Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1296

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    His white is for flame temperature. His flames are blue, higher temp than Endeavor. But it's true it contradicts the white that should be the ice/cold quirk that helps cooling/protecting the body from high temps caused by the fire quirk.
    His white hair probably also shows his body recovery is near the end, like an old body and he might not last long.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

"Nobody tries to depict the villains as nice"

:/

The end of this episode CLEARLY gave the villains ANOTHER "we're people, too, and we have feelings and dreams" scene, trying to paint them as characters that the audience is supposed to empathize with. And if that wasn't clear enough, when Bakugo announces his new name, even villains were included in the reaction-scene, which only would include "good" characters. Clearly, the author considers Shigaraki's villain group is "good" guys, probably going for some bullshit "they just happened to be mislead by their life experiences"-trope crap.

Really annoying me to no end and at this point I'm fully expecting this to lead to an entire arc for the villains or some bs.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Vilains have opinions too, feelings, thoughts, intellect. Their objectives are against society for whatever reason, they are criminals, but most of the time they are living sentient beings.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    And if that wasn't clear enough, when Bakugo announces his new name, even villains were included in the reaction-scene, which only would include "good" characters.
    ...what?

Why aren't evil characters allowed to react to things that happen around them?

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Vilains have opinions too, feelings, thoughts, intellect. Their objectives are against society for whatever reason, they are criminals, but most of the time they are living sentient beings.
    But as the audience, I don't care about the feelings of mass murderers. This anime repeatedly tries to me feel sympathetic towards them and no amount of "you're wrong" will change my mind about this. That's the only way I can see all these villain scenes.

...what?

Why aren't evil characters allowed to react to things that happen around them?
    They're allowed to react to SERIOUS happenings. They're not allowed to be part of a humorous skit.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

They're allowed to react to SERIOUS happenings. They're not allowed to be part of a humorous skit.
    Lol, okay. Shonen villains aren't allowed to be humorous now. I'm sure Jump will get right on that.

Episode 126:

Everyone on Gotwoot except me: "The anime is not depicting the villains as sympathetic."

The anime this week: *spends half the episode on tragic flashback, has villains struggle with dramatic music, then break free from Jeanist's binding alongside heroic music, reaching their goal*

:|

Yes, I want an apology :/

Yeah, this was fucking dumb.

"I'm trying to change society because people in the stick made fun of my lizard face."
    *joins organization that murders hundreds/thousands*

And Midoriya's "I know you killed tons of people, but you still look like you want to be saved."...jfc.

Yes, I want an apology
    Not gonna. Cause if this was AoT, and that was Floch you'd be cheering him on.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    And Midoriya's "I know you killed tons of people, but you still look like you want to be saved."...jfc.
    Had to lol irl at that line Like, do Japanese mangaka know that their country is one of the few civilized countries that has the death penalty still going on?! When Vegeta joined the good guys in DB, you could at least excuse it with "necessity", because new, more powerful villains kept showing up. Here? Shigaraki is a psychotic mass murderer. Screw him. So Hitler got bullied for his paintings? Don't care.

Not gonna. Cause if this was AoT, and that was Floch you'd be cheering him on.
    That's bait, but I love that you still insist on Team Mikasa/Armin being the good guys <3

That's bait, but I love that you still insist on Team Mikasa/Armin being the good guys <3
    *Shigaraki hates the world, kills hundreds*
    Mfauli: "What a villain!"
    *Eren hates the world, is gonna kill millions*
    Mfauli: "What a hero!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    *Shigaraki hates the world, kills hundreds*
    Mfauli: "What a villain!"
    *Eren hates the world, is gonna kill millions*
    Mfauli: "What a hero!"
    DarthEnderX: "Reasons and motivations? GTFO, lol!"

Edit: Moved it to AoT thread.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    One of Horikoshi's weaknesses in his writing style is assuming a connection with characters that isn't necessarily there. The villains haven't gotten enough screen time or growth to be very engaging, and a single flashback isn't enough to fill in that gap. They can be fun on screen, and they can have their own hero moments (to their friends), but lets not get carried away...

Case in point, Shigaraki's sudden victim status feels contrived, true or not, and makes Midoria seem more naïve than he should be at this point in the story. I hope it was just an 'inner thought' moment and he never acts on that, as he lacks the leeway in power to do so.

Spinner I like as the only member of the league of villains who had a concrete goal acting in some form of good to his own interpretation.

The villain I'm truly tired of during this fight is Dabi, easily. His shrill laughter and nothingburger motivation really fell flat for me. I'm ready for him to take his exit as his scenes are no longer interesting or even entertaining.

Everyone on Gotwoot except me: "The anime is not depicting the villains as sympathetic."
    I stand by that. Struggle and motivation doesn't mean we're expected to side with them. They can have 'reasons' (good and bad and worse) to be villains and most people can separate that with them being antagonists. Conflict is more interesting when there is some plausible impetus to both sides. You can argue how effective they are, but as a storytelling tool, they are a far cry from sympathy; only empathy might be evoked.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Compress must eventually decomress automatically. Otherwise trapping his friends in balls when Mr Compress would die or be locked up etc makes no sense. Being blown away by radiowaves also makes no sense.

I did like shitting down Lemillion by giving him something he couldn't predict though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It's very weird how so much of the League of Villains is supposedly motivated by Stain, but none of them seems to understand him at all.

He has no interest in killing innocent people. And no interest in killing Heroes that he thinks are actually motivated purely to help people. His issue is with the system itself which basically trues to turn cops into rock stars. And his targets are the heroes he believes profit from that system.

Stain is, like, the ACTUAL cool version of this archetype, who actually has a sympathetic motivation.

The whole "The system failed me, so I'm going to make sure it fails as many other people as possible, and that's going to make things better...somehow?" motivation of the League is just...asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I did like shitting down Lemillion
    TWSS.

Episode 127:

So, why isn't Ochaco using her ability to instantly make all the rubble hover? She'd save thousands of lives, lol.

The random deaths just don't hit me after so many seasons where nobody died.

Is this the final season or does the manga keep going?

So, why isn't Ochaco using her ability to instantly make all the rubble hover? She'd save thousands of lives, lol.
    Cause she has a weight limit? She can't just float a whole city.

The random deaths just don't hit me after so many seasons where nobody died.
    That's the opposite of how most people react.

Sad to lose Midnight like that... to some rubble from Mr. Compress...

I do enjoy the scenes for the rescue ops frantically trying to piece together and salvage as many lives as possible. Not because of the destruction itself, but because Horikoshi's writing style handles these sections much more thoughtfully than his fight choreography, making these scenes hit just as hard emotionally as the screaming special attacks and set pieces do. I've always appreciated that worldbuilding and attention to detail.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Sad to lose Midnight like that... to some rubble from Mr. Compress...

I do enjoy the scenes for the rescue ops frantically trying to piece together and salvage as many lives as possible. Not because of the destruction itself, but because Horikoshi's writing style handles these sections much more thoughtfully than his fight choreography, making these scenes hit just as hard emotionally as the screaming special attacks and set pieces do. I've always appreciated that worldbuilding and attention to detail.
    I was surprised at the Hero burnout scene. Most of the series highlights hero incompetence, society's distrust/reliance on them and heros' aim to be the top. Didn't expect them to cover the "This is too hard and a shit job" aspect.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I work with police, and (them) being constantly brushed up against the seedier elements of society definitely changes people, or they quit before that can happen. Staring into the abyss, and so on.

That being said, hero work has been deemed necessary, and half the villains in this show are against how it is structured and imposed, so more observing the framework of supernatural triage beginning to creak under the emotional weight is more nuanced than we typically get in shounen.