Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Given that is has shown up as a teaser for the upcoming arc which is coming in a week or two, I say yes.
    If it's not actually in the episode, I say no.

Not everyone that watches a show scours the internet for press releases or trailers or whatever.

episode 76 is out
    ------------------

ok .... it actually ... feels like ... Kuririn is ... making his comeback?!

I swear, fu DBS if these last 2 episodes lead to nothing. Itīs the perfect setup for making Kuririn important again. I even thought that they could execute a fantastic throwback to pre-timeskip DB: Remember that devil guy on Uranai Babaīs fighting team? The one who had the ability to expand an opponentīs inner evil so that heīd explode? They could touch upon that to introduce "abilities" as a tangible concept, similar to Hitīs timestop ability. Therefore giving guys like Kuririn and other weaker characters a tool to compete on a universe-level.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

While I completely agree, I can't really see them introducing the equivalent of Stands/Nen abilities at this point in Dragonball.

Also, I love Toriyama, but I don't think he's that clever a writer to be able to handle that.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Even if they introduce unique techniques or abilities if their own power level aint on par with the top out there, then would it even help them?
    The show needs more techniques instead of just powering through everything like they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Even if they introduce unique techniques or abilities if their own power level aint on par with the top out there, then would it even help them?
    It depends on the power obviously.

If your power is giving someone a heart attack by looking at them or making anything you touch explode, then power level is kind of irrelevant.

Well, Neo is kinda right. A certain base power upgrade is definitely needed. What good is the power to explode things you touch, when your target can take the power of the explosion without much harm? Goku probably would survive being thrown into the sun xD

But Iīm hopeful that such base upgrade is possible. Weīve seen in this latest episode how important both energy control and your trust/will/belief in yourself are. Goku is a natural fighter, a genius with unbreakable confidence, so his power was able to rise continuously. Maybe someone like Kuririn can achieve a major base power upgrade by believing in his power and controling his power flow, thus unlocking the "human god"-transformation. Whereas the saiyajin reached saiyajin god-mode by pretty much brute forcing their way to it, humans could unlock it with the mixture of deep belief and masterful ki-controls. Of course, there should be some sort of risky training involved to explain why Kuririn didnīt do it before ;P

Ah well ... I just want Kuririn (and Gohan) to matter again.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Well, Neo is kinda right. A certain base power upgrade is definitely needed. What good is the power to explode things you touch, when your target can take the power of the explosion without much harm? Goku probably would survive being thrown into the sun xD

But Iīm hopeful that such base upgrade is possible. Weīve seen in this latest episode how important both energy control and your trust/will/belief in yourself are. Goku is a natural fighter, a genius with unbreakable confidence, so his power was able to rise continuously. Maybe someone like Kuririn can achieve a major base power upgrade by believing in his power and controling his power flow, thus unlocking the "human god"-transformation. Whereas the saiyajin reached saiyajin god-mode by pretty much brute forcing their way to it, humans could unlock it with the mixture of deep belief and masterful ki-controls. Of course, there should be some sort of risky training involved to explain why Kuririn didnīt do it before ;P

Ah well ... I just want Kuririn (and Gohan) to matter again.
    we all want that, seems like gohan and krillin found themselves once again, with gohan being back the saiyaman and krillin shaving his head...

next episode we will start the new arc? seems like goku is trying to make the tournament happen... also bulma is pregnant again?Q!?~?!!?!?

Well, Neo is kinda right. A certain base power upgrade is definitely needed. What good is the power to explode things you touch, when your target can take the power of the explosion without much harm? Goku probably would survive being thrown into the sun
    And what about something like Kira's power from Jojo where the thing he touches BECOMES the bomb. There's no power to withstand because literally every individual cell explodes on it's own, leaving not even ashes behind.

But Iīm hopeful that such base upgrade is possible. Weīve seen in this latest episode how important both energy control and your trust/will/belief in yourself are.
    It's kind of pointless unless the power is something that Goku can't also just obtain.

A new unique ability is useless in terms closing the gap for other characters is Goku is just going to immediately start using it after he sees it done a couple times.

Remember how amazing Destructo Disc was? And how cool Krillin would be if he was the only one that could do it? Instead, every other character saw how cool it was and just started doing it themselves.

Maybe someone like Kuririn can achieve a major base power upgrade by believing in his power and controling his power flow, thus unlocking the "human god"-transformation. Whereas the saiyajin reached saiyajin god-mode by pretty much brute forcing their way to it, humans could unlock it with the mixture of deep belief and masterful ki-controls. Of course, there should be some sort of risky training involved to explain why Kuririn didnīt do it before
    I think it's much more likely that, with the next arc introducing another 11 universes of characters, that new and undreamed of power ups and upgrade paths are going to be introduced and some of them might be adopted by the main cast.

