Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

I'm also actually enjoying it now. The Battle of the Gods arc was horrendous, but RoF is making up for it. It's pretty ridiculous how useless Gohan is being made out to be, but whatever, I'll try not to think about it.

And unless somebody else gets another God-level power up, it looks like it's the Goku and Vegeta show from here on out as the enemies will only get stronger. Also still no indication of how they attained the SSB state. It makes sense for Goku since he was already SSG, but I was hoping for a better explanation for Vegeta after neither the RoF movie nor DBS manga gave any detail.

I'm really hoping this is a wakeup call for Gohan to stop being such a worthless chucklefuck in between story arcs from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    It makes sense for Goku since he was already SSG, but I was hoping for a better explanation for Vegeta after neither the RoF movie nor DBS manga gave any detail.
    Me too. Maybe we'll get a flashback or something.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Yeah Gohan was supposed to be the strongest non-fused character at the end of DBZ.
    I am kinda hoping that Vegeta will be the stronger one this time around. It's always Goku saving the day. But he should be stronger than Goku since he has had a few months of 'training' in already before Goku showed up.

You know, i recently re-watched some old Dragonball (not Z) episodes and it got me thinking: Is the human race simply not talented enough to be capable fighters? Itīs only aliens that get to fight at the current ridiculous level. The strongest humans would be Kuririn/Tenshinhan, but theyīre absolutely useless now, outside of maybe diversion tactics.

Itīs kinda ironic if thatīs the way, looking how elaborate all those battles pre-Z were, all those sophisticated martial artists. Yet, none of them could have defeated even the first from of Z-Freezer.

Makes me wish they focused on this and in the procedure get Kuririn on par to fight again :>

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Nah, Krillin has already reaped the rewards of fighting beings he can't beat. I mean he managed to bag himself Android 18.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    But he should be stronger than Goku since he has had a few months of 'training' in already before Goku showed up.
    Yeah, but Vegeta had a lot of catching up to do. Goku was way ahead of him when Vegeta started training. Vegeta hadn't even reached SSJ3 yet, much less SSJG.

True but I think it has been stated that SSJ states aren't going to be used a lot by them in this series since the God transformations are way above that. When they fought against each other during the Buu Saga they were evenly matched in SSJ2. Goku was also forced to stop training so he could work while Vegeta kept training.

Anyway, we know from RoF that they both achieved the complete SSG form ( I'm just calling it that because it gets ridiculous otherwise).
    But I just hope that Vegeta is stronger. It's about time he gets to be the hero for a bit.....until Goku flies past him again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing how this fight manages to not look as good as the one from 20 years ago...

And still no explanations for SSJGSSJ...
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 12-23-2015 at 11:45 PM.

After ep 26:

It looks like this arc will end next episode, maybe one after that as a proper cleanup. So, it's finally time for new material. This arc is different enough from the movie to be entertaining, and I even dare say it's better than the movie. I'm curious about what's next, although some slight manga spoilers have already reached me, thanks to a collegue.

One difference I noticed in the series is that Whis never mentioned or showed his reverse time ability. When Beerus' sneeze blows up the planet, Whis only mentions that this time he didn't need to fix it. Maybe his powers have been altered a bit after the commentary it received. Or the writers just didn't show it for the element of surprise..

by the way; it seems like the subbers for this series are dropping like flies..

Um, where IS episode 26? nya only has up to 25, only some weird dutch sub 26 :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Um, where IS episode 26? nya only has up to 25, only some weird dutch sub 26 :/
    Was wondering the same thing. Episode aired like 2 weeks ago, and still no sub for it.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Here it is

The episode came out last Sunday, not two weeks ago, for the record :P
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Are those subs any good ?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

They're leaning so much on the "Goku and Vegeta will never work together" that it's obvious that they will at some climactic moment.

I have to keep reminding myself that Gogeta has technically never been a thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    The episode came out last Sunday, not two weeks ago, for the record :P
    I was actually referring to episode 25, which is also not on Nyaa yet, and that aired in December.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 01-13-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I have to keep reminding myself that Gogeta has technically never been a thing at this point.

but Vegeto has ...

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    but Vegeto has ...
    Pfft...like that even counts.

The dutchsaiyaman sub is in english, it's just the name of the translator. I believe he translated for KamiFS before.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar

Well, that wraps up resurrection F, next week we get the beginning of the new arc, which according to the previews is canon.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Most important and exciting thing about this episode: Gohan now has found his reason to fight. He'll go back to training with Piccolo. I hope eventually he'll figure out SSJG as well and be relevant again.

Man...Vegeta deserved to get that killshot.