Quote Originally Posted by shinta|hikari View Post
@Neo - Only they hid a huge rule from everyone. Izuku became one of the top rankers just because he saved that girl. And judges DID give out points on a whim. Izuku passed because of the points given to his heroism, a mechanic none of the participants knew about (which they should've if they had any common sense).
They should know about it from the earlier generations, especially since it's an elite school in Japan. I mean, there's a whole huge industry in Japan arranging extra courses for students for the single purpose of getting into the next school in their studying career. It got treated like nobody knew in this episode, but that's bullshit. Maybe, and just maybe, in the heat of the moment and with the strict time limit, the emphasis on the villain points, and the large amount of (fake) villains, it's psychologically quite plausible that nobody really paid attention to it or remembered it. Plus it's a lot harder to try to catch situations where you could save someone compared to just beating one of the hundreds of robots.

I do find it quite funny that a hero who can control gravity or levitate objects, whatever it is, was pinned down by random rubble on top of her feet. Kind of like a fish trapped in wet water, huh...

I still hate the MC. I can't help it. I don't know how he could have kept dreaming of becoming a great hero his whole life but is such a scared and nervous crybaby all the time. He was bullied, but not that badly. The fact he can still talk and interact with his childhood acquaintance means the bullying wasn't so brutal. But I'll keep watching for Nice Person's sake. Or something.