Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

---

I was not expecting that twist. It was great. The Minks are freaking awesome.

The look on Luffy's face is amazing too. He so rarely seems to give a shit about what other people do. But he seems to love this.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 12-07-2016 at 01:43 AM.

I'm pretty happy with the pacing of this episode. They built it up well
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Thats how its done! Well placed misdirection led up to a satisfying twist that validates the slow pacing these last 10 episodes, or so.

---

I knew it. I knew Oda wouldn't let the ninja be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

I knew it. I knew Oda wouldn't let the ninja be cool...
    Oda is the plot twist champ!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Oda is the plot twist champ!
    It wasn't even remotely a plot twist! I predicted it back in October when they first mentioned there was going to be a ninja!

Oda makes shit that should be lame, cool. And shit that should be cool, lame.

It's literally just the exact same joke they did with Kanjuro. Where they build him up to be a badass, and then when you see him, he's a total doofus.

It wasn't even remotely a plot twist! I predicted it back in October when they first mentioned there was going to be a ninja!

Oda makes shit that should be lame, cool. And shit that should be cool, lame.

It's literally just the exact same joke they did with Kanjuro. Where they build him up to be a badass, and then when you see him, he's a total doofus.
    Well yeah, you can't have a ninja steal the show in a pirate story, man.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well yeah, you can't have a ninja steal the show in a pirate story, man.
    You can if you put him on the crew! Then he's a NinjaPirate!

Luffy still needs a Lookout and a Helmsman.

---

Oh yeah. This is all coming together. We need 4 map pieces to get to Raftel. Kaido and Big Mam have 2 of the pieces. We gotta go fight Big Mam to save Sanji. We gotta go fight Kaido to free Wano. And Luffy wants to fight them both anyway cause he thinks he has to beat all 4 Emperors before becoming King.

I'm not sure why Nami said Choppper was wrong though. If Raftel is located between the four points indicated by the Red Poneglphs, then you should be able to pinpoint the location with 3 of them easily.

---

Oh yeah. This is all coming together. We need 4 map pieces to get to Raftel. Kaido and Big Mam have 2 of the pieces. We gotta go fight Big Mam to save Sanji. We gotta go fight Kaido to free Wano. And Luffy wants to fight them both anyway cause he thinks he has to beat all 4 Emperors before becoming King.

I'm not sure why Nami said Choppper was wrong though. If Raftel is located between the four points indicated by the Red Poneglphs, then you should be able to pinpoint the location with 3 of them easily.
    Haha... pretty much, yeah. But you can't make a badass pirate X-marks-the-spot with only 3 corners now, can you?

Edit: okay, so I thought about this a bit more. Triangulating isnt the same as marking a location using 4 points. With triangulating, you calculate a 4th point given what you know about the distance or angle of it from three points. In this case, the target is a 5th point where two lines intersect. If you only knew 3 points, then you would have a line that wraps around the globe, and an extra point that tells you nothing. Of course, this is assuming you know which 2 of the 3 points need to pair up. Worst case scenario, you'd have to traverse three possible paths around the planet in order to stumble onto Raftel (or Raftel could change locations like Zou, in which you're fucked.)
    Last edited by Assertn; Sun, 12-25-2016 at 04:11 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

That's true. The visual image gives the impression that the 4 points are equidistant from each other, but that's not necessarily the case. If the 4 points form a weird trapezoid instead of a square, then you'd need all 4 to know where the centerpoint is.

---

Hmm, more of Luffy's unexplained ability to understand animals. I wonder if it's related to his Conqueror's Haki.

This is also some straight up JRPG shit, where Luffy is switching out all his current party members with all the ones he left behind last time. Can't let them fall behind on XP!

---

Hmm, more of Luffy's unexplained ability to understand animals. I wonder if it's related to his Conqueror's Haki.

This is also some straight up JRPG shit, where Luffy is switching out all his current party members with all the ones he left behind last time. Can't let them fall behind on XP!
    Of course, figures one of the party members you left out previously is now unavailable
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Of course, figures one of the party members you left out previously is now unavailable
    Yeah, but he's also the focus of the next part, so he's going to be plenty involved.

- - - - -

Actually it seems like the next part is a filler, or at least my filler senses are very much telling me so. Looks like I chose quite a good spot to marathon a few months of eps when the run ended with the last canon episode. That being said, amazingly little happened in nine whole episodes. The history of the inscription stones revealed was more or less the only worthwhile part. Otherwise these fellows act as if they had all the time in the world.

The Zunisha stuff was cool, though. Maybe its a super weapon controllable by momonosuke kinda like shirahoshi with the sea kings.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The Zunisha stuff was cool, though. Maybe its a super weapon controllable by momonosuke kinda like shirahoshi with the sea kings.
    Yeah, it wasn't bad as such. I was just annoyed by the stretched presentation. When you watch a whole episode of the villains bombarding the leg of the poor elephant and the heroes are just rolling their eyes and asking stupid questions, it rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't bad as such. I was just annoyed by the stretched presentation. When you watch a whole episode of the villains bombarding the leg of the poor elephant and the heroes are just rolling their eyes and asking stupid questions, it rubs me the wrong way.
    Oh for sure. As I was watching it, I was thinking. "Filler. Filler never changes."

And, hey, next episode we get to watch the strawhats make soup and bandages for the elephant. That outta be exciting! ...right?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Yay! New Clima Tact! And extra sexually suggestive too!

---

Hah! I'm glad Carrot stowed away. She's a super cutie.

I won't lie, I'd like to see her join the crew. The Strawhats still need a lookout, and she'd be awesome at it. She can jump up, like, a mile, and she eats a lot of carrots, so you know she's got super eyesight.