Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    Jaco is from "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman" manga that Toriyama did a couple of years ago. It features Bulmas sister. Pretty interesting read imo.
    WAT

Bulma has a ... sister?!

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Yes, she was introduced in the aforementioned manga. I believe she was mentioned in RoF, but I can't remember off hand.

After watching episode 21 I'm pleasantly surprised that it deviates from the movie quite a lot. The bottom line of the trashmobs are the same, but the 'strong guy' is totally different.

Complaints/problems:
    - The only reason I can see Gohan getting holed by that attack was if he has the same kind of arrogant relaxedness as Goku in the movie.

- Unless Tagoma is stronger than (at least Fat) Buu at the moment, him posing any kind of threat to Gohan would be insane. I'm aware that he didn't train for a while AGAIN, but still, to lose thát much power in a relatively short time (2 years at most, I'd say) would be surprising. From being more powerful than Super Buu to being weaker than Freeza on Namek would be just stupid. (Sorbet mentioned that Tagoma was stronger than Ginyu, and not stronger that Freeza on Namek)

Good points:
    - Goten and Trunks; at least they weren't as stupid as in the movie by not feeling this insane amount of strange ki (and that gives me the impression that Tagoma is stronger than Buu), and go to investigate.

- Krilling being scared; It's just in him to be scared in the first place, and after his retirement basically after the Cell Arc I see this as more natural for him. Nice to see that his instincts are still sharp.

- Gohan mentioning his Ultimate power in the intro. At least that's still a thing. Now let's only hope that his SSJ form is above that power, showing that he didn't completely slack off, although I doubt it.

Last I remember, Gohan's SSJ form is completely useless to him now.

One of the powerups he received from the Old Kai in the Buu arc was that he could use 100% of his power without ever having to transform.

The only reason he had to turn SSJ again was to perform the SSJ God ritual.

I dont like that Muten-Roshi is able to defeat those soldiers ... just how fucking weak are they? And if they´re this weak, Gohan and Piccolo should defeat all of them within seconds.

And then this Tagoma guy ... stronger than Ginyu force, so what? Both Gohan and Piccolo are at a level where they can both defeat Perfect Cell, and that guy was way stronger. And at least Piccolo didn´t slack off.

The Krillin scene was nice, but negatively impacted by Muten-Roshi fighting ... when Muten-Roshi can fight those guys, then why would Krillin ever think he cant.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Yeah, isn't Roshi's power level, like, 100something?

He probably got attacked by henchmen that are normally on desk duty.

Having the guy that was casually executed in the movie be the badass minion instead in the anime is a twist. And having him being Freiza's sparring partner is a really good explanation for him to have a huge powerup.

I just wish they'd done it with both of the named minions, so we could have had at least TWO decent fights before Freiza.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Last I remember, Gohan's SSJ form is completely useless to him now.

One of the powerups he received from the Old Kai in the Buu arc was that he could use 100% of his power without ever having to transform.

The only reason he had to turn SSJ again was to perform the SSJ God ritual.
    From what I can tell from the episode where Old Kai explains his power, is that he can draw out somebody's hidden power and push it way past it's limits. Unless it's further explained somewhere else, I think it takes Gohan's hidden power and enhances it. I don't think it means that his power will be boosted to his absolute maximum. More like his enrage mode and boost the shit out of it.

Not sure. Here's the wiki article on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was wondering if Ginyu being around was ever actually going to pay off, or if it was just going to be a running joke.

Guess we'll see if this series takes a sharp turn from the movie and Piccolo actually dies here.

This is sooooooooooooooo frustrating to watch!

Even if Gohan didnt train all this time ... you cannot go from fighting on par with Boo, beating Cell, and then being weaker than friggin Ginyu. Ughhhhh.
    And even if we accept that Gohan is the worst person in the universe, there´s still Piccolo, who definitely wouldn´t lose all his power. And Piccolo was capable of at least fighting with Imperfect Cell.

God, the power levels are so fucked up here.

I hope that at least Piccolo dies here, because this anime needs some real drama ... and even then, Dragonballs. :/

"Power levels are bullshit" - Vegeta, TFS.

Honestly, I'm rather enjoying this retelling. Tagoma staying alive as proved to be interesting. Too bad Ginyu ruined that.

My only other complaint would be the fact that Goku and Vegeta aren't already SSB yet. Furthermore, now they're going to be in the next episode which means they probably wont have had much time to train with that form. It kind of ruins the moment from the movie when Freeza gets told he should've trained more in his new form before rushing to Earth. I guess being in a dimension like the room of spirit and time will help, but I was hoping we would actually see them transforming for the first time.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I still don't see why Gohan would keep using SSJ while his other form is stronger.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Because he`s too weak to use his other form?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Gohan mentioned in this episode that he can't tap into his Ultimate power because of his lack of training. Oddly enough, he can't even do SSJ2 anymore, apparently.. even though chronologically there is a way bigger gap between the Cell and Buu arc than this one.. this should be roughly be a year since Beerus arrived.. and that itself was at most a few months after Buu's defeat.

I wouldn't say that Gohan is weaker then Ginyu, since Ginyu's power is to steal bodies, 'powerlevel' and all. The only thing is that right after the body change he needs to get used to the body and has trouble tapping into it's full potential. This happened when he took over Goku's body on Namek as well. Tagoma could be as strong as Cell or even Buu was for as far as we know. That explains Piccolo getting owned, since it hasn't been that long since Buu arrived, and in that fight he basically opted out of fighting, because he just wasn't up to the task.
    Theoretically SSJ3 Gotenks could put up more of a fight than Gohan at te moment.

So what´s the excuse for Gotenks not turning to SSJ3?

Because the fusion would've ran out before he even got there. As a SSJ, he only had enough time to get there, head butt Tagoma and talk for like a minute and then he defused.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    I wouldn't say that Gohan is weaker then Ginyu, since Ginyu's power is to steal bodies, 'powerlevel' and all. The only thing is that right after the body change he needs to get used to the body and has trouble tapping into it's full potential. This happened when he took over Goku's body on Namek as well. Tagoma could be as strong as Cell or even Buu was for as far as we know.
    This. Ginyu has all of Tagoma's power at his disposal. And in this version, Tagoma is incredibly powerful from training with Freiza.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Well, I feel as if the animation in the last four episodes or so has been MUCH MUCH better, they`ve lengthen the duration of the arcs in interesting ways and I even dare saying that I`m looking forward to each new episode. Hopefully it stays this way.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie