats work on a level up. I suspect their base stats are there and present, just not visible on the level 2 sheet. I can't see them entering the dungeon with 0 stats, that's like asking to be killed and they do not start over at floor 1. I suspect their base level stats are there and maybe build on to their current level kind of like a passive skill or in this case passive hidden stats.
    Of course they are. A level 2 character is automatically stronger than a level 1 character, on a theoretical level at least, as individual skills, bravery, battle sense, and wits naturally differ between people (as the useless elf is demonstrating to us every time). These stats are more like exp divided to different categories, and they need to be filled up before levelling up can happen.

episode 5 is out
    -----------------

so boring :/ Every time someone in this anime says "oh no, im about to die, this was it ...?", you KNOW it´s not gonna happen. Because NOBODY on the good guys´ side ever dies, unless it happens as part of first or last episode. God, the battles are so drab in this anime. Aiz´ battles are boring, too, because it´s just slashing enemies with super ease, no effort in it at all.

Also, I´m very curious if the assassin/tamer girl gets to live. She´s got a quality design and is female, so this points towards her surviving. Which would be utter bullshit. She murdered at least one innocent guy. Fuck her. She should be killed or at least spend 20+ years in prison.
    But I have a feeling she´ll be be forgiving because of apologizing at some point and joining the heroes. Fuck this.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

This episode was about Aiz getting depressed because she couldn't simply handle a fight by slashing enemies with super ease. This story is far more complex than the main story, but maybe it just doesn't suit your tastes because it's not about Bell.

The only thing that bothers me greatly is the bloody useless elf who is always there to make things more difficult for the others. It would have been so satisfying if she had got eaten by a monster.

Episode 6

- -- - -- --

The less useless elf an episode has, the better it is.

All in all it's interesting to watch Aiz pondering other stuff than just fighting and getting stronger. Naturally it's Bell that bothers her the most. It's funny that witnessing Bell having got so much stronger so quickly affected her more than hearing she levelled up herself. With this slow pace, who knows if we get to see the minotaur fight again. It would be a pity if we don't. Maybe it's in the last ep.

I sure hope so! That's basically why I'm watching this!

Pacing wise, next ep or the ep after should be the minotaur fight.
    Next ep will certainly feature their training session though.

I think this show is quite interesting, seeing how much goes on behind the scenes and the way it connects to the main series.

Episode 7

-- - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Pacing wise, next ep or the ep after should be the minotaur fight.
    Next ep will certainly feature their training session though.
    Now you know why I was wondering about it. This is a totally different show from the main one because the bigger things are shown here, not in Bell's small circles as Bell is far too weak to face shit like this. Since I don't read the original novels (assuming they are even translated) I don't know when Bell joins the center, but I guess he woud have to sooner or later, being the main character of the main story. But waiting for that, waiting for him to grow great, we are seeing these preludes from other people's perspectives.

Unfortunately high amounts of useless elf in this episode. At least there's Acceler... Bete to make things more interesting.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Finn's fight from 2 episodes ago was the best fight so far. Thinking during a fight is the most entertaining (aside from being OP as fuck and just blowing shit up with a catchy BGM).

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Episode 09

------------------

HAHAHAHAHA, Aiz just wants to get stronger and doesn't give a shit about Bell romantically. This goes beyond friendzoning.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Jounin
    Episode 09

------------------

HAHAHAHAHA, Aiz just wants to get stronger and doesn't give a shit about Bell romantically. This goes beyond friendzoning.
    If they ever decide to animate the other volumes, there is a funny moment concerning this.

Aiz just wants to get stronger and doesn't give a shit about Bell romantically. This goes beyond friendzoning.
    It has been evident for a long time that Aiz has troubles with human emotions and is interested in very few things aside from getting stronger. It's not like one Bell appearing would suddenly change something that has been going on for a long time. However, she is paying Bell more attention out of a purely personal interest than pretty much any other character. It might not be due to anything romantic, but it's still a change for her.

It's a pity this episode once again concentrated so much on the useless elf. I guess it's because they didn't want to repeat anything from the original show, but it doesn't change the unfortunate fact it's all aggravating wasted time. I wonder if there's even a 2% minority among the audience who would enjoy watching that dumb character.

I'm starting to doubt whether we'll actually see the Minotaur scene

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'm starting to doubt whether we'll actually see the Minotaur scene
    I reckon this season might end with it. They cut out a sizable portion of the previous arc, which saved them a couple of eps at least (and allowed them to make this anime more children friendly).

Just caught up to episode 9 of Oratoria, and I like revisiting this world... but man, the main character in this one sucks major ass. Can we kill her already? I'm sure it'll give Ais good development.

Episode 10

- - -- --

I feel like I could never predict how this compares to the manga adaptation. Certainly they kept skipping a lot more material. The manga took its sweet time to get to the minotaur fight, but this passed the whole thing very quickly. That being said, this has now gone past the scanlation, so for the first time I don't anymore know what's going to happen next. That's at least good. I hope the rest won't be wasted on the useless elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Episode 10

- - -- --

I feel like I could never predict how this compares to the manga adaptation. Certainly they kept skipping a lot more material. The manga took its sweet time to get to the minotaur fight, but this passed the whole thing very quickly. That being said, this has now gone past the scanlation, so for the first time I don't anymore know what's going to happen next. That's at least good. I hope the rest won't be wasted on the useless elf.
    Yes, no more useless elf... or at least I hope she at minimum redeems herself somehow, but I don't think that's possible.

In any case, cool to see the Minotaur fight again. I think that was my highlight of the first series.

asdgasdgvadv....

Meeeh, the original Minotaur fight was like 500 times better and then some, the music had no impact at all this time around.

And that's not due to me having it seen several times already, I can watch that (original version) scene like 20 times in a row and still think it's cool.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 06-17-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Episode 11:
    https://nyaa.si/view/933091/torrent

What a fucking boring episode. One more episode to go, and it has all the ingredients for an underwhelming rushed ending. And all that crap about level 59, no one has come here but the gods and what not, and the journey was incredibly easy. What a waste of an episode.