Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1285

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Eraser is such a badass..

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    He's the most pure embodiment of the blue element in Magic: You don't get to play the game.

Yeah, this entire fight really doesn't make a lot of sense. Still, I just watched 114-122 in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it, even with all the "wtf" moments.

new episode:

Just one thing, otherwise I'd be writing 100000 words of rant:

Fuck Toga. Worst shit stain ever. I don't understand why this anime tries to present Shigaraki's group as "nice" people with these scenes where Toga and her guys talk. She's a psychopathic murderer and everything she says is bs. She's bitter that her "friend" got killed? DONT FUCKING BE A MURDERER YOURSELF THEN.

If there's any justice, Toga will be shred to pieces. However, seeing how even Shigaraki is already receiving his "prison free" card by making All for One the single bad guy, I have no hope. All these villains will get to live because theyre "nice". Fuck that.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I don't understand why this anime tries to present Shigaraki's group as "nice" people with these scenes where Toga and her guys talk. She's a psychopathic murderer and everything she says is bs. She's bitter that her "friend" got killed? DONT FUCKING BE A MURDERER YOURSELF THEN.

All these villains will get to live because theyre "nice". Fuck that.
    I mean, Twice was arguably the nicest of them and he is, presumably, dead.

I don't understand why this anime tries to present Shigaraki's group as "nice" people with these scenes where Toga and her guys talk. She's a psychopathic murderer and everything she says is bs. She's bitter that her "friend" got killed? DONT FUCKING BE A MURDERER YOURSELF THEN.
    I don't think they are portrayed as "nice"; they just get some scenes to banter and share their perspective(s). It isn't portrayed as heroic, though they do have feelings and value in things that might be empathetic, but you aren't expected to be on their side. They are tragic if you're feeling generous, and their misguided motivations are just to give them some drive and character moments because complex enemies are more interesting than flat mustache twirlers.

You don't like them or what they have done. Correct; the show isn't saying you should, but riding in silence would be pretty boring for the audience. Why not let their characters develop and interact a little?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    but you aren't expected to be on their side.
    Disagree completely. This episode totally wanted you to empathize with Toga.

Fuck her.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Empathize is different than sympathize.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Ochaco just straight up said "That's it? I've got people to rescue and you came to ask me this? You killed an old lady to ask me this?"

(to be fair, Toga just has to draw their blood. There's no proof that she killed an old lady)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    (to be fair, Toga just has to draw their blood. There's no proof that she killed an old lady)
    She didn't deny it though...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    She didn't deny it though...
    She got quite hung up on the "just to ask me this" and having her reason belittled.

But yes, she didn't deny it.

episode 124:

Who THE FUCK cares?!

This anime tries SO HARD to make you empathize with its villains, but it just falls entirely flat. First third of the episode was more "Ain't I kawai-Toga" bs. Why tf should I care about the feelings of a mass murderer? Gtfo, Toga, all I want to see is your ripped apart dead body. I fucking hate her face.

And then the last 2/3 of the episode is a cringe speech of Dabi's. Why does the fight stop?! Why is everyone just waiting for Shigaragki to recover, only because some asshole mass murder is revealing he's someone's son?! "Hawk stabbed a fleeing villain" - SO WHAT, YOU'RE MURDERERS! In no plausible society would people side with you, you murder innocent citizens.

Really, REALLY bad episode and I hate how Ochaco let Toga run. Why did she do that? She knows Toga is a mass murderer, Fuck, she just told her that she dropped people from the sky just for funsies. Letting her run means she gets to murder MORE people. Wtf, Ochaco?!

Really, REALLY bad episode and I hate how Ochaco let Toga run. Why did she do that? She knows Toga is a mass murderer, Fuck, she just told her that she dropped people from the sky just for funsies. Letting her run means she gets to murder MORE people. Wtf, Ochaco?!
    They didn't actually LET her run. They opened their eyes and she was gone.

I never quite got the "This is why X professional is bad due to the stuff they do in their private life".

If you make good movies, your off-screen life is not my problem. If what you did is illegal, that's the State's problem. To associate lifestyle choice with professional performance is illogical.

Same with this hero stuff.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Heroes are part of the state force it seems. And state workers have to have better life ethics (at least in most countries)
    Regardless of that fact, just tarnishing someones image is a hard blow, even more in the hero business it seems

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Heroes are part of the state force it seems. And state workers have to have better life ethics (at least in most countries)
    Yeah, it happens in real life. I think it's bullshit.

We live in a world where Roman Polanski, who everyone knows raped a 13 year old girl in the ass, is still celebrated for his movies, even gets to make new movies. I just can't take any of this "Endeaver was not nice to his son, so now you are ruined, says me, a mass murderer!"

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure you were mad Endeavor had no consequences to his horrible past.
    You should be happy Dabi is there to change that.

Also, it's not important who conveys informations when it is available to everyone.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I'm glad you're invested enough to be angry about the villains and what's going on.

The major damage done this arc, surprisingly, is to society's confidence in heroes to protect them. I think at least a few of the villains had that as an objective. It is a predominantly Japanese thing, but 'society' is fairly hive-minded and can adopt a stance in solidarity, as far as BnHA is concerned; mostly to simplify the storytelling; giving 'all of the angles' equal screen time would run long (and boring). If enough people begin lose hope, the idea is that hero society will break down and more or less fall into AfO's ideal form where his ability to manipulate quirks is the most powerful.

Sigaraki fighting against his (AfO) control is a interesting idea. He just wants to destroy everything because he never got over his emo phase and wants to lash out with reckless abandon.

Toga's friction with society is that of a serial killer; she wants to feel pleasure and fulfillment in ways that require harming others. There is no place for her in this world so long as she won't give up those desires, and she is frustrated at her limited options.

Dabi, while wronged, has the least compelling grudge of all: Endeavour. As far as I can tell, he is angry that he didn't get to be a hero because his firepower would destroy himself, so he goes on a long term fake suicide plan to punish his father for... having a superior offspring? Why the hostility? You don't appear to have any other life goals or aspirations other than revenge? Petty and illogical.

Episode 125

--------------

Lemillion is back, but more importantly, Eri has mastered Revert, so all the limbs that have been cut off, all the people who are half dead will be just fine - as long as they're not completely dead.

They did manage to keep Jeanist under the wraps for some time, and his fibre ability is pretty cool. Just needs to have strong fibres around, so he's not actually that mobile because you can't cart tons of cable around like that - unless you have a Gravity sidekick.

I don't get why Dabi has white hair. If the hair colour mix is supposed to represent the relative balance of quirks within their bodies, then his should be red, not white.