Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1493

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

I like that they make a big to-do every time a character gets eliminated,
    so at the very least, every one of these characters is going to have a name.
    Hopefully, they get more of a chance to show off their moves.

The wolf guys are doing surprisingly well for being the last arc's punching bags.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Was it an exact copy of the current Earth as it was the moment they made the wish?
    Well, I wouldn't think so, because U6 HAD an Earth, it was just destroyed. So I'm guessing U6's Earth was just restored to the way it was before it was destroyed. And it would have different humans on it, just like U6's Saiyans are different.

And for all we know, the reason U6 Earth was destroyed was because some crazy powerful humans fought on it, or they could have ended up having their own equivalent of Cell.

Makes me think about how huge Dr. Gero's boner would be if he were still around and could be getting samples from everyone at this tournament.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 07-02-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Being teleported to the sidelines was to be expected, but it was weird they never mentioned it before.

Kinda like the fighting, action everywhere Although Goku not transforming from the beginning is just shit. Conserving energy my ass, the sheer power difference between normal form and SSJ1 should be so enormous that it ridicules any opponent heīs been fighting without. And then thereīs SSJ2. And SSJ3. SSJG Blue. And SSJG Blue-Red. Sigh. If Goku can keep up without transforming, why not just cancel the tournament and declare him winner, lol.

Biggest bullshit, though: Kuririn using destructo disc. COME ON. Destructo disc is a pure killing move. You donīt use that unless you intend to kill.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Kinda like the fighting, action everywhere Although Goku not transforming from the beginning is just shit. Conserving energy my ass, the sheer power difference between normal form and SSJ1 should be so enormous that it ridicules any opponent heīs been fighting without. And then thereīs SSJ2. And SSJ3. SSJG Blue. And SSJG Blue-Red. Sigh. If Goku can keep up without transforming, why not just cancel the tournament and declare him winner, lol.
    Did you seriously think he WASN'T going to be able to keep up without transforming?

Base Goku is stronger than half the people on his own team. Of course he's going to be able to take on most of the people at the tournament that way. Why waste his energy when he's still fighting scrubs? That's a good way to run out of energy during one of the REAL fights.

Jounin
    Just had a thought after watching this episode. That Yardrat from Universe 2, is this a hidden Easter egg for the strongest fighter of them all? Few episodes back it was mentioned there is a fighter that a God of destruction cannot beat. Yardrats home are U6 and U7 correct? How did he fight for U2? I think the strongest fighter, even stronger than Jiren is the Yardrat. How else can you leave your home universe? That Yardrat must have a travel cube that he got from beating a God of destruction. If so, this Yardrat from U2 is stronger than Jiren I think. I think Jiren is a misdirection so we don't figure out the truth. What you guys and gals think?

If I am wrong, then we will find out as the Tournament progresses. I like my theory though.

a little ironic that someone with wings was the first to get knocked off

I was kinda expecting like 20-30 scrubs would get knocked off on the first episode, glad it didn't turn out that way

this arc might not be complete shit after all

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Speaking of Yardrats.... The instant transmission is a perfect technique for this tournament. Fall of the ring...teleport!
    If Goku were a smarter man he would have tried to teach them all that technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Yardrats home are U6 and U7 correct? How did he fight for U2?
    I feel like the IMMEDIATELY abandoned/forgot about the whole "paired universes are very similar" thing they established in the U6 arc. And now different races are just wherever the fuck they feel like.

For example, none of the other paired universes have GoDs of the same race like Beerus and Champa.

But I like your theory of a Yardrat that can IT across even universes.

Speaking of Yardrats.... The instant transmission is a perfect technique for this tournament. Fall of the ring...teleport!
    Well the solution to that, and flyers that aren't stupid like Lillibelle is fairly simple...

You knock them the fuck out and toss their unconscious bodies over the edge.

A cheap mobility power isn't much good if you get curbstomped.

If Goku were a smarter man he would have tried to teach them all that technique.
    If everyone in the series weren't stupid, they would have all learned how to Kioken, IT, Fusion Dance, Spirit Bomb, etc. ages ago.

Considering how often the fate of the universe hangs on these things, it's stupid they don't all learn these vital abilities, while everyone seems to learn the goddamn Solar Flare for some reason.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 07-02-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Did you seriously think he WASN'T going to be able to keep up without transforming?

Base Goku is stronger than half the people on his own team. Of course he's going to be able to take on most of the people at the tournament that way. Why waste his energy when he's still fighting scrubs? That's a good way to run out of energy during one of the REAL fights.
    If we apply any glimps of logic to this anime, then yes. There no "scrubs", these are the strongest fighters of their universes. Goku cannot tell how strong they really are, so a sudden hit could push him off the stage in his un-powered state.

@Yardrat: Itīs not even that it is the perfect rescue technique. Itīs the perfect offense skill. Slightly touch a stronger opponent, teleport above the abyss, teleport back without the opponent -> win.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

There no "scrubs", these are the strongest fighters of their universes.
    I would argue that. Again, Team 7 is full of potential scrubs, mostly because of the short time they had to find members. There's no reason to assume every other team would be completely immune to this same hardship.

Obviously U11 has their shit together because all of their universes strongest fighters are already organized into a team. But that doesn't mean every universe has that same benefit. I'm sure there were other universes scrambling to find enough people.

