Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1285

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    What do you mean Deku's act? It makes sense why he acts this way.
    He's a whimp. And now he's acting like "I'm BATMAN". The moment he takes of the mask and talks to his friends, he'll revert to whimp status instantly, so I can't take his tough guy-act seriously ^^

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I didn't get the feeling that he's batman. He's always been a wimp.

He's just got a hero complex, now has the power to back it up, but is burning out nonetheless because his body can't keep up with the responsibility that everybody has placed on him (including himself).

It's similar to every other "I can't rely on my friends or else I'll hurt them" anime scenario, except this one's kind of baked into his character from the start.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I love it. It's by far the coolest version of him.

I like that he is getting deeper into his train of thought, fueled by hatred.
    It would have been even better if he wouldn't collapse from exhaustion and slither through the streets like a slug due to it, because that just makes him look weak - and it's kinda annoying when he manages to switch out of it and fight like a maniac even though he can barely walk anymore.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 03-05-2023 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I love it. It's by far the coolest version of him.
    I think it's dumb that his costume is literally becoming monstrous. He looks like a FNAF villain now. And battle damage doesn't explain all the changes.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Deku gettin' raggedy feels needless (if he hasn't slept, you know he hasn't bathed; homeless looking people don't put anyone at ease...), but it is forgivable if we are to buy into his infinite justice syndrome that is pushing him to the brink. Also sad to see him pull away from All-Might. Come to think of it, for a complete non-combatant, he is surprisingly involved with the story and has quite a bit of screen time, still.

E136

----------------

-I was going to say that their efforts to stop Deku were ad hoc and lacked any real synergy, but then they pulled the music out and did the roller coaster launcher.

-It still didn't hit as hard as Bakugo giving a level headed apology though. We knew that guy was supposed to be smart and intuitive, but when he does it without yelling (and isn't in battle) he sounds pretty cool.. even though he's been bullying Deku for years.

-lol at Todoroki summoning an giant wall of ice for Deku to just break his neck crashing into. That was brutal.

When that You Say Run hits!

episode 137:

only 5 minutes in, but: if i were a citizen, i wouldnt complain about deku. instead id complain about the insane tax money that must have cost to build that insane underground safety system of UA. lol.

Edit: "Thats why i paid for it myself" - um, yeah, sure ... (author: "I have given up trying.")

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

None of those people deserve to be saved.

I am SO looking forward to a Stain/All Might encounter. I'm super interested in Stain's take on recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    None of those people deserve to be saved.
    Yeah, there really needed to be a scene giving all these people shit. "OK, then DON'T stay here, guys. Go outside and wait for Shigaraki to kill you. Or maybe make you his slaves. Or WE leave, if you think you're fine here inside UA. But if you think we have ANY obligation to protect you, no matter what, you're WRONG. ALL the shit that's been happening is the VILLAINS fault. WE are risking our LIVES to fight back. And you treat us, and especially the most hard-working hero here, like SHIT. TOUCH SOME GRASS, you FUCKING, self-centered ASSHOLES."

Something like that :>

----------

A reminder that these people aren't quirkless little lambs for the most part. They all have quirks, they just don't / can't fight.

That pisses me off, perhaps even more than the fact that no one there is using their brains.

As for the underground subway system, I don't see how that allows you to escape Decay unless you outrun it (which is only temporary) or you levitate. Subways still have contact points.

A reminder that these people aren't quirkless little lambs for the most part. They all have quirks, they just don't / can't fight.
    In their defense, not every quirk is useful for fighting.

Like, Deku's mom's power is levitating small objects.

Yeah, that's why can't fight is in there. Some quirks aren't suited for being front-liners, I agree.

I mentioned the reminder because we often don't see non-heroes use their quirks often in society to the point where they behave like they're quirkless in every day activities. I know if that if I could levitate small objects I'd be levitating the shit out of everything for convenience. I'm going to guess that from a story-perspective it's unnecessary and puts extra burden on the artists to keep track of and draw too many powers.

That said, thinking about this more, even if they were quirkless that wouldn't be an issue. Everyone contributes during a war even as non-combatants.

I know if that if I could levitate small objects I'd be levitating the shit out of everything for convenience.
    I mean, they've shown her doing it while she cleans the house. So I guess maybe she does.

Also, quirks wear you out. So even a relatively weak quirk may not be worth using constantly for stuff you don't need.

Everyone contributes during a war even as non-combatants.
    Well that's just not the case. Civilians just give up or hide all the time when war moves through their area. Sure, some fight back, but most people don't.

The problem is that guns and rifles are powerless because REASONS.

In reality, a civilian using a rifle would kill most of these villains instantly, including Shigaraki - he's not gonna regenerate from a headshot.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    he's not gonna regenerate from a headshot.
    What makes you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    What makes you think so?
    Good writin-OH.

Not sure how writing quality relates. Magic power is magic power. They've never established the brain as any kind of weak spot that negates powers.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Shigaraki might develop a safety decay barrier for fast moving objects comming his way.
    Bullet problem solved with easy writing

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.