Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1493

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

This one's for MFauli.

https://youtu.be/uPwVuC3YOrc?t=34m52s

109+110

---

Yep. That sure was a new form all right.

So he's discovered Ultra Instinct. Which the GoDs seem to know about. So hopefully it'll get an explanation at some point. But it's Dragon Ball...so probably not.

I liked the like Matrix graphical effect it had on it.

Hopefully, this is one of those "Once I've done it once, I can do it again whenever I want" like Super Saiyan God was, and he won't need a new Spirit Bomb every time he wants to take that form.

But yeah, it was an awesome fight.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 10-08-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Ultra Instinct doesn't seem to be quite enough to beat Jiren. That Jiren dude is crazy strong! God of Destruction level!

Quote Originally Posted by yapchagi View Post
    Ultra Instinct doesn't seem to be quite enough to beat Jiren. That Jiren dude is crazy strong! God of Destruction level!
    Yeah, but if Super Saiyan God was equal to Beerus at 70% of his power, then, this thing that's two transformations past that should be God of Destruction level as well.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Who said that SSJG is equal to 70% of Beerus's power? Was that in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Who said that SSJG is equal to 70% of Beerus's power? Was that in the movie?
    I believe so. I think he said "I only had to use 70% of my power" when talking to Whis at the end of the movie.

Jounin
    When they were discussing Jiren I thought I heard them say Hakai, but Horrible Subs or CR subs had no mention of it, over sight?

The reason Jiren was so strong was he was using Hakai powers that God of Destructions know. I know my Japanese is not that good but that is how I understood it. Am I wrong?

Good episode. I wonder how long the debate will rage on for as to if Goku absorbed the Genki Dama as many believed he would or take Whis word and that it was the trigger as he and Jiren pushed it back and forth cause it looked like the Genki Dama was nowhere near Goku to be absorbed in the way many will try to claim it was, simble fact is it exploded....

The movie Battle of Gods was made Canon as well as Resurrection of Frieza.

Ultra Instinct is umm... weird then and not a Saiyan trait as anyone can obtain it, which bums me out. Not so much a new form as they claimed it would be.
    Last edited by Shadow Skill; Sun, 10-08-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Speaking of Crunchyroll's subs, what the hell was up with the literal translation for Kaioken?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Good episode. I wonder how long the debate will rage on for as to if Goku absorbed the Genki Dama as many believed he would or take Whis word and that it was the trigger as he and Jiren pushed it back and forth cause it looked like the Genki Dama was nowhere near Goku to be absorbed in the way many will try to claim it was, simble fact is it exploded....
    He clearly did more than just absorb it, because he fucking vanished and then reappeared later. As if he'd somehow fallen outside of reality or something.

Ultra Instinct is umm... weird then and not a Saiyan trait as anyone can obtain it, which bums me out.
    I'm the exact opposite. The idea of a top-end powerup that's not limited to Goku and Vegeta for once sounds awesome.

Ultra Instinct Yamcha!

I will say this about Ultra Instinct, it's very similar to Street Fighters Power of Nothingness, which itself is based on some real Eastern philosophies.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 10-08-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    Speaking of Crunchyroll's subs, what the hell was up with the literal translation for Kaioken?
    What's wrong with translating Kaoiken as King Kai Fist for once? I much prefer translations that make sense.
    Thumbs up to Shadow Clone Technique, screw Kagebunshinojutsu. Translating these words mean they make sense to us, just like they make sense to the Japanese hearing it, rather than a bunch of romanised gibberish which you have to then look up.

Goku 100% absorbed the Genki Dama Spirit Bomb. That kept him powered through the Ultra-Instincts phase (which actually lets him land a punch and move fast).

Ultra-instinct seems distinct from battle styles. From Goku's POV, it seemed like he was surrounded by energy, and each of his every move (when he moved defensively) was in reaction to this flow of energy. That's why his fighting style was not characteristic of his own. Within the Ultra-Instinct phase, he simply moves in the most logical way to land hits or avoid hits based on the guidance of surrounding energy.

It was pretty much zombie Goku with a shit-ton of energy, super-fast movement and super-quick perception.

edit:

talking about a shit-ton of energy, the androids have infinite energy. That spirit bomb could have been immeasurable. But screw logic and easy wins, that's not what DB is about.

It's about meeting a super-strong opponent and punching them in base form just so everyone is clear that they're stronger than that.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 10-08-2017 at 02:07 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Jounin
    The Spirit Bomb did explode... so unless it acted as a type of Nuclear bomb and his body was radiated from the outside to in, then he did not absorb it. I think Goku was under the rubble/dust. That's my opinion is he was radiated with energy like a microwave from the explosion.

Ultra Instinct is not a ground breaking new form which I find boring if every nub can obtain it. All it is access to a new type of power or a new way to use the power. Not so much a power up. I guess if they intend to retcon, better to do it now from here on we all know what's going to happen if every person can use Ultra Instinct like Half Human Saiyan hybrids can use SSJ.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I thought the spirit bomb couldn't hurt you if you're a good guy...
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    What's wrong with translating Kaoiken as King Kai Fist for once? I much prefer translations that make sense.
    Because even the dub calls it Kaioken. And given that Funimation does both the dub, and the subs that Cruncyroll uses, it doesn't make sense they wouldn't use the same term for both.

Also, they've BEEN calling it Kaioken all along. What sense does it make to change it now? All you're going to do is confuse people that have been watching for years.