@Yardrat: Itīs not even that it is the perfect rescue technique. Itīs the perfect offense skill. Slightly touch a stronger opponent, teleport above the abyss, teleport back without the opponent -> win.
    I look forward to seeing that technique get absolutely destroyed by someone like Hit.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I would argue that. Again, Team 7 is full of potential scrubs, mostly because of the short time they had to find members. There's no reason to assume every other team would be completely immune to this same hardship.

Obviously U11 has their shit together because all of their universes strongest fighters are already organized into a team. But that doesn't mean every universe has that same benefit. I'm sure there were other universes scrambling to find enough people.

I look forward to seeing that technique get absolutely destroyed by someone like Hit.
    i am having trouble with hearing team 7 and not thinking about naruto... is there some symbolism i am missing?

regarding the pairing of the universes, seems like they did forgot about that but at the same time not all universes are participating so maybe the pairs are the stronger ones... on the other hand we all know that the more different characters that appear the more toys and merchandise they can make...

U11 does not only has their shit together because all the strongets fighters are already organized, they are also a working team from the get go, while gohan tried to create teamwork all the stronger characters just went to have fun.

regarding the timelimit, so about half of the chapter was the fight itself and... only 1 minute passed. if we go by DBZ standards 5 minutes were about 3 episodes? (namek's explosion) so 48 episodes is going to be about...
    5 x 9 = 45 minutes, 3 x 9 = 27 episodes to go, give or take...

Jounin
    I was thinking that too. There is no rule against using it. I would like to see Goku or the Yardrat use it and see Zeno's reaction and if the High Priest and Zeno will allow it lol. I think abilities only right? Aside from flying.

I think the Yardrat beat a God of Destruction, I think that GoD is Beerus. I am even wondering why Whis mentioned that there is a warrior that a GoD can't beat and Beerus attitude towards that event and wants to forget it happened. A Yardrat fighting for U2 has me thinking that he is that Yardrat that beat Beerus, which would make him the strongest of all the fighters. I know some think it will be Jiren but I think it is the Yardrat based on Whis and Beerus actions regarding the warrior a GoD can't beat.

When Toppo and his GoD were talking, it was as though the U11 GoD had no idea about Jiren's fighting abilities. So that means Jiren did not beat a God of Destruction. Wait and see what happens in the Tourney. See if my theory holds any weight as the tournament progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ForteCross View Post
    i am having trouble with hearing team 7 and not thinking about naruto... is there some symbolism i am missing?
    ...it's the fastest way to say "the team from universe 7".

Quote Originally Posted by ForteCross View Post
    regarding the pairing of the universes, seems like they did forgot about that but at the same time not all universes are participating so maybe the pairs are the stronger ones...
    We already know what the pairs are. They're the universes whose numbers make 13. So:

1 and 12
    2 and 11
    3 and 10
    4 and 9
    5 and 8
    6 and 7

Universes 1 and 12, and 5 and 8 are the four not in the tourament. Which means 2 and 11, 3 and 10, 4 and 9, and 6 and 7 are in the tournament. So the ones in the tournament are ALL pairs.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 07-03-2017 at 06:49 PM.

---

Okay, I was NOT expecting the universal erasures to take place DURING the tournament. I assumed they'd just do them all at the end. That removes a lot of the potential endings I saw for this arc. Because by the time we get to the end, most of the universes will already be dead.

I didn't care for the increased elimination pace of this episode either. Some characters got eliminated before we even got to see them do anything, or even found out their names.

Other than that though, lots of cool action. I'm really glad they introduced the barrier concept(unless it's been done before and I missed it). The idea of just armoring yourself with Ki seems really obvious(or maybe it just seems that way to me because it's such a basic Hunter X Hunter ability). And the fact that it's apparently new goes a long way towards explaining how badasses manage to get shot so much in this series.

I was kinda hoping it was something that would be introduced by one of the other universes and then Goku and co. would steal it, instead of them coming up with it.

There ARE some cool new abilities here, but they mostly seem genetic, rather than techniques. So it's nothing the main cast could learn from to get powerups from.

Well shit also wasn't expecting that.
    But man....those Angels just seem to be evil literally not caring about their universe being destroyed since it does not affect them at all.

But man....those Angels just seem to be evil literally not caring about their universe being destroyed since it does not affect them at all.
    It seems more than just not caring. The High Priest and U9's angel actually seem pleased watching a universe get wiped out.

Given that the angels are actually the strongest fighters in existence, I suppose it's inevitable that they'll become antagonists. I mean, you can't introduce characters stronger than Goku and not expect him to have to fight them eventually.

I actually hated how Goku just randomly pulled out this shield out of his magic hat/ass. This is shitty story-telling. Now we have to expect that anytime something bad happens towards our heroes, they pull out a new tech that they learned before. Because OF COURSE. Makes me remember how I stopped reading One Piece when Ruffy randomly had his Gear-technique, without there ever being word about it before the fight where he used it.

And sigh, dat preview. Kuririn, stop using destructo discs :/ Whatīs he gonna do if he actually hits that bird opponent and cuts him in half? Instant team loss.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm here thinking U9's angel was simply sick of putting up with U9's shit. Now he either gets some time off or start fresh.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Or this might all be some grand scheme by the head priest to cultivate the strongest being ever to take down Zeno in the end. I mean I don't think he could handle 1 Zeno let alone 2.

Maybe I am remembering this wrong but didn't they say that the Kai's and God's of Destruction were supposed to cultivate their Universe to create strong inhabitants? Why do they need to be strong? For what purpose?

How can anyone match Zenoīs power to simply have something/someone vanish?

Eh, it's still Dragonball logic. Overpowering something always works. Remember Hit's time stop? Goku just...overpowered it