Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1493

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    Can we just agree that we have all used Kaioken since the beginning and only now when they use a literal translation we are up in arms? I think if we had this translation for the past 20+ years and then heard Kaioken, would you be up in arms?
    Not for me
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    Can we just agree that we have all used Kaioken since the beginning and only now when they use a literal translation we are up in arms? I think if we had this translation for the past 20+ years and then heard Kaioken, would you be up in arms?
    Absolutely.

If they had been calling it "King Kai's Berry Blast" for 20 years, I'd be calling it that. Because I wouldn't have to explain wtf I was talking about to half the people listening.

Basically, when I reference something from a show, I don't want 90% of the people that watch that show to go "What?" just so I can impress the weebs or language majors that make up the other 10%.

I learned not to do that back when I used refer to Haki as Ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I have yet to hear about how he feels about Shotokan Karate now becoming Ansatsuken.
    I'm okay with in that case, because Shotokan Karate wasn't just leaving it untranslated, OR translated, or even translated poorly. It was outright wrong. Shotokan Karate is a real martial art, one that Ken and Ryu DON'T use.

It's like 4Kids calling rice balls "donuts". I don't care if you want to call them rice balls, or onigiri. But they aren't fucking donuts.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 10-11-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Jounin
    So... this does not bode well for us fans.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...er-2-8/.122633

DBS position has slipped a lot and viewership has dropped by 50 %/

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Ribrianne effect...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

---

Goddamnit I love Hit so much. I can't believe he got eliminated this early on!

Now that we've hit the halfway point, I hope we get a new opening next week.

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

Goddamnit I love Hit so much. I can't believe he got eliminated this early on!

Now that we've hit the halfway point, I hope we get a new opening next week.
    Agreed! I was surprised he was knocked out easy.

It's obvious Goku and Jiren will have a rematch. Freiza going to make sure Goku wins seems like lol.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Imagine if Goku instant-teleported to Jiren's blindspot and just threw him off. You can't glare at what you can't see, and it'd be GG. It looked like Hit had plenty of timeskip left - just nowhere near enough to draw out the rest of the fight.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Agreed! I was surprised he was knocked out easy.
    I was kinda hoping that Hit would keep Jiran time locked until close to the end of the match, when we'd have the big climactic rematch, but instead, they had him curb stomp Hit and now he's just gonna nap till the end instead...

Freiza going to make sure Goku wins seems like lol.
    Unless he has some OTHER plan up his sleeve, that seems like the just plain logical path. Goku is the only one that's been able to do ANYTHING to Jiran, so if Freeza want's to not be erased/resurrected, it makes sense to make sure Goku recovers to get another shot at him.

Jounin
    I was kinda hoping that Hit would keep Jiran time locked until close to the end of the match, when we'd have the big climactic rematch, but instead, they had him curb stomp Hit and now he's just gonna nap till the end instead...

Unless he has some OTHER plan up his sleeve, that seems like the just plain logical path. Goku is the only one that's been able to do ANYTHING to Jiran, so if Freeza want's to not be erased/resurrected, it makes sense to make sure Goku recovers to get another shot at him.
    I do suspect a rematch based on the leaked photo back in May. Goku was shirtless and he still has his Blue shirt on. I am thinking a rematch is coming where Goku gonna tap in to Ultra Instinct 200 % and just destroy Jiren. Once he does that I suspect the tournament will get interrupted.

My other prediction was wrong too about the Yardrat.

---

Well, now I'm rooting for Vegeta(even though there's no way). He's got the right idea.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Haha, that triggered him so badly.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post

awesome lol

Hmm, now Goku required SSJB Kioken to keep up with Toppo. So if Vegeta want's to beat him, he's gonna have to pull out some extra shit.

I really kinda want to see Vegeta hit SSJ Blue 2 before Goku.

Jounin
    Hmm, now Goku required SSJB Kioken to keep up with Toppo. So if Vegeta want's to beat him, he's gonna have to pull out some extra shit.

He spent days in the Hyperbolic time chamber. He must have powered up or something. Hell, he even broke it, again.

I am hoping he's gained a new level, otherwise training like that is pointless.

I am hoping he's gained a new level, otherwise training like that is pointless.
    It would hardly be the first time.

Hell, the first time he used it, he went in with Super Saiyan and came out...stronger, but still not able to Super Saiyan 2.

Jounin
    It would hardly be the first time.

Hell, the first time he used it, he went in with Super Saiyan and came out...stronger, but still not able to Super Saiyan 2.
    True but it's been years in both real life and in the anime since then. He knows how to train more effectively now compared to before thanks to Whis and Goku.

With how much Vegeta has developed as a character in Super, I have become a fan of his and would like to see him be rewarded for all his effort and hard work. He hasn't really shown what he can do yet in this Tournament.

If he just spend a few years training and got nowhere in the Time chamber, then Goku was right and the time chamber is pointless and Vegeta gets shafted again. :/

The fact that he spent his time in the chamber alone with no-one to train against probably undermines his ability to improve with training.

Jounin
    The fact that he spent his time in the chamber alone with no-one to train against probably undermines his ability to improve with training.
    Possible but we will never know due to the anime never addressing any scenes like this. :/

well, if vegeta can keep up with toppo with just SSJB then it means that vegeta's SSJB is just stronger than goku's SSJB... its not like each transformation has a ceiling limit...