Thumbs up to Shadow Clone Technique, screw Kagebunshinojutsu. Translating these words mean they make sense to us, just like they make sense to the Japanese hearing it, rather than a bunch of romanised gibberish which you have to then look up.
    Sure! While we're at it, let's have Goku start using his signature Turtle Destruction Wave.

Ultra Instinct is not a ground breaking new form which I find boring if every nub can obtain it.
    Clearly every nub can't, because they said even Gods have trouble using it.

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I thought the spirit bomb couldn't hurt you if you're a good guy...
    That part of the reason why I think Goku did not absorb it. As it did explode. That explosion of that much energy is what I believe radiated Goku and acted as a quick charge battery. Even Tien was wondering how the amount of energy from that spirit bomb could equal the same amount of energy as Jiren. Then there was Whis explanation that the explosion Triggered Goku to awaken this Ultra Instinct. He had no energy of his own left.... so that leaves the small amount of energy from the spirit Bomb, which acted as a type fo battery.

Even Krillin questions on whether Goku absorbed it. I think it was like a nuclear bomb going off with raw energy.

The atom by itself is harmless with low energy. Split it and what happens? I think the same thing happened with the Spirit Bomb increasing the amount of energy that radiated Goku, giving Goku a little energy to keep going. He depleted that energy in a minute or less. So I don't think it was all that much energy that found it's way inside Goku. Even Whis said Goku's body resisted the energy from the spirit Bomb...

Maybe TOEI will give a clear explanation one day (Unlikely).

I tried to research Kaioken and came up empty on a meaning of Kaio. I know what Ken means. Kaio has no meaning other than it is a Surname lol. Which kind of makes sense considering King Kai and the Kaio shin.

Wiki says Kaioken is World's fist. Not King Kai's fist lol.

CR needs better translators.

Wiki says Kaioken is World's fist. Not King Kai's fist lol.
    Kai means World King. Ken is fist. It's World King's Fist. The o is just a connecting syllable.

Kai Ou Ken (界王拳)= King Kai Fist (or Fist of King Kai). Kai is a fairly vague term that can mean boundary or "realm". In this case it's more akin to "realm". "World" is an acceptable translation.

Goku learned this from our friend, King Kai of the North(Kita no Kai Ou - 北の界王). The dub shortens this to simply King Kai. He is really only one of the 4 King Kais (or Kings of this Realm). The English dubs usually just calls them Kais.

See how much information is lost in translation?

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    Sure! While we're at it, let's have Goku start using his signature Turtle Destruction Wave.
    I'm not against that in principal. And the only way people will get used to it is by actually using it.

To me Kilojoules is superior to Calories* because it is SI. No one uses it in daily conversations because it's uncommon. So you start by actually using it. I do it daily, then convert to calories only when people fail to understand it (thereby increasing their exposure to the SI term and its conversion).

*Not to mention when people say "calories", they're actually talking about kilocalories, because one calorie is actually tiny, which makes most conversations even more wrong.

Regarding Ultra Instinct, only gods seem to know about it. Perhaps then only beings with godly Ki can obtain that form. After all, The legend of Super Sayans was known amongst mortals even though the form had only been obtained a handful of times (once of twice IIRC, depending on whether Brolly counts).
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-09-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Kai Ou Ken (界王拳)= King Kai Fist (or Fist of King Kai). Kai is a fairly vague term that can mean boundary or "realm". In this case it's more akin to "realm". "World" is an acceptable translation.

Goku learned this from our friend, King Kai of the North(Kita no Kai Ou - 北の界王). The dub shortens this to simply King Kai. He is really only one of the 4 King Kais (or Kings of this Realm). The English dubs usually just calls them Kais.

See how much information is lost in translation?
    Yes, but the question is...is ANY of that information actually useful to the viewer? And if so, useful enough to turn one word that they're going to have to be using all the time into a 4 or 5 word phrase?

Besides, this isn't like replacing crewmate with nakama, where it's just a normal word. These are proper nouns. If someone is named Sakura, you don't change their name to Cherry Blossom. And Gohan doesn't have his name translated to Cooked Rice.

Technique names are the same. They're proper nouns.

depending on whether Brolly counts).
    He doesn't.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 10-09-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Names of people untranslated is very acceptable because someone named Sakura has nothing inherently related to cherry blossoms. A technique's name usually tells you exactly what it is, thus making that information useful and meaningful.

A name like Reiter's Syndrome is shit because it is not descriptive, even if it is short and easy to say. Reactive Arthropathy is much more informative and meaningful despite using more syllables to get the message across.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-09-2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo/auto-correct

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Have to admit it, shadow clone technique means more to me than kagebunshin no jutsu
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Jounin
    What happens when they translate it wrong though? Then it's all for naught and would have been better to just say Kaiokenx20.

Then there is Goku's name some can argue it is 5 and 9 or 5 and sky or just Sky/Cloud. I fear the day they give the literal translation for Goku. Kakaratto would probably never be translated either lol. A lot of words and names do not need to be translated.

Kaioken is one of those names that does not need to be translated.

I said character names don't need translation because they don't give useful information. Goku actually means enlightenment/emptiness.

If you're watching subs, you're watching translations. To accept that but to say "you might get my technique names wrong" is plain weird. Either you trust your subs enough to watch it or you don't.

Let's just transcribe everything in Romanji in case I get it wrong and it's all for naught.

Edit: and nobody use Ultra Instinct from now on. That's actually not 100% correct either. Better start
    using whatsitsface again.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-09-2017 at 06:42 PM.