Like "Oh, we have this magic fruit that gives you random magic powers. Beat me and I'll let you have one."

Quote Originally Posted by ForteCross View Post
    also bulma is pregnant again?Q!?~?!!?!?
    Yeah, with Bulla obviously.

She was in DBZ's epilogue after all, which takes place after Super.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 01-29-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Lets just hope that the loser of the tournament DOESN'T get their universe destroyed. Or Goku would have incited total genocide.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Yeah, I don`t see krillin getting a power up that will make him surprass SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 and SSG all in one shot. That would be absurd even by DB standards, the best they can do is make the teams into brackets of about equal level and make it point based.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Well, it wouldnīt be *that* absurd if the explained that humans actually have enormous fighting potential. I mean, look at them. So far theyīre like the weakest race in the entire universe. Any alien species Goku encounters has some fighting capability, can fly, transform and so on. But look at humans. Simply flying is a similar to magic for most of them. Energy attacks? Must be special effects. Theyīre so ... weak! Would be cool to have this subverted into the opposite.

Ofc I agree that itīd have to be explained properly to not come off as cheap.

So far theyīre like the weakest race in the entire universe. Any alien species Goku encounters has some fighting capability, can fly, transform and so on.
    You say that, but Krillin is able to defeat the vast majority of aliens that they encounter, since most of the aliens in the series are Freeza minions. And out of the hundreds of those that have appeared in the series, only, like, 10 of them are stronger than Krillin.

True, but Kuririn is also THE strongest human, and heīs got several unusual upgrades (trained by god, awakened by the old Namek village chief). Talking about average humans and average aliens here.

If anything, Kuririn being as strong as he is, is a good base for more power growth.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    He's also like something close to 50 years old, short and can't even take on SSJ1.

Currently the episode retrained his focus on getting stronger maintaining good control. Control only gets you so far in the face of brute force power.

It's wishful thinking, but Krillin can't be realistically strong at this point. You've got better luck banking on Gohan instead.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    IMHO, as a human Videl has had a better potential than Kuririn. And I mean she had a lot more potential.
    She unlocked flight in mere days, on her own qualities, without magical/plot device help. But she married the wrong guy,who doesn't even care about his own potential.

Also, is Kuririn really human by DB standards ? Back to the nose problem...

I guess that the strongest human is muten roshi.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Kuririn is human, donīt discriminate against nose-less people, most anime girls these days donīt have them lol.

Kuririn was stronger than Videl even when he was, was, 12 years old as a pupil of Mutenroshiīs. Remember the 2nd tournament when he and Goku fought each other? Video never was on that level. And Kururin, too, learned flying by himself.

Again, Iīm not saying itīs easy to explain a reasonable powerupgrade for humans. But ... I feel it would be possible.

Worse case: All the weak non-saiyan characters (which even C17 counts for) get to partake in the upcoming tournament and can keep up with NO explanation given at all. Now that would suck :/

Worse case: All the weak non-saiyan characters (which even C17 counts for) get to partake in the upcoming tournament and can keep up with NO explanation given at all. Now that would suck :/
    neither C17 nor C18 should be as weak as krillin... remember that in the future they took all the Z fighters (including vegeta, goku was sick) and in the present they were stronger than SSJ 1...

the problem with the power ups is that the saiyans have the best passive skill in the universe, get kicked up? get stronger...

they could give the kaioken to most of the humans... which is a multiplicant like SSJ and the most skilled humans can get stronger kaiokens... the problem is the draw back of the form...

if they would say that humans can minimize the kaioken's drawbacks then it would allow them to use it more often, but then again we have the hybrid saiyans which will receive both passives...

Yeah, C17 is stronger than Kuririn, but both are infinitely closer in power than, say, C17 and Goku. Even Gohan is closer to Kuririn than to Goku.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    For Videl, I was just saying her potential is greater than Kuririn's.
    But she didn't hone her skills except for some days with Gohan. And in such a short time she was gifted enough to learn flight.
    She should have married a true martial artist and keep honing her skills, IMHO she had the potential to be stronger than Kuririn.

As for Kuririn's nose, in the original DB it has been stated he doesn't have one. His oponent was using an awfully stinking attack. Kuririn was reflexively reacting to it until Goku reminded him he has no nose and thus can't smell the attack...
    Of course, the author can forget a detail of the long past...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    As for Kuririn's nose, in the original DB it has been stated he doesn't have one. His oponent was using an awfully stinking attack. Kuririn was reflexively reacting to it until Goku reminded him he has no nose and thus can't smell the attack...
    Of course, the author can forget a detail of the long past...
    seems like self-joking more than implying that he is not